Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/16/2000 10:58:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Does make you lose track of time, doesn't it? The elections were two weeks ago, but we may have to do it all over again anyway. But let's not open that can of worms here! It would be funny if not so sad. Glad you are enjoying it.We call this the "Twilight Zone of wargaming" Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 61
- 11/16/2000 11:40:00 PM   
mogami

AH what a life too bad its so short, my computer, my beer, my sheep, eh er my online buddys who take the time in a busy schedule to vist me and send me little messages painted on pretty projectiles. I might never have known what a"Ram Badger" or a "Crocidile" looked like if a friend had not brought one by to show me. Did you know you can complety relandscape 5 square miles in just a few hours and never even pick up a shovel? Oh well I have to run I think a pal wants to vist. ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 62
- 11/16/2000 11:51:00 PM   
Britvojnik

I wish to add my thanks and gratitude for all your work. I have made disks and given them to friends who also have had their lives brightened by this game. The ability to play online is sooooo awesome. I never want to waste my time playing the computer again. thanx Britvojnik

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 63
- 11/17/2000 4:36:00 AM   
ruxius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wild Bill: [B]Ruxius, A woman understanding our love for wargames is like us understanding her love for shoes. :-)))))))) all right ...I'm going to become a shoes-freestyling-customer ... even if I should try to play SPWAW onto my bed and try to feel 'warm' (maybe sweeping in fire !) at least I think you are right..just keeping things (ehm sorry..I mean "shoes" :-)) ) in the right order...I will try to remember ..thanks a lot !! :-))

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 64
- 11/17/2000 6:45:00 AM   
Greg McCarty

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: So fellow wargamers, through these months of anticipation, frustration, bug searches and fixes, moans and shouts of joy, I gotta ask you... Are we having fun or what? That is what gaming is all about! Wild Bill
HooRah! My scenario "Into the Breach" which I first built 4 years ago is almost ready for SPwaw. Just a few more tweaks. Having "more fun than a human being should be allowed to have." Greg. ------------------ Greg. 37 mill AA... can suddenly ruin your day.

Greg.

It is better to die on your feet
than to live on your knees.

--Zapata

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 65
- 11/17/2000 11:54:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Bring it on, Greg. We're ready for it. Congratulations!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 66
- 11/18/2000 10:17:00 AM   
Randy

The only bad part of this game is that after midnight I realise I have go to bed so I can go to work the next day! Great work WB!! Semper Fi Randy

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 67
- 11/18/2000 6:48:00 PM   
Pack Rat

I've noticed this thread for a while, only now getting away from SPWAW to reply, is that enough said? My only disappointment is with my not being able to get programers interested enough in making some utilities for making a human player campaign, maybe in time. Matrix teams you astound me and I'm not that easy to astound !! ------------------ "Sex, it's natures way of loving you" Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 68
- 11/18/2000 9:25:00 PM   
Mark_Ezra

I'm having a ball....I REALLY missed the Long campaign feature. While I PBEM CM I constantly play SPWAW. The reason is simple. SPWAW offers so much variety! I can't think of a single game that allows me to play the years, countries, terrain that SPWAW does. Combat Resoultion is on par with CM...the accuracy and feel is terrific. The sounds and music are outstanding. The wait was worth it. Mark Ezra

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 69
- 11/18/2000 9:29:00 PM   
BruceAZ

LOL. Ya, great fun when I am playing and kicking the Japs off Tarawa but you ought to see me tear my hair out when designing a $%#@ scenario! It's a great game. Thanks to you and all the other veterans. Your efforts are appreciated.
quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: So fellow wargamers, through these months of anticipation, frustration, bug searches and fixes, moans and shouts of joy, I gotta ask you... Are we having fun or what? That is what gaming is all about! Wild Bill

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 70
- 11/19/2000 10:59:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Glad you are having fun. I think Mark really is on the mark. Perhaps the greatest feature of the SP series, and in particular, SPWAW, is it versatility. You can do so much editing in the game, so many preference settings, so many ways to create your own special units with their peculiar settings. I don't know of another wargame out there anywhere that gives you this leeway, and I've been involved with a bunch of them. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI