Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/6/2009 9:28:48 PM   
Wade1000

From another thread:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

M3 fell flat on its face. BoTF wasn't much better, if at all, from M2.

Doesn't make much sense to have colony ships that can be intercepted and destroyed while populations moving between planets can't be.

The best way mentioned here in my opinion is to have population migration as an automatic background function, maybe with setting priority planets. This function can then automatically create population transport ships which can be intercepted and destroyed (like automatic trade ships in Sins).
Best of both worlds.

That sounds perfect. Great idea. Thanks.
It seems so obvious to combine the two features like that yet no game like Armada 2526 has done it yet. I hope that Ntronium accepts the idea and can implement it. I will copy and paste this in the wish list thread.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 61
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/6/2009 10:19:05 PM   
CSSS

1. Turn based battles!!!!
2. Planet Gouveners.
3. Galactic map that cover the screen.
4. A Very large VERY diverse tech tree.
5. Custom ships.
6. The ability to name every thing.
7.Random events.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 62
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/6/2009 11:56:13 PM   
Aurelian

Technically, we already have #2 when we have the colony auto manage.

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 63
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 5:04:08 AM   
bssybeep

*ship design feature
*tactical combat module expanded

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 64
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 10:49:17 AM   
Iceman

quote:

The best way mentioned here in my opinion is to have population migration as an automatic background function, maybe with setting priority planets. This function can then automatically create population transport ships which can be intercepted and destroyed (like automatic trade ships in Sins).

Well, I don't want pop from Rich and Very Rich worlds to go to other places, because I'll be losing tax money - especially poor systems. I don't want pop from a system where I'm waiting for a new slot to open to go anywhere else. I don't want a system where I'm building Marines or Tanks or Arks to go under 10 pop.
Also, "automatically create population transports" doesn't mean anything. The transports have to be built. They'll take up a shipyard for quite a few turns. Those SYs might be busy with something else.

As good as it might sound, it's not that simple.

(in reply to bssybeep)
Post #: 65
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 11:03:11 AM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iceman

quote:

Well, I don't want pop from Rich and Very Rich worlds to go to other places, because I'll be losing tax money - especially poor systems. I don't want pop from a system where I'm waiting for a new slot to open to go anywhere else. I don't want a system where I'm building Marines or Tanks or Arks to go under 10 pop.
Also, "automatically create population transports" doesn't mean anything. The transports have to be built. They'll take up a shipyard for quite a few turns. Those SYs might be busy with something else.

Well, transports have to be build now. The way I imagine it is that transports dont require government shipyards to be built, because they are just simple civilian liners. Or maybe you should add new "Civilian shipyard" which would be cheap to build and maintain, so there is no problem. This way every planet will spawn transport ships and trade ships for internal empire trade (another suggestion - internal trade like in Sins, new building - "basic trade port"), which would then form convoys and inner empire traffic. You will have to protect this traffic from the enemies and also can attack enemy traffic convoys, which would then lose money or poulation. - would make game more interesting. In every good scifi there are lots of civilian convoys and trade ships and government duty is to protect them.

If you dont want your population to migrate somewhere or from somewhere, you will have the option to disable it in the planet population menu (forbid immigration, forbid emigration switches). What about that?

< Message edited by ShotmanMaslo -- 12/7/2009 11:08:32 AM >

It's Better To Burn Out Than To Fade Away...

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 66
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 11:29:18 AM   
Iceman

Yummy, replacing MM with MM! 

Seriously, I can't really comment because I think pop transport should be made harder, not easier. This makes planet Habitability almost an after thought. If systems had to grow by themselves, it'd be much more of a factor. Only situational pop transportation should be required IMO.

Oh, and ark ships are civilian ships too.   And another shipyard is another slot being taken up.

(in reply to ShotmanMaslo)
Post #: 67
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 12:33:54 PM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

Yummy, replacing MM with MM! 

Seriously, I can't really comment because I think pop transport should be made harder, not easier. This makes planet Habitability almost an after thought. If systems had to grow by themselves, it'd be much more of a factor. Only situational pop transportation should be required IMO.

Oh, and ark ships are civilian ships too.   And another shipyard is another slot being taken up.

It would be far less mm than whats it now, especially for large empires. Ark ships are big government ordered ships to colonoze new worlds, they need all infrastructure to build initial colony with them. This is not needed for many small civilian transport ships. One slot doesnt matter. Or we could made it that small civilian trade ships and liners dont need government shipyards at all. Thats for bigger ships and battleships.

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 68
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/7/2009 3:19:22 PM   
Grandpoobah

quote:

Well, transports have to be build now. The way I imagine it is that transports dont require government shipyards to be built, because they are just simple civilian liners. Or maybe you should add new "Civilian shipyard" which would be cheap to build and maintain, so there is no problem. This way every planet will spawn transport ships and trade ships for internal empire trade (another suggestion - internal trade like in Sins, new building - "basic trade port"), which would then form convoys and inner empire traffic. You will have to protect this traffic from the enemies and also can attack enemy traffic convoys, which would then lose money or poulation. - would make game more interesting. In every good scifi there are lots of civilian convoys and trade ships and government duty is to protect them.

If you dont want your population to migrate somewhere or from somewhere, you will have the option to disable it in the planet population menu (forbid immigration, forbid emigration switches). What about that?

I think you might have something here. Create a trade port structure. The basic trade port allows population migration. If you don't build one then nothing happens so you can control population migration. An advanced trade port acts like an internal version of a trade mission. Building one on a poor planet that is in the center of a cluster of your planets would help raise tax income by making that planet an internal trading center.

The decisions to build or not build becomes part of your strategic empire management decision process (a one time action on your part rather than recurring actions). This would reduce the micromanagement feel that I get now at having to balance population between planets.

This also gives you two new techs to research and until you do it is business as usual. The population management issue for me is more an end game annoyance so having it something that needs to be researched allows you to fix it before you enter the end game phase.

If you don't want the automation don't research it or build it.

You could even give the ability to research these techs XML tags and then you could have these techs as a racial features. Some races don't have the trade/migration features because of their culture.

Just a thought to try and strike some middle ground here.

Post #: 69
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 10:24:23 AM   
Iceman

Less MM? You have to build those civilian SYs in a bunch of systems. And more upkeep. And more pop to assign to it. You have to know how many transports you'll build in each - how do you do that BTW? Also, how do you control when you've built enough, if it's automatic? You''l have to check each system regularly to see if you have to check/uncheck the immigration switch.

(in reply to Grandpoobah)
Post #: 70
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 1:38:53 PM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

Less MM? You have to build those civilian SYs in a bunch of systems. And more upkeep. And more pop to assign to it. You have to know how many transports you'll build in each - how do you do that BTW? Also, how do you control when you've built enough, if it's automatic? You''l have to check each system regularly to see if you have to check/uncheck the immigration switch.

You have to build one SY in every system you colonize. Upkeep can be set to a minimum for such structure. Thats all. Just like transport/trade system in Sins. Why pop assignnig and transport building? I imagine the system to be automatic - AI will build automatic civilian transports when needed for free (cost included in SY upkeep), fill them up with emigrants and send them to their destinations, where they will dissappear. Civilian liners simulation. (+trade ships would be cool..)
Goverment today is not controlling all migration and movement of people, why should it in the future? Switches would be just in case you wanna block certain planet from emigration or immigration or control it yourself - they will be off by default and AI will handle all migration.

If one structure slot and upkeep is a problem, civilian liners can even be produced without them - say they are small simple and private ships, so they dont need big government SYs needed to build battleships or government issued colonisation Arks, just planet itself:)

< Message edited by ShotmanMaslo -- 12/8/2009 1:45:10 PM >

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 71
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 5:10:37 PM   
Iceman

Pop assignment because all srtuctures *need* pop to work. Transport building if you want them to be interceptable. You mean you want pop to disappear from the game and then reappear upon arrival? That might be hard to do...
Pop movement in space is kind of different I imagine...
What you really want to get rid of transports altogether it seems. It's not making any sense anymore if you ask me.

Post #: 72
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 8:10:42 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Let me try to redefine this, to see if I understand the intent. 

You can research a Trade Port Structure, with possible upgrades, it will be low cost with a medium upkeep.  The AI will build temporary transport ships here, probably one per turn if needed, to move population to another system with a Trade Port.  These will not cost you anything except pop and lost income while in transit.  They are actual ships that can be attacked, but disappear on arrival.  You will be able to set min/max population values at the Port, which the AI will use to determine migration.  Default values might be 15/50.  It will also build trade ships that create income on arriving at another Port.  Again, temporary and can be attacked.

Sounds cool, but I am guessing hard, maybe impossible, to implement in Armada. 

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 73
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 8:43:15 PM   
solops

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

I would like to have an optional "marathon" mode like in Civ IV that would greatly slow down research and production.

Yes!! I keep running out of techs to research. I'd also loke options like "No tech trading" during game set-up.

< Message edited by solops -- 12/8/2009 8:45:01 PM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 74
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/8/2009 8:43:58 PM   
solops

double post

< Message edited by solops -- 12/8/2009 8:44:38 PM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 75
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 12:49:40 AM   
Wade1000

This page 3 is golden with great population immigration and emmigration ideas. I hope that Ntronium can use them. Here is it all summarized.

-----

Wade1000
Matrix Trooper

From another thread:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

M3 fell flat on its face. BoTF wasn't much better, if at all, from M2.

Doesn't make much sense to have colony ships that can be intercepted and destroyed while populations moving between planets can't be.

Best of both worlds.

That sounds perfect. Great idea. Thanks.
It seems so obvious to combine the two features like that yet no game like Armada 2526 has done it yet. I hope that Ntronium accepts the idea and can implement it. I will copy and paste this in the wish list thread.

-----

ShotmanMaslo
Matrix Trooper

quote:

quote:

-----

Grandpoobah
Matrix Recruit

quote:

I think you might have something here. Create a trade port structure. The basic trade port allows population migration. If you don't build one then nothing happens so you can control population migration. An advanced trade port acts like an internal version of a trade mission. Building one on a poor planet that is in the center of a cluster of your planets would help raise tax income by making that planet an internal trading center.

The decisions to build or not build becomes part of your strategic empire management decision process (a one time action on your part rather than recurring actions). This would reduce the micromanagement feel that I get now at having to balance population between planets.

This also gives you two new techs to research and until you do it is business as usual. The population management issue for me is more an end game annoyance so having it something that needs to be researched allows you to fix it before you enter the end game phase.

If you don't want the automation don't research it or build it.

You could even give the ability to research these techs XML tags and then you could have these techs as a racial features. Some races don't have the trade/migration features because of their culture.

Just a thought to try and strike some middle ground here.

-----

ShotmanMaslo
Matrix Trooper

quote:

You have to build one SY in every system you colonize. Upkeep can be set to a minimum for such structure. Thats all. Just like transport/trade system in Sins. Why pop assignnig and transport building? I imagine the system to be automatic - AI will build automatic civilian transports when needed for free (cost included in SY upkeep), fill them up with emigrants and send them to their destinations, where they will dissappear. Civilian liners simulation. (+trade ships would be cool..)
Goverment today is not controlling all migration and movement of people, why should it in the future? Switches would be just in case you wanna block certain planet from emigration or immigration or control it yourself - they will be off by default and AI will handle all migration.

If one structure slot and upkeep is a problem, civilian liners can even be produced without them - say they are small simple and private ships, so they dont need big government SYs needed to build battleships or government issued colonisation Arks, just planet itself:)

-----

Andrew Loveridge
Matrix Games Staff

Let me try to redefine this, to see if I understand the intent.

You can research a Trade Port Structure, with possible upgrades, it will be low cost with a medium upkeep. The AI will build temporary transport ships here, probably one per turn if needed, to move population to another system with a Trade Port. These will not cost you anything except pop and lost income while in transit. They are actual ships that can be attacked, but disappear on arrival. You will be able to set min/max population values at the Port, which the AI will use to determine migration. Default values might be 15/50. It will also build trade ships that create income on arriving at another Port. Again, temporary and can be attacked.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 12/10/2009 12:51:34 AM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 76
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 1:58:07 AM   
Grandpoobah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

I'd be surprised if it was. You already have the basic function in the game, the shuttle.

The trade port structure might invoke a function that allows you to set some parameters for the shuttle it creates.

The new function might work by clicking on a port structure that opens a window where you set a max population number then allocate some transports to it. The new function would then use these transports to set up shuttles to move any population that exceeds the max population number that you set. It would choose the planets that it thinks could use population. The fact that it might not make the most efficient choices is in keeping with the other bureaucratic empire feelings in the game. Bureaucracy is hardly ever efficient.

The transports that uses the shuttle feature already appear on the map so nothing new required here. The shuttles can already be intercepted and attacked. Again nothing new is required for that.

If all the transports that are assigned get destroyed, the port structure issues a message that indicates no transports. You'll need to add a new message here.

If the population falls below the max number the port function just cancels the shuttle and if it raises above the max number, it starts the shuttle up again.

The important thing is that population management becomes a set and forget type of function and not a constant recurring item that takes time every turn.

I don't say it will be quick to put in but it should not be impossible to add.

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 77
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 3:40:25 PM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grandpoobah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

I'd be surprised if it was. You already have the basic function in the game, the shuttle.

The trade port structure might invoke a function that allows you to set some parameters for the shuttle it creates.

The new function might work by clicking on a port structure that opens a window where you set a max population number then allocate some transports to it. The new function would then use these transports to set up shuttles to move any population that exceeds the max population number that you set. It would choose the planets that it thinks could use population. The fact that it might not make the most efficient choices is in keeping with the other bureaucratic empire feelings in the game. Bureaucracy is hardly ever efficient.

The transports that uses the shuttle feature already appear on the map so nothing new required here. The shuttles can already be intercepted and attacked. Again nothing new is required for that.

If all the transports that are assigned get destroyed, the port structure issues a message that indicates no transports. You'll need to add a new message here.

If the population falls below the max number the port function just cancels the shuttle and if it raises above the max number, it starts the shuttle up again.

The important thing is that population management becomes a set and forget type of function and not a constant recurring item that takes time every turn.

I don't say it will be quick to put in but it should not be impossible to add.

Yes, thats the way I imagine it. I would also remove the population transport ship assigning and population allocating, and let the AI handle free shuttle creation without it (shuttle cost included in the port upkeep), so there would be no need for transport building, no transport message and another MM. But it would be good even as you said it.

(in reply to Grandpoobah)
Post #: 78
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 8:51:48 PM   
Iceman

Population is the main asset in the game. If you don't *have* to manage it, then I don't know what exactly you think *should* be managed in the game. After all, it's supposed to be a 4X game, managing resources is one of the staples in the genre...

BTW, Transport ships are not just about transporting population. I use them to transport Light Missiles too, from Rich and Very Rich systems (where they're cheaper to build) to other systems.
So I wouldn't really want the current system to change - at least significantly, in a way that it would subvert this other face of transports.

Post #: 79
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 8:58:07 PM   
Wade1000

More for wish list:

I believe that the vast, forum-silent majority do not mod or use mods and they do not want to. They, like me, would rather wait for official updates while continuing to try a game or while playing other games. I wish there was not such a focus by developers towards us to mod games. It only discourages the mentioned majority players.

I have seen this on other game forums also and it is usually only about 5 to 10 players that often talk about modding.

Though, I do appreciate that modding is available to those that like it.

(in reply to Iceman)
Post #: 80
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 9:10:32 PM   
Gertjan

quote:

I like how Armada 2526 strives to reduce micro management

I would like to second this! Please don't add any complicated tactical combat or ship design. Keep the focus on grand strategy. Perhaps add some mega/random events to keep the game different each time (of course with the possiblity to disable them)

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 81
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/10/2009 11:56:07 PM   
Aurelian

As much as I like designing my own ships, and it would be nice, it is not necessary. Nor is it fatal.

More ship types though would be welcome.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 82
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/11/2009 5:36:33 AM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

quote:

I like how Armada 2526 strives to reduce micro management

I would like to second this! Please don't add any complicated tactical combat or ship design. Keep the focus on grand strategy. Perhaps add some mega/random events to keep the game different each time (of course with the possiblity to disable them)

I disagree. By "micromanagement", most people mean that boring kind of excelish internal empire MM. (economy, population...). More possibilities in tactical and strategic combat and ship design would be great IMO, thats the fun part. At last, this game is called "Armada", not another "Galactic Civilization". :)
And I second the events suggestion.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 83
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/11/2009 9:15:26 AM   
Gertjan

quote:

By "micromanagement", most people mean that boring kind of excelish internal empire MM. (economy, population...). More possibilities in tactical and strategic combat and ship design would be great IMO, thats the fun part.

I would respectfully disagree with you. I also don't like to change sliders every turn in the economy screen (like galciv2), but neither do I like to redesign ships every turn once I get an upgrade for weapons or whatever. Tactical ship combat should not be deciding factor in the game, I believe that where and when you send your ships and how you compose your fleets should make the difference, and not how you operate them during battles. I would leave that to the able captains/generals in the fleets ;).

I second the suggestion to have more pre-designed ship types.

Post #: 84
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/11/2009 10:33:09 AM   
ShotmanMaslo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

quote:

By "micromanagement", most people mean that boring kind of excelish internal empire MM. (economy, population...). More possibilities in tactical and strategic combat and ship design would be great IMO, thats the fun part.

I would respectfully disagree with you. I also don't like to change sliders every turn in the economy screen (like galciv2), but neither do I like to redesign ships every turn once I get an upgrade for weapons or whatever. Tactical ship combat should not be deciding factor in the game, I believe that where and when you send your ships and how you compose your fleets should make the difference, and not how you operate them during battles. I would leave that to the able captains/generals in the fleets ;).

I second the suggestion to have more pre-designed ship types.

I agree that deciding factor should definately be strategic (where and when you send your ships and how you compose your fleets), not tactical combat, thats why I suggested more features in strategic warfare too.
The ship design can be made a bit automatic (autoupgrade existing design button, if only module upgrades are needed), so only MM would be actually strategic designing of ship types advantageous against your opponent. But if that cant be done, I would be satisfied even with more predesigned ship types (and new special purpose ships, which will enhance the strategic aspect), so I third that suggestion.

I just think this game should be more warfare oriented, with deeper strategic (not only tactical combat) possibilities. And not babysitting civilians.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 85
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/11/2009 12:05:41 PM   
Starfry

I like to see planets that revolt have some moderate effect on your empire.  If a planet revolts, few of the empire ships are captured by the traitors and a low number of empire troops disappear as their equipment are smuggled away to enforce their planet.

Since we have some minor empires in-game, how about having some unique empires with different victory conditions for planets that broke away.  It will be interesting to see a rebel Teye planet take on a philosophy that everything not Teyes is is food.

Post #: 86
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/12/2009 5:07:17 AM   
mullinFOAD

tcp/ip support

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 87
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/12/2009 2:33:36 PM   
Grimwold

After 10 or so games here are some thoughts:

1)  Population...only thing that bothers is me is you can make the planet a paradise and the people will revolt.  I find myself making "Hell Planets" to lower the population and weirdly increase revenue to resolve that problem.  Seems counter intuitive.

B)  Doesn't need custom designed ships because then the AI programing needs to be able to have custom designed ships by default and then the AI will have to know how to use them.  Sounds a bit much and if I want that I will load up SE4 Gold.  Instead......

3)  ...vastly increase the Tech Research Fields and options.  The tech should have fields that modify the base stats of the ship.  For example say in the Defense Field there is a category called, ohhh Shielding Improvements, with various levels of it.  Say each successful level researched in Shield Improvements gains ALL your ships +5%/+10%/whaterever% to their defense stat.  You can thus build more offensive or more defense ships depending on your style and situation in the game.  I am sure everyone can come up with ideas for this on each and every Tech Field.  If the programing is possible you could have two defense stats:  Missile Defense and Beam Defense, thus having more possible Techs in the game and could make beam weapons more on par with the missiles.

Then you can have some technologies only open up if you built the Nexus research building....or the one you can only have one of in your empire that has the enhanced research in the one field.  Have techs in each field you can only get to if you have it's Nexus. 

4) More planetary system differences.  In line with the Asteroid Fields and Oort Clouds.  How about "Rare Gas" or "Super Proteins" or the like?  Each can have their own structures and maybe upgrades and somehow act like the resources in Civ4 by giving an empire wide enhancement.

5)  Planetary buildings.....I think some of structures can be added or modified for more interesting play.  The colonist workshop that evolves into Tech Center is an example of a mod:  I think each increase in the size of the industrial structure should require population.  You need more workers in the bigger industries for example.  Silly having those Tech Centers on 1 population planets.  The same can be said for the Shipyards/Mining Complexes also. 

You can have addon building to each structure once it reaches it max level, each that also requires population.  Say once you get an Orbital Shipyard you can build the "Space Elevator" that reduces the cost of ships by 10% or speeds up production a turn or whatever.  This in combination with Grandpoobah's most excellent ship/troop manning mod would make population something you actually might want to grow a bit faster.

Thanks for your time! 

(in reply to mullinFOAD)
Post #: 88
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/12/2009 5:52:05 PM   
shinobu

I would definitely like some sort of custom race editor, in order to customized not only my own race, but my opponents.

(in reply to Grimwold)
Post #: 89
RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the... - 12/15/2009 9:05:57 PM   
hightimes

Figure I'll throw in my feedback while I wait for someone to answer my noobish starting position question (in scenario design and modding section).

Here are my suggestions (keeping my mind I have only played long enough to experience the interesting effects of bureaucracy on a large empire).
those with a * are more fanciful ideas, may not be possible to implement I'm not sure.

-Trading: Would require the techs and spacecraft to be built, could have interesting effects (such as bringing a "poor" class but well located system up to a normal or rich through trading) or simply monetary gains. Also to trade with other races with limited trade routes, ala GC3. this could include specific new buildings

-Razing/looting a conquered planet: this goes towards the bureaucracy issue. what if we just want to capture, trash, and move on? this may already be an option (with plagues, nanobots) I'm not sure, I haven't invaded a planet yet- however I see no way to destroy any of my current owned systems/stations (and I have definitely tried, would also be great for creating a "moat" of emptiness around owned systems and dealing with over-expansion).

*Capital class starships- each planet can only construct one (fully upgraded shipyard needed) with huge costs and maintenance- could be upgraded to add RPG qualities, increase stats of nearby ships, etc. etc.

*Space Marines- marines you build and load onto specially made transports, used to attack and (possibly) takeover larger ships -and- stations. also upgradeable inner ship security to deal with Marines. Could also quell unrest in space stations.

*better space stations: possible to upgrade space stations to have a specific function (re supply with increased range, trade stations, mining stations, shipyard stations, tactical warfare stations, outposts etc etc. and more slots to build after specializing.

*ethics/reputation: not sure how this is implemented now, but a well thought out ethics system could do wonders. (imagine having choices such as: do I raze and loot the newly conquered planet, try to assimilate them, or allow them all to leave peacefully, leaving me to start from scratch (this affecting reputation for all or just the race concerned)

I also second the great Idea of Naval yards, and a high maintenance cost for ships out of dock.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Armada 2526 Series >> RE: Armada 2526:updates,expansions,and sequels.Tell the company your wish list. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI