Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Da Babes Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 2:19:03 PM   
Buck Beach

Hmmmm, so many new ships popping up in my searches got a strong feeling that you guys (Don & JWE) "Have been there and done that" for this mod.

I am really looking forward to this as the one I will be playing exclusively, and as such, won't get really buried into the game until it is on line. At the risk of sounding like those obnoxious Simpson kids with they're "Are we there yet? rant, I would like to know if you have some sort of down the road target date, month, year we might look forward to it. Obviously we are not looking at Patch 2 but I would like some feel to my wait.

My interest is for the purpose of me not spinning my wheels, cutting and pasting a ton of these "other than US " ships that I am now finding into a list of those puppies I will eventually add if not included. So, I beg your indulgence to my inquiry.

Oh, not giving up on searching for those here and there ships just those from the obvious sites.

< Message edited by Buck Beach -- 10/1/2009 2:22:49 PM >

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 31
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 4:52:11 PM   
JWE

I think one must be at least a Bishop to grant indulgences. That leaves us out. But, hey, indulge yourself anyway.

It'll be more in the month time frame. We, too, need to see how patch-2 matures, but that's about it. This is basically ship and class data, and we're making sure all the errors found in the AE-stock scenario are fixed in these as well. Should just be a simple drop-in.

If you find stuff, please make a list and send it over occasionally. We may well have missed things, and that way we know what you got and can compare notes. We'll strikethrough the ones we got, and either include the rest or explain why we didn't, and send the list back to you.

btw, it'll be in 2 versions; Dec. 7 start and Dec. 8 start. Ciao.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 32
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 5:09:09 PM   
Don Bowen

P.S. The hold up is mainly me. Been busier than Sin on Saturday night with other things and it's going to continue for a bit.

If anyone finds some interesting little tid bit, please do post it. We might know it, we might not...

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 33
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 6:49:24 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monter_Trismegistos
I meant corrected typos in names and deleted non existing ships...

Please send list. References in Russian are fine. Pm, or direct email is better than a post. I think you have my email. We'll do our best. Ciao.

(in reply to Monter_Trismegistos)
Post #: 34
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 6:50:50 PM   
Nomad

So this mod is not about replacing all the ship art work with LSTs sig banner and their friends?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 35
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 7:30:29 PM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

So this mod is not about replacing all the ship art work with LSTs sig banner and their friends?

We'd add that as a class of Misc. Auxiliary - if he'd just send us a picture without the text over.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 36
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 9:01:22 PM   
Splinterhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

...btw, it'll be in 2 versions; Dec. 7 start and Dec. 8 start. Ciao.

Great news, Thank You

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 37
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 9:30:28 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Splinterhead
quote:

Great news, Thank You

You are very welcome. I happen to be one of those non-compos, non-possibilimus, non-conspiritu-tuo, kinda folks that believe the war started out of the wreckage of the PH attack. I am a firm believer in a Dec. 8 start (with some tweaks in Malaya to make it happen). Any scen I am involved with, will have a Dec. 8 start alternative. Ciao.

(in reply to Splinterhead)
Post #: 38
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 9:56:17 PM   
Mike Solli

John, I prefer to start on 7 Dec 41.  That gives me an extra day to make my mistakes.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 39
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 10:20:20 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
John, I prefer to start on 7 Dec 41.  That gives me an extra day to make my mistakes.

It's gonna be either/or, Mike, or rather both. There will be 2 scens, Dec. 7 and Dec. 8. Ciao.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 40
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/1/2009 11:33:58 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Splinterhead
quote:

Great news, Thank You

You are very welcome. I happen to be one of those non-compos, non-possibilimus, non-conspiritu-tuo, kinda folks that believe the war started out of the wreckage of the PH attack. I am a firm believer in a Dec. 8 start (with some tweaks in Malaya to make it happen). Any scen I am involved with, will have a Dec. 8 start alternative. Ciao.

Sounds like you chanting a Catholic mass, just need to throw in a couple of dominos. NOTE NOT MEANT TO BE OFFENSIVE IN ANY WAY.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 41
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/2/2009 7:09:58 PM   
JWE

Oh poo. can't figure out how the show cyrillic characters. Damn! Oh well.

Note to Monter (or anyone else with helpful info). Got your email. Thanks a bunch. Yeah I had to giggle over the nonexistent boats, too. Will fix.

As to spelling: the the bitch is that bl and e-kratk’e behind the different consonants. I know the official transliteration of bl is ‘y’ and e-kratk’e is ‘i’ or ‘y’, but the combo makes a sound not easily represented in English. E-kratk’e is a weird phenome in English. Conways is all jumbled; sometimes the combo is written y, sometimes iy, sometimes yi. The combo sound, in English, is more like ‘iee’ (rising inflection), than ‘yee’, so I really don’t like the ‘yi’ transliterated spelling. Think a better representation is ‘iy’ altogether.

Have all the Projekt-7’s (Gnevniy’s), built at Dalzavod or Komsomolsk #3, dialed in (minus the 2 that went to Northern Fleet), but don’t have a handle on the Noviks that were assigned to Pacific Fleet (if any - think there were only 6 Noviks that survived the war and wonder if any were ever in Pac Flt). Would also like to know which of the Town class (if any) were schlepped off to the Pacific Fleet after July 1944. Help is appreciated.

< Message edited by JWE -- 10/2/2009 7:37:57 PM >

Post #: 42
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/3/2009 2:37:20 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

Hi. I can understand your problems with quite easy (for a Polish) endings such as ый (BTW Russian letters are 95% compatibile with Polish ones, while English to Polish has compatibility less than 50%). Much harder for me are your "yee-s" and "iee-s". Out of note, in Polish transliteration we write those as "-yj" (j spelled as in New York) so English "-yi" is much more familiar.

From 7 Noviks that survived the war, in Pacific Fleet were two: Stalin and Voikov. And apart form Baku which left Pacific Fleet in 1942, none of the other Town class ships changed fleet during WWII. That leaves only Baku and Tbilisi.

And I have a question - does method of implementation of Soviet Navy permits giving them arrival date and withdrawal date? Some of Pacific Gnevnyis were commisioned after Dec 7th, 1942, and few ships were transferred to Europe in mid 1942.

< Message edited by Monter_Trismegistos -- 10/3/2009 2:38:08 PM >

Nec Temere Nec Timide
Bez strachu ale z rozwagą

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 43
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/3/2009 5:30:10 PM   
JWE

quote:

Hi. I can understand your problems with quite easy (for a Polish) endings such as ûé (BTW Russian letters are 95% compatibile with Polish ones, while English to Polish has compatibility less than 50%). Much harder for me are your "yee-s" and "iee-s". Out of note, in Polish transliteration we write those as "-yj" (j spelled as in New York) so English "-yi" is much more familiar.

From 7 Noviks that survived the war, in Pacific Fleet were two: Stalin and Voikov. And apart form Baku which left Pacific Fleet in 1942, none of the other Town class ships changed fleet during WWII. That leaves only Baku and Tbilisi.

And I have a question - does method of implementation of Soviet Navy permits giving them arrival date and withdrawal date? Some of Pacific Gnevnyis were commisioned after Dec 7th, 1942, and few ships were transferred to Europe in mid 1942.

Gosh, I wish I knew how to get Cyrillic characters to post. It would make things so much easier.

I like your Polish transliteration; notice that Uboats.net uses the same. So what I’ll do is write ûé as yj and write èé as ij. I rather like that, it adds a bit of a Euro touch and avoids too much Anglo-centricism.

[edit] Oh bloody hell - ok, û is (bl), é is e-kratke, and è is just e - I hate not being able to post characters.

Yes. Sov ships can have arrival and withdrawal dates; so Rezkij can show up (in data) at Dalzavod #202 on 07/31/42. She won’t show up in port, unless Sovs are activated, but she will enter the data stream. Likewise, Razumnyj and Razyaryennyj will withdraw (disappear in data) on the appropriate date (I think – not exactly sure, but will check).

Understand about Tbilisi and Baku. Was actually looking for stuff on the US Wickes DDs, that the Brits called Towns and transferred to the Sovs; believe the Sovs called them Zguchij class. But was wandering through navsource.narod.ru and saw they all went to the Kola Squadron, so that’s not a wonder anymore.

Anyhow, ciao, and thanks for the help. John

< Message edited by JWE -- 10/3/2009 5:35:30 PM >

Post #: 44
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/3/2009 11:32:05 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

Your date for Rezkij is correct or guesstimate? Site www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?language=E&period=&idtrida=320 gives 08/16/42 as commissioning date.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 45
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/3/2009 11:50:35 PM   
JWE

quote:

Your date for Rezkij is correct or guesstimate? Site www.warshipsww2.eu/lode.php?language=E&period=&idtrida=320 gives 08/16/42 as commissioning date.

Heck, I don't know. Got mine from a couple Russian sites. I don't really care what the real date is. You want to flip a coin?

http://navsource.narod.ru/photos/03/288/index.html has Rezkij entering service July 31, '42. That's only a couple weeks difference, we could split the difference and call it 8/8/42? Or flip a coin.

< Message edited by JWE -- 10/4/2009 4:33:31 PM >

Post #: 46
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/7/2009 5:31:53 PM   
JWE

Found some fun Alaska USAT stuff. Actually found the David W. Branch (as Santa Olivia), so here it is, along with a Yukon/Haleakala cross that also works for the Baranof.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 47
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/7/2009 7:09:55 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

So, JWE... how many Soviet warships (by class) do you have in da mod?

Nec Temere Nec Timide

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 48
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/7/2009 7:10:24 PM   
Monter_Trismegistos

del

Nec Temere Nec Timide

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 49
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/7/2009 7:51:32 PM   
JWE

quote:

So, JWE... how many Soviet warships (by class) do you have in da mod?

Basically;
CAs: Kirov, Kaganovich
DD Leaders: Baku, Tbilisi (working on how to handle the withdrawal)
DD-Genvnyjs: Ryanyj, Rastoropnyj, Rezvyj, Retivyj, Reshitelnyj, Revnostnyj, Redkij, Rekordnyj, Rezkij, Raziashchij, (not exactly sure how to handle Razumnyj, Razyaryonnyj, but working on it).
DD-Noviks: Stalin, Voikov
AM-Fugas/Tral: Strela, Cheka, Tros, Provodnik, Podsekatyel, Paravan, Vekha, Kapsul

[edit] and maybe 8 or so of the BO2-type SCs

< Message edited by JWE -- 10/8/2009 3:39:07 PM >

Post #: 50
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 12:14:47 AM   
JWE

Well, just a heads-up as to where we are.

So far, les bebes have just about every single boat in the RAN, RNZN, RIN, RCN, HMLAS, FFL, and STF; have darn near all of USN and RN to March, 1946. I mean, we gots the HMNZS Viti, and the HMAS Pulganbar, and the HMIS Hindustan, and stuff I never knew existed till Don told me so. There is so much stuff in there, it will make a Buddhist raise his robes and dance a Cuban Fandango.

All we're dinking with now, is the teensy fleets for RCN, RN and USN. Little guys like HMCS Moolock, and the like, and a poopload of HDMLs.

Lookin sweet and very hot.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 51
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 12:28:14 AM   
Don Bowen

Speaking of which, does anyone have any data on coastal tankers in the Philippines? Not Hai Kwan or La Estrella Caltex, which were chartered to the army and appear in the list of official vessels, but merchant tankers not taken over by the military.

Same question for Burma and India. Hell, might as well ask about Australia and New Zealand too!

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 52
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 11:15:57 AM   
rattovolante

just out of curiosity, will you include non-japanese axis ships?
I guess the long-range SSTs and blockade runners (and anything that should have an out-of-map mission objective) are outside the scope of the game, but what about the ships and subs stationed "on map", for example the German and Italian ships that were in japanese-controlled ports when war broke out?

< Message edited by rattovolante -- 10/15/2009 11:17:11 AM >

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 53
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 11:38:05 AM   
Terminus

They'd still be Japanese.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to rattovolante)
Post #: 54
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 1:15:45 PM   
AW1Steve

I am VERY disappointed with this thread! From the title , I thought it would be how to replace "the morale art" with racer ww2 type pin-ups!

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 55
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/15/2009 9:45:58 PM   
rattovolante

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

They'd still be Japanese.

Yep I supposed that - I know that new nationalities can't be added, so I guess stock's approach to "other axis" can be followed (i.e. Thailand, Manchukuo and Nanking China are already IJA in-game - ships would be IJN I guess). What I wondered was will they be in?

I guess they wouldn't be very useful (most were transports, liners and submarine tenders, only a couple of very small warships, I guess they'd be PG and AMc in game terms), but they might fall within the scope of the mod.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 56
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/16/2009 12:00:54 AM   
JWE

Nope.

(in reply to rattovolante)
Post #: 57
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/16/2009 4:17:23 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Speaking of which, does anyone have any data on coastal tankers in the Philippines? Not Hai Kwan or La Estrella Caltex, which were chartered to the army and appear in the list of official vessels, but merchant tankers not taken over by the military.

Same question for Burma and India. Hell, might as well ask about Australia and New Zealand too!

Don, the pdf file at www.uscg.mil/History/webcutters/Onondaga_WPG_79. contains over 25 ships in Alaskan waters not in scenario 6. I can't imagine you don't already have these so I won't list them in an email to JWE, unless you request it.

I have been hunting and pecking for da babes in the areas you requested but they are as scarce as hen's teeth.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 58
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/16/2009 6:41:42 AM   
Don Bowen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don Bowen

Don, the pdf file at www.uscg.mil/History/webcutters/Onondaga_WPG_79. contains over 25 ships in Alaskan waters not in scenario 6. I can't imagine you don't already have these so I won't list them in an email to JWE, unless you request it.

I have been hunting and pecking for da babes in the areas you requested but they are as scarce as hen's teeth.

We do seem to have most of them. One or two are outside the bounds - Northwestern was a station ship and I think I recongnized a tug. Will check the list.

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 59
RE: Da Babes Mod - 10/16/2009 10:38:47 PM   
Likendeeler

Most of them were later sold, renamed and became officially japanese.
And almost all of them shared the fate of most japanese merchants and got sunk.
Mostly large cargo ships but also oilers, tenders.
Teikai Maru (Fulda), Teiryu Maru (Augsburg), Teishu Maru (Quito), Teikon Maru (Winnetou) and many more.
If you want to include ships captured by Japan what´s the reason not to include ships purchased by Japan during the war? Not talking about the numerous french ships "taken over" from Vichy.
They are so many it really matters.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Da Babes Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI