Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Da Babes Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/22/2010 6:16:16 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
I'd better get out of here before someone (with the initials JWE) hits me.

Buck

Buck, you are nowhere near getting b-slapped. Uncle Don is after me to include the DDG Hansas ships that were interned and reflagged as 'Empires', so what's a couple more Norwegians, eh?

Think we are going to have to do some judicious triage on the Liberty ships. Never paid much attention to them (just considered them as generally fungible slugs), but there's probably 50-100 too many in the game (just guessing), so plenty of room for real live honest to gosh boats.

Gonna be added in for Da Big Babes, and if it ain't too ugly, maybe for the first rev of Babes Lite.

Darn, Buck, I didn't know you were 67. Heck, I'm only 61, so I guess beauty will have to defer to age, in this case.

< Message edited by JWE -- 1/22/2010 8:22:23 PM >

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 301
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/23/2010 9:24:28 AM   
Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Gonna be added in for Da Big Babes, and if it ain't too ugly, maybe for the first rev of Babes Lite.

Sorry for my impatience, but when can I or (whe)expect the release of the Da Big Babes?

Greetings from the Netherlands

Jo van der Pluym
CrazyDutch

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 302
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/23/2010 5:03:39 PM   
JWE

Groeten van Amerika, Jo.

Da Big Bad Babes has got bigger and bigger. There are some very exciting code enhancements that we were allowed to do. This has a major effect on how things get defined. The enhancements must be absolutely transparent to stock scenario files, so the testing schedule has necessarily doubled.

Some of the major tweaks we are doing will not be recognized or implemented till the new code comes out, so that is a pacing item for DBBB. But when it hits town, it will really float your boat. Can’t really talk about some of the more fun AEaster Eggs just yet, but just as an example, submarines, with the split-tube configuration, can fire different numbers of torpedoes at different “types” of ships; they might shoot 6 at a CV, but only 2 at a merchie, and only one at a trawler, fx. Of course, the new algorithm reduces to ‘stock’, in the limit, so there will be no impact on ‘official’ scenarios.

The other eggs are still in major test mode, so things are still indeterminate. We want to get it right the first time, so a bit more patience will be required. However, that patience will be very well rewarded.

(in reply to Jo van der Pluym)
Post #: 303
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/23/2010 5:43:58 PM   
witpqs

Jeepers you're trying to imbue this mod with black-hole like gravity to pull in all AE players. Now I can't wait.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 304
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/23/2010 11:11:28 PM   
oldman45

You are just trying to get me into a PBEM game.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 305
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/30/2010 12:16:50 AM   
oldman45

Before I post in the main section, has anybody noticed a change in the carrier air groups. More specificly, when I looked at the dive bomber air groups of the starting US carriers, the VB squadrons no longer have the statement that they will change to 36 planes and the TB squagrons do not automaticly change to 15.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 306
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/30/2010 1:05:33 AM   
Gary D

I am seeing what you see on the airgroups, but am only to May1st so I do not know if it can be worked around just yet or if it would be wiser to take a timeout till until it gets corrected by the developers.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 307
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/30/2010 2:46:34 AM   
oldman45

Is it just the lite mod, or was it a patch and I didn't notice till today.

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 308
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/31/2010 12:54:19 AM   
Central Blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45

Before I post in the main section, has anybody noticed a change in the carrier air groups. More specificly, when I looked at the dive bomber air groups of the starting US carriers, the VB squadrons no longer have the statement that they will change to 36 planes and the TB squagrons do not automaticly change to 15.

I am in Mid May of the December 8 scenario, and the TP squadrons want 18 aircraft each, which I can't give them. For that matter, the Hornett still has SBC-4's. This is what happens if you don't lose any of your carriers.

I expect the change will come at the same time as the extra squadrons have to be disbanded.

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 309
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/31/2010 4:06:05 AM   
oldman45

Yea but there used to be a text that stated the VB squadron would expand to 36 and the tb sqd would go to 15. that is not there any more.

(in reply to Central Blue)
Post #: 310
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/31/2010 5:28:02 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldman45
Yea but there used to be a text that stated the VB squadron would expand to 36 and the tb sqd would go to 15. that is not there any more.

Oh, pooh ! There was a little burp during the patch-2 rush and a couple things got lost in the transition . This was one, and it is being corrected. Da Babes ports over all the air files (planes and groups), and so got caught up in this little blivet too. Will be fixed. Can't give time frame - don't know exactly. Will require restart to make it happen, though. Very sorry 'bout that .

Ciao, John.

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 311
RE: Da Babes Mod - 1/31/2010 7:29:00 PM   
JWE

In the meantime, here's something ya'll can use to address that issue for Da Babes Lite; airgroup files for scen026 and scen027 that have the carrier a/g resize working right.

There will be an update, and it will be soon, but we have to wait till everybody (land, map, nav, air) gets all their poopie together before we wrap it up into a package and port it over to Da Babes. It's almost as hard as herding cats. But Don and I both think what's important to us is that Da Babes "is" and remains right and tight.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 312
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/1/2010 11:18:35 AM   
scalp

Does that mean that this bug cant be fixed in the entire game? i ve started PBEM with DaBabes and we are in Jan 42,and i dont really want to stop it...I thought in lite mod you just added ships and didnt make any tweaks inside the game.

< Message edited by scalp -- 2/1/2010 11:21:50 AM >

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 313
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/1/2010 3:43:43 PM   
oldman45

Its not the end of the world, maybe with some creative squadron resizing it won't be too bad.

Thanks guys for the info.

< Message edited by oldman45 -- 2/1/2010 3:47:31 PM >

(in reply to scalp)
Post #: 314
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/3/2010 1:08:31 AM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osterhaut

quote:

ORIGINAL: scalp
Does that mean that this bug cant be fixed in the entire game? i ve started PBEM with DaBabes and we are in Jan 42,and i dont really want to stop it...I thought in lite mod you just added ships and didnt make any tweaks inside the game.

I am told the lite mod is ships and classes on top of scenario one. If scenario one is broken somewhere else from ships and classes then lite is broken too. if you know what is broken and why it is borken you do not have to do any thing if you do not want to because it is the same thing with scenario one and others.

MO

Hello Osterhaut

I having been playing against the AI with Lite and have encountered no issues so far ( through about March '42 ). Good job guys, thx.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Post #: 315
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/3/2010 10:59:03 PM   
Gary D

quote:

In the meantime, here's something ya'll can use to address that issue for Da Babes Lite; airgroup files for scen026 and scen027 that have the carrier a/g resize working right.

Thank you for the update gang, I needed one more cookie to get motivated to try out the submarine torpedo tube mod you all have done and this is it!

I really enjoy your mod, there is something about all these little unsung warriors running around that hits the spot with me.
Post #: 316
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/3/2010 11:34:31 PM   
jcjordan

A question on this mod, sorry if it's been asked, but is this the AE equivalent of WITP CHS/RHS?

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 317
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/4/2010 10:48:53 PM   
jcjordan

Thanks, RHS was a late offshoot of CHS put out by some of the old timers, many of whom probably did some of the data/oob work on AE or at least beta tested it.
Post #: 318
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/6/2010 4:46:01 AM   
Central Blue

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuman
Hello Osterhaut

I having been playing against the AI with Lite and have encountered no issues so far ( through about March '42 ). Good job guys, thx.

Hello stuman

I am so glad you are having fun, that is why we are doing this so you can have fun. I am glad you have no issues that feels very good. There is a broken thing with groups on aircraft carriers re-sizing. It is broken in the regular scenarios so it is too broken in the lite, but it will not stop you from having fun so just ignore it. There is going to be a big change on the lite soon, but it is not going to be so big that you can not go on having fun with your game i hope this will be the last change for the lite because I play too and do not like starting over for every little thing.

MO

So this project is still moving ahead? You can woof officially on this?

USS St. Louis firing on Guam, July 1944. The Cardinals and Browns faced each other in the World Series that year
Post #: 319
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/6/2010 6:37:20 PM   
drw61

This is good news! I'm very glad JWE will be back.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Central Blue

Yes. woof woof woof. There is much going on jwe calls it urban renewel and it will help the ASW like the submarine tubes help the submarines. And J will come here again when he goes out of jail he will just not go the forum, this is my mistake, so sorry.

MO

Post #: 320
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/6/2010 8:57:53 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

This is good news! I'm very glad JWE will be back.

quote:

quote:

Yes. woof woof woof. There is much going on jwe calls it urban renewel and it will help the ASW like the submarine tubes help the submarines. And J will come here again when he goes out of jail he will just not go the forum, this is my mistake, so sorry.

MO

Darn straight. Don't understand this ban at all to be honest. But oh well. Lite is fun, I am really looking forward to the " Heavy " version.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to drw61)
Post #: 321
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/6/2010 11:34:20 PM   
Central Blue

quote:

quote:

MO

Thank you. I just never know who is who, or who knows who. Sounds like you are helping out on the project.

I will keep an eye on this thread. I am really looking forward to seeing the changes in support and base build up -- which I gather is a big part of the mod.

Post #: 322
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/7/2010 6:11:02 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

Groeten van Amerika, Jo.

Da Big Bad Babes has got bigger and bigger. There are some very exciting code enhancements that we were allowed to do. This has a major effect on how things get defined. The enhancements must be absolutely transparent to stock scenario files, so the testing schedule has necessarily doubled.

Some of the major tweaks we are doing will not be recognized or implemented till the new code comes out, so that is a pacing item for DBBB. But when it hits town, it will really float your boat. Can’t really talk about some of the more fun AEaster Eggs just yet, but just as an example, submarines, with the split-tube configuration, can fire different numbers of torpedoes at different “types” of ships; they might shoot 6 at a CV, but only 2 at a merchie, and only one at a trawler, fx. Of course, the new algorithm reduces to ‘stock’, in the limit, so there will be no impact on ‘official’ scenarios.

The other eggs are still in major test mode, so things are still indeterminate. We want to get it right the first time, so a bit more patience will be required. However, that patience will be very well rewarded.

JWE -

am playing the "Lite Babes" now and loving it! My sincere thanks to you and your Team Members for a First Class product. I sincerely appreciate the time and effort you must be putting into this mod. Will wait patiently for as long as necessary for Big Brother to show!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 323
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/8/2010 6:00:20 PM   
Herrbear

Was the change in submarine loads changed in Da Babes?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 324
RE: Da Babes Mod - 2/9/2010 7:23:09 AM   
Buck Beach

Yes Brum, torpedo tubes were broken down into basicly groups of two so a sub wouldn't shoot his entire load at a single ship.

Here is the thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2347573

JWE has an attachment at or near the begining that will change things to this end (and give you instructions I believe). Many have tried it and like it and I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't make it to the main game with the next update.

(in reply to Herrbear)
Post #: 325
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI