Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions for a tedious UI

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Suggestions for a tedious UI Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions for a tedious UI - 10/14/2009 4:25:50 PM   
willgamer

The User Interface demands many more clicks than necessary to accomplish basic tasks.

Here's a couple of examples, with suggested improvements.

1. The deploy new units screen requires that you click the unit, the click again to deploy. This second click is totally un-needed. Eliminate that button and immediately deploy the unit.

This screen also allows only one unit at a time to be deployed. I suggest that using the Window's style ctrl+click to select multiple units, then deploy to as many valid deployment hexes as possible, contiguous to the target hex.

2. Rotating damaged fleet units in and out is crazy making!

When one or more units are selected with the intent of creating a new fleet to move (typically back to port for repair, but could be anywhere), enable the MOVE button to both move the units and automatically create a new fleet. There is no need for a separate create new fleet step.

Create a join fleet button as an alternative to the move fleet button. Join fleet would cause the selection box for the fleets in the targeted sea zone to pop up avoiding the need to move fleets in one step, then transfer them in another.

As in suggestion #1 above, allow multiple new ships to be selected via ctrl-click for deployment to the same port.

I'm hopeful these could be considered as UI changes typically do not require the same degree of programming that AI or rule changes do.

Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions for a tedious UI - 10/14/2009 8:44:48 PM   
LuckyJim1005

I would like to see the Air Strike thing change a little as well. Something like the selected unit remains selected after the first bomb run.

Be real cool if you could implement a variation of the old system. Sometimes I want to hit a particular unit with every bomb unit in range.

So when I click the enemy unit I can use the old 'Bomb this unit' button but the display shows the closest bomber units and then cycles through them every time I click the button.

make sense ?

(in reply to willgamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Time of Wrath >> Suggestions for a tedious UI Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI