Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Turn 104 update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 104 update Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Turn 104 update - 4/28/2010 1:41:56 PM   
pionier

At all, itis no problem with your replacement rates.

Why there are german Divisions in the north of Leningrad? Do you play with different Houserules than in vanilla? Only one german division may attack out of southern finnland at any time. This restriction lasts till Leningrad falls.

I just wonder.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 331
RE: Turn 104 update - 4/28/2010 2:39:54 PM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: pionier

At all, itis no problem with your replacement rates.

Why there are german Divisions in the north of Leningrad? Do you play with different Houserules than in vanilla? Only one german division may attack out of southern finnland at any time. This restriction lasts till Leningrad falls.

I just wonder.

Two divisions actually. I can see at least three. But I think the Axis needs all the help he can get.

< Message edited by Panama -- 4/28/2010 2:41:17 PM >

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 332
Turn 105 - 4/28/2010 6:03:42 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Oops. I missed that house rule when I was reviewing the house rules. Drat. I wonder what Dave says about our situation since I shipped those German divisions into the Leningrad area from Murmansk and just south of Murmansk and have shipped no new German divisions into Finland. I'll have to ask Dave what he wants to do about this situation. Maybe he'll want to start over. LOL.

Oh, and by the way, I finally finished Axis turn 105 and posted the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2ztjotynm1e/DAHD FITE game turn 105 AAR forum copy.html

I'm still doing mop-up where Dave pulled back so the bulge will be sanitized.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 4/28/2010 6:14:37 PM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 333
RE: Turn 105 - 4/28/2010 6:21:47 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

Oops. I missed that house rule when I was reviewing the house rules. Drat. I wonder what Dave says about our situation since I shipped those German divisions into the Leningrad area from Murmansk and just south of Murmansk and have shipped no new German divisions into Finland. I'll have to ask Dave what he wants to do about this situation. Maybe he'll want to start over. LOL.

Nah. Its no problem. I missed that house rule too. So let's live with it. Btw, i haven't received new turn yet? Did you send it?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 334
RE: Turn 105 - 4/29/2010 1:30:39 PM   
Ribak

@DA_Huge_D:

Your losses are LOW. You've got way too many troops "On Hand" - take the advice from Karri and attack.
Otherwise you'll really loose Stalingrad ... only joking, the longer this game goes on, the stronger your position grows. If you stop pulling back in these huge dimensions, 43' should be the beginning of dominance

@fulkerson:

Keep him under pressure, youre doing well (not as well as pionier, but hey, hes a FITE-god ).
Like the picture from Rostov - by the way, nice work in Murmansk. Dont hold information back!
If his losses at Leningrad are really THAT horrendous, maybe youll catch the city in 1 or 2 weeks.

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 335
RE: Turn 105 - 4/29/2010 7:03:16 PM   
larryfulkerson

Dave has troops coming out of his ears.  He's got troops he's not using yet.  Maybe Dave should attack me where I'm weakest.  The weakest part of my front line(s) is manned by the weakest troops and it just so happens that I've got Hungarians manning part of my front line.  So an attack there could be disastorous, cataclismic, stunning, etc.  This is a game of 'what-if' and historically Stalin had a hard-on for attacks.  So......

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 336
RE: Turn 105 - 4/29/2010 9:08:10 PM   
Panama

quote:

Dave has troops coming out of his ears.  He's got troops he's not using yet.  Maybe Dave should attack me where I'm weakest.  The weakest part of my front line(s) is manned by the weakest troops and it just so happens that I've got Hungarians manning part of my front line.  So an attack there could be disastorous, cataclismic, stunning, etc.  This is a game of 'what-if' and historically Stalin had a hard-on for attacks.  So......

I don't understand why he didn't invade Finland a long time ago. Totally possible to pull it off in this game and eliminate the northern threat.

Post #: 337
RE: Turn 105 - 4/29/2010 9:25:37 PM   
Da_Huge_D

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

quote:

I don't understand why he didn't invade Finland a long time ago. Totally possible to pull it off in this game and eliminate the northern threat.

Invade to Finland??? With what?? LMAO.
Are you (edit: and Karri) some kind of FITE-Police here who says what i should have done and what not?

< Message edited by Da_Huge_D -- 4/29/2010 9:27:29 PM >

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 338
RE: Turn 105 - 4/30/2010 12:19:32 AM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: Da_Huge_D

quote:

quote:

Are you (edit: and Karri) some kind of FITE-Police here who says what i should have done and what not?

Whoa dude. Lighten up. Didn't you see the laughing guy? --> This means I'm joking. You do exactly what you want.

My most sincere apologies for the interruption.

< Message edited by Panama -- 4/30/2010 12:20:34 AM >

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 339
RE: Turn 106 - 4/30/2010 3:06:05 AM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished Axis turn 106 and posted the AAR here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/32ndyooeznz/DAHD FITE game turn 106 AAR forum copy.html

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 340
RE: Turn 105 - 4/30/2010 8:31:10 AM   
Karri

quote:

Well, not police. But certainly have played FITE long enough to know what you can do and can't. Wouldn't invade Finland, but for example in Leningrad Larry has a line one unit deep guarding his eastern flank. Facing this you have a line 2 units deep with several hexes that have units stacked in them, on top of this you have several tank brigades and other assorted units nearby. All of these units seem to be full strenght and well rested...all capable of attacking, and thus stopping Larry's offensive.

Overall I'd say you are playing way too cautious, but that is just the impression I get form the AAR and might not be true.

Just trying to give advice, but if you don't want it fine...

(in reply to Da_Huge_D)
Post #: 341
RE: Turn 105 - 4/30/2010 12:52:30 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

Hey Dave: this is the Karri who beats me every time I play him. Karri and I have played FITE a couple of times and have played both sides and he beat me really good both times. I learned a lot from Karri and I believe he knows what he's talking about. I'm just saying.......

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 342
RE: Turn 105 - 4/30/2010 11:27:28 PM   
larryfulkerson

EDIT: deleted by author

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/1/2010 1:49:31 AM >

Post #: 343
RE: Turn 105 - 4/30/2010 11:40:55 PM   
Panama

quote:

Somebody do me a huge favor and see if you can see the web page at this URL:

[ This is the turn 105 AAR on my computer at home. ]

http://192.168.0.66:8080/FITE%20AARs/turn%20105/DAHD%20FITE%20game%20turn%20105.html

I installed a web server on my computer at home and have been experimenting with it so as to see if it serves up web pages.  It works on my machine at home and I need to know if others can see the web pages too.  That way I can just add the address of the next AAR in a table and voila' it's deployed ( published ).  If this doesn't work I'll have to go back to uploading the AAR's to a web server ( that I've already paid for the whole year for ( $52.00)). 

I just tried. Browser said 'couldn't connect'.

Post #: 344
RE: Turn 105 - 5/1/2010 4:35:44 AM   
larryfulkerson

Hey you guys:  I switched to a different web server and tested it and it seems to be working.  So now I need somebody to test it again.  You should see a directory listing of the each of the turn's AAR in a separate directory and you should be able to navigate to the AAR you want to see and just click on the HTML file inside the separate directories and you should see the AAR foir that turn.

http://192.168.0.66/

lemme know okay?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 345
RE: Turn 105 - 5/1/2010 5:18:59 AM   
Panama

No joy. I tried it with IE, Google Chrome and Firefox. First two said they couldn't display the web page and the last one said it timed out. Maybe my internet connection doesn't like your server. Maybe wait for someone else to take a shot at it.

< Message edited by Panama -- 5/1/2010 5:20:12 AM >

Post #: 346
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 5:52:48 AM   
larryfulkerson

And yet *I* click on the link above and here's the result:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 347
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 6:52:37 AM   
larryfulkerson

I'm through with Axis turn 107 and I'm hoping you can view the AAR by going directly to my computer:

http://192.168.0.66

And if that doesn't work we can always do it the old fashioned way:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kodziw0awwd/DAHD FITE game turn 107 AAR forum copy.html

I'm not sure but I think I may have captured Bryansk.  Dave will probably take it back in his turn.

Post #: 348
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 8:55:26 AM   
pionier

I just wonder... Larry why are your guys not digged in? And this counts from north to south, may you forgot this after case blue? 

Post #: 349
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 11:45:51 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I just wonder... Larry why are your guys not digged in? And this counts from north to south, may you forgot this after case blue? 

Um........I got lazy after I discovered that Dave doesn't counterattack. He may change his mind after *this* posting but so far Dave hasn't counterattacked me since the '41 Winter offensive. The '42 Winter offensive is in about 25 turns or so and so I will have to change my lazy ways and start digging in my people when they aren't attacking. Good eyes there Pionier dude.

(in reply to pionier)
Post #: 350
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 5:25:06 PM   
Ribak

Link doesnt work, dunno why.

Now its starting to get interesting ... I got the feeling, da hughe d is massing his troops in order to crush the germans completely in winter 42^^

@fulkerson: you gotta open up the kaukausus and keep him under pressure, otherwise its gonna be a harsh winter for ya

Post #: 351
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 6:46:11 PM   
Panama

For whatever reason, I don't think your server is accepting requests.

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 352
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 7:23:15 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

For whatever reason, I don't think your server is accepting requests.

I'm thinking it's a firewall problem but I'm not sure. Lemme go through the install docs again...maybe I missed a step?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 353
RE: Turn 107 - 5/1/2010 10:01:38 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ribak
Now its starting to get interesting ... I got the feeling, da hughe d is massing his troops in order to crush the germans completely in winter 42^^

@fulkerson: you gotta open up the kaukausus and keep him under pressure, otherwise its gonna be a harsh winter for ya

Stalingrad isn't all that far away from me. So I guess my next objectives will be Leningrad and Stalingrad....since I've captured all the other "easy" objectives. The rest of the objectives are a hard fight away. I'm having trouble imagining that I have Moscow under attack.

(in reply to Ribak)
Post #: 354
RE: Turn 107 - 5/2/2010 12:35:48 AM   
larryfulkerson

I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with Qwest ( they're my ISP ) to try to get somebody to help me figure out how to modify the routing table so that TCP/IP packets that come in to my Qwest modem are forwarded to my computer so that my web server can see them.  I changed it and tested it on my mom's computer ( she lives around the corner from me here in the trailer park ) and it worked.  So I have reason to believe you guys can get to the AARs now.  The address to enter into the address box on your web browser is this :

http://71.214.182.177

So um.........I need somebody to try using the address and see if you can see my AARs from my computer.  I can and my mom can and I'm hoping you guys can too.

Post #: 355
RE: Turn 107 - 5/2/2010 12:57:19 AM   
larryfulkerson

So um....hey I just had a thought. Somebody else might want to turn their computer into a web server. I'm using Jibble as my web server. It's really small so it has a small code footprint, it's simple to set up and run and all the files needed are in the zip file located below:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/keoh2m2nxw4/WebServerLite.zip

Alternately you can download Jibble from the original web site here:

http://www.jibble.org/jibblewebserver.php

Just unzip WebServerLite.zip and you'll have a jar file, a batch file, and a command prompt shortcut. Move the three files to the directory you want to use as the root of your website and modify the batch file so that it reflects the directory where it lives and use the command prompt to fire up the batch file so that Jibble runs. By that I mean double click on the command prompt shortcut and you'll be presented with an MS-DOS window. Change directories until you can do a "dir" command and see a listing of the three aforementioned files. Then all you have to do is enter the command "start_web_server" in the MS-DOS window and the batch file will execute, starting Jibble. Leave the MS-DOS window open...don't close it. Closing it will stop the running of Jibble. Once Jibble is running on your computer you have access to your files. If you enter the loop-back address ( 127.0.0.1 ) in the address box of your computer you should see a listing of your files in the directory that represents your ROOT directory ( whatever directory you chose when you run Jibble can be the root). Only one instance of Jibble is needed for all your web service needs.

ALSO, there's just one catch to this whole process. You need the Java Run-time package installed on your computer. I have it because I'm writing Java programs to execute on my computer. You could also use the Java runtime that comes with the SDK ( software development kit ) that Java publishes....either works fine.

Sorry about the diversion from the AAR we're talking about....I'm just so excited about setting up a real web site that I had to tell somebody.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/2/2010 2:38:57 AM >

Post #: 356
RE: Turn 107 - 5/2/2010 1:55:54 AM   
Panama

Wow Larry, that just popped right up there. Instantly. All systems go for launch.

If ever I want to set up a server you will be the go to guy.

< Message edited by Panama -- 5/2/2010 1:57:32 AM >

Post #: 357
RE: Turn 105 - 5/2/2010 2:11:26 AM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karri

quote:

Well, not police. But certainly have played FITE long enough to know what you can do and can't. Wouldn't invade Finland, but for example in Leningrad Larry has a line one unit deep guarding his eastern flank. Facing this you have a line 2 units deep with several hexes that have units stacked in them, on top of this you have several tank brigades and other assorted units nearby. All of these units seem to be full strenght and well rested...all capable of attacking, and thus stopping Larry's offensive.

Overall I'd say you are playing way too cautious, but that is just the impression I get form the AAR and might not be true.

After looking at Larry's latest AAR I'm with Karri. I can see a full scale offensive just waiting to pop. Mass the artillery and go at it Soviet style.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 358
RE: Turn 105 - 5/2/2010 12:16:06 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

After looking at Larry's latest AAR I'm with Karri. I can see a full scale offensive just waiting to pop. Mass the artillery and go at it Soviet style.

Soviet style is to attack at ignore losses settings, right?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 359
RE: Turn 108 - 5/2/2010 1:21:07 PM   
larryfulkerson

I finally finished Axis turn 108 and published the AAR here:

http://71.214.182.177

Dave did another of his pull-back's and I'm in hot pursuit.

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 104 update Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI