Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Supply Consumption...be warned

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Supply Consumption...be warned Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Supply Consumption...be warned - 12/19/2009 12:19:03 AM   
DivePac88

Yep same here, in all 3 of My PBEM games (post patch 2) the supply is literally drying up in the Chinese Cities!

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to racndoc)
Post #: 31
RE: Supply Consumption...be warned - 12/19/2009 12:25:08 AM   
Smeulders

Check the LCUs. Changes were made that units will pull in more supplies, so that would of course lead to less being stockpiled in the bases.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 32
RE: Supply Consumption...be warned - 12/19/2009 12:34:16 AM   
vaned74

Supplies do go to the LCUs.  That is where post patch a number of supplies went to - so if you noticed pre patch 2 that you had major supply stocks in cities and post patch 2 they were lower, they really got distributed to your units.  This part of the supply distribution was never working well prior to patch 2.  Now most of my units appear to draw supply.  Good.

At the same time, the supply movement algorithms appear to have been changed in such a way that as Bill (Spruance) and others are pointing out, supply is being wasted from excessive movement or some overflow of 999,999 in certain locations.  Same thing on the overflow for resource and oil.  Supply can roughly be worked around by using the request supply buttons at various bases, but, it still seems to suck supply from any base without the arrows set manually and having any excess and the same problem ultimately arises again.  Lots of wastage.  Resources and oil - that's another story - nothing can be done about that other than lots of wasted shipping trying to fight the inevitable quartermaster corps movements.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 33
RE: Supply Consumption...be warned - 12/19/2009 12:43:08 AM   
DivePac88

Nope not that, from what I can gleam from WitpTracker the Supplies are being produced. But are for some reason being sucked out of the Cities, and disappearing somewhere in the complications network. Now I am not a complainer, and don't rundown this game down normally. But this is a show stopper, and I have, or are in the process of suspending all My games. The calculations that I have done show that in all my PBEM game; the supply in the Chinese Cities will disappear completely in between 3-6 turns!

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Supply Consumption...be warned Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI