Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editor Question--Rivers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Editor Question--Rivers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 1:35:39 PM   
Eirhead

Been playing with the editor for a while but this is my first attempt at a full game.
Trying my hand at a Market-Garden scenerio and was wondering the best way to stop tanks/trucks crossing rivers without bridges.
Should I line rivers with swamp hexes? Create "new" river terrain? or is there a way to increase the movement cost over the default river hexes?
I was thinking of not using production,only reinforcements with engineers for the allies after a few turns.
Maybe MG isn't the best battle to use, with para drops, supply issues, and river/bridge problems so any advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Post #: 1
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 1:42:11 PM   
Tufkal2

You can set the cost to cross unbridged rivers separately for all SFTypes (under River -> River Types -> Move-over-penalties ). So it is straightforward to set this to 9999 for armour so armor will not be able to cross. I think you will additionally make sure that also land and strategic transfer will not allow tanks to be transported over bridges in order to avoid this, too (or maybe disallow transfer over bridges altogether).
Sounds like a challenging and interesting setup.
Good luck modding.

(in reply to Eirhead)
Post #: 2
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 2:36:22 PM   
Eirhead

Yeah,I may have bitten off more than I can chew (like Monty)but it should give me a good work out with the finer points of the editor.
Thanks for the advice with the Strat. transfers,I don't use them much when I play, so I hadn't thought of that.

(in reply to Tufkal2)
Post #: 3
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 3:13:17 PM   
Eirhead

When I go to River> River type> Move Penalties, I can see the move cost but can't change it.
Doesn't seem to be an option for that,what am I doing wrong?
Would it be easier to create new river and canal sprites with new movement penalties?

(in reply to Eirhead)
Post #: 4
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 3:25:15 PM   
british exil

Eirhead maybe a bridge too far??

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Eirhead)
Post #: 5
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 3:25:38 PM   
Tufkal2

You need to disconnect the masterfile first which is explained e.g. here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1612132&mpage=1&key=Masterfile%2CFill%2Cfunction&#1612132

I also recommend to check out the excellent scenario creation docs on the Advanced Tactics website in case you have not done so yet.

(in reply to Eirhead)
Post #: 6
RE: Editor Question--Rivers - 9/27/2009 3:43:29 PM   
Eirhead

Wow that was easy once I knew what to do,thought I'd tried everything,didn't know about the masterfile.
Thanks Lunaticus,I'm flipping back between editor & forum,I've read some of the docs but also trial & (mostly) error.

(in reply to Tufkal2)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Editor Question--Rivers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI