Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: how to treat a lady

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  125 126 [127] 128 129   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 6:48:48 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

In the case of a HOAA attorney, I can't imagine the need for a $500/hr. attorney for goodness sake. Someone's not being fiduciarily responsible at the HOAA.

When I owned a condo in a 8-unit building we were all pretty much running the condo association. During one of my tours of keeping the books, dealing with miscellaneous crap, and holding a title, one of the owners was a frequent non-payer (the fee was like $110/month where in the area most fees were closer to mortgage payment size). This guy was so late we finally put a lien on the unit so he couldn't just walk out on the debt. Lo and behold, he tried to do just that. After getting his unit on the market, and selling it he discovered that he couldn't close with the lien in place, which I think was for less than $1,500. He sweet talked our attorney, who told me that he had promised to pay as soon as the closing was completed (within 3 days when funds cleared or whatever), and suggested we go ahead with it. I suggested that she loan him the money, which - strangely - she didn't!

Do you, my Argletonian colleague, suggest that perhaps this misunderstood homeowner may not have paid the association dues once his funds cleared? Say it ain't so.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3781
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 6:51:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

The WJD's sent a turn!

***********July 15, 1942***********

Fiji: More WJD sweeps over Suva but they are somewhat disorganized and the Marines and P-39's hold their own. Jap fighters were moved to Noumea after the succesful B-17 raid there. Intel suggests a CV in harbor at Noumea. Maybe, but I doubt it. Dangerous place to leave a CV. Enterprise headed Sydney for July upgrade. Replacement F4F's taken at Suva. There are no P-39's to be had. I will bring another 3/4 strength P-39 squadron from Pearl. This would be a good time to upgrade some P-40's to P-38's except the restricted squadrons in the US are hogging them all.

Eh? Aren't you playing with PDU on? Can't you 'upgrade' those restricted squadrons to your crappola P-26s and P-43s?

Ummmmmmmmm????? Beats me. I have been trying to get rid of the P-26's but nobody wants them. I have P-43's in Seattle and Anchorage and even sent one squadron to the South Pacific for rear area use.

Here is what happens when I try to "upgrade" a restricted P-39 squdron to P-26's

Can you upgrade any of those P43 squadrons you have to the P-26s? That'll dump some P-43s into the pools that you can use to 'upgrade' those West Coast units, thereby freeing up those other more useful aircraft for the Southwest theater.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 3782
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 6:58:42 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Yes, I believe that might explain why I cant convert to P-40E's in this example, but note that the P-26's are greyed out.

The grey means, basically, 'not currently in production' IIRC.

Post #: 3783
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 7:07:07 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Admiral Lord Sprior made references to 2nd Div. I was beginning to think he was hallcuinating but I now realize it is broken down in brigades(4th, 5th and 6th Brigades, plus 2nd Recce Rgt) Apparently 5th Brigade was held up and will be in Aden in 3 d.

Historically, it appears 2nd Recce wasn't assigned to 2nd Div until '44. This may be a small OOB error.

Post #: 3784
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 7:46:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Can you upgrade any of those P43 squadrons you have to the P-26s? That'll dump some P-43s into the pools that you can use to 'upgrade' those West Coast units, thereby freeing up those other more useful aircraft for the Southwest theater.

A good idea. I was able to "upgrade" a squadron of 17 P-43's in S.F. to 14 P-26's. Then I found a squadron of 21 P-40B's at Pearl who thought the Lancers were really cool. This resulted in 6 P-40B's in the pool. None of the P-38 or P-39 squadrons would trade for the P-40B's but I did find a group of 25 P-40E's in Sydney who thought the P-40B engine cowlings were really neat. This resulted in TWO extra P-40E's added to the pool (while losing a P-40B squadron switched to P-43's, a P-43 squdron switched to P-26's and a P-40E squadron losing 25 planes)

Maybe we can try to sell the P-26's to Ecuador or something.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/1/2011 7:49:25 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3785
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/1/2011 8:24:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

A good idea. I was able to "upgrade" a squadron of 17 P-43's in S.F. to 14 P-26's. Then I found a squadron of 21 P-40B's at Pearl who thought the Lancers were really cool. This resulted in 6 P-40B's in the pool. None of the P-38 or P-39 squadrons would trade for the P-40B's but I did find a group of 25 P-40E's in Sydney who thought the P-40B engine cowlings were really neat. This resulted in TWO extra P-40E's added to the pool (while losing a P-40B squadron switched to P-43's, a P-43 squdron switched to P-26's and a P-40E squadron losing 25 planes)

Your pool aircraft generally won't be 100% available right away. Expect several days delay before they will appear in your general airframe pool for distribution to front line units, but they'll get there. Expect the pool numbers to climb within the next 7-10 days.

ETA: Check your OPS report for further details. The majority of the airframes relegated to reserve pools are listed in parentheses (damaged). These will become available after repair (several days), in my experience.

ETA II: So, if I'm right you should have something like 25+21 P40E and P40B models in your pools within a little more than a week. What's 46 additional P40 airframes worth to the Allied cause in the SW Pac right about now, huh? Will I get a thank you card? A nice bottle of Bordeaux? You'd better at least arrange for a chicken dinner (gotta support the industry) for your survivors on Fiji.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 2/1/2011 8:53:41 PM >

Post #: 3786
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/2/2011 1:32:03 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

*It's a big hanging curve ball

I hear that they can correct this sort of thing with surgery nowadays.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3787
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/2/2011 5:32:11 PM   
a7v

Just as a reminder: You should disable reinforcements for your existing P40 squadrons, otherwise your understrength units will suck your pool empty.

Not that something like that ever happened to me.

Regards

Rainer

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 3788
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/2/2011 5:51:23 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: A7V_U

Just as a reminder: You should disable reinforcements for your existing P40 squadrons, otherwise your understrength units will suck your pool empty.

Not that something like that ever happened to me.

Regards

Rainer

Yes, I think we must have "no replacement" set as default. I found a RCAF Kittyhawk squadron that is willing to be reassigned. Maybe they can go to Pearl or Oz and free up a USAAF squadron. The RCAF is swimming in replacement aircraft (Kittyhawks and Hurris).

I got a call yesterday from a chap that wanted to make an appointment for "marriage counseling". I am pretty sure he had the wrong number.

(in reply to a7v)
Post #: 3789
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/3/2011 2:52:38 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

"This resulted in TWO extra P-40E's added to the pool (while losing a P-40B squadron switched to P-43's, a P-43 squdron switched to P-26's and a P-40E squadron losing 25 planes"

Wow, whatta deal! Sounds to me like DC&H negotiated the arrangement with you on behalf of Mr. Minderbinder's Enterprises!

Mandrake, please don't sign any more contacts on your own without the advice of counsel--------

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 3790
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/3/2011 4:17:04 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

Your pool aircraft generally won't be 100% available right away. Expect several days delay before they will appear in your general airframe pool for distribution to front line units, but they'll get there. Expect the pool numbers to climb within the next 7-10 days.

ETA: Check your OPS report for further details. The majority of the airframes relegated to reserve pools are listed in parentheses (damaged). These will become available after repair (several days), in my experience.

ETA II: So, if I'm right you should have something like 25+21 P40E and P40B models in your pools within a little more than a week. What's 46 additional P40 airframes worth to the Allied cause in the SW Pac right about now, huh? Will I get a thank you card? A nice bottle of Bordeaux? You'd better at least arrange for a chicken dinner (gotta support the industry) for your survivors on Fiji.

Lemme get this straight: You predict that if Mandrake gives up the airframes, a few days or weeks later, they will reappear in the pool?

Kind of like the cash you were promised from that deadbeat HOA guy you were assured would "pay as soon as the closing was completed (within 3 days when funds cleared or whatever)"

There seems to be some sort of logical inconsistency going on here with your advice!

Mandrake, hold off on giving away the bottle of Bordeaux until those planes show up in Oz or New Zealand with some experienced pilots!

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." ...Winston Churchill

OK, I stand guilty as accused...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3791
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/3/2011 4:40:12 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

Lemme get this straight: You predict that if Mandrake gives up the airframes, a few days or weeks later, they will reappear in the pool?

Kind of like the cash you were promised from that deadbeat HOA guy you were assured would "pay as soon as the closing was completed (within 3 days when funds cleared or whatever)"

There seems to be some sort of logical inconsistency going on here with your advice!

Mandrake, hold off on giving away the bottle of Bordeaux until those planes show up in Oz or New Zealand with some experienced pilots!

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." ...Winston Churchill

OK, I stand guilty as accused...

My Bad, Chickenboy! I didn't realize that it was WITPQS who was getting scammed by the HOA deadbeat and his own lawyer, not you.

Still, I've always hated the "I will gladly pay you next Tuesday, if you buy me a hamburger today" style of promise.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 3792
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/3/2011 8:56:21 PM   
CaptDave

quote:

Still, I've always hated the "I will gladly pay you next Tuesday, if you buy me a hamburger today" style of promise.

Me, too, unless I'm the one making it (funny how so few people take me up on it, though)!

Post #: 3793
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/4/2011 2:38:39 AM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

quote:

Me, too, unless I'm the one making it (funny how so few people take me up on it, though)!

Odd how those hamburgers always taste the best.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 3794
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/4/2011 3:20:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Sign in today JOBA'AB which is Arabic for "by Allah (PBUH) this Homeowner's Association is ungovernable"

In case anyone missed anarchyintheuk's clever literary reference this is what he was talking about:

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/4/2011 3:21:47 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3795
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/4/2011 3:25:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I will gladly pay the Empire Tuesday for a turn today. Maybe Mubarak accidentally turned off their ISP?

Post #: 3796
Billable hours - 2/4/2011 3:40:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********Suva Airfield, 07:25, July 16, 1942**********

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: <doing final inspection of his B-25..a jeep pulls up..well more precisely, a jeep being driven by a man in fine linen slacks pulls up> Milo!

Man in fine linen slacks: Yossarian, you crazy SOB, you dind't sign the "Time Out" log.

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: But, as you can see, I haven't left yet.

Man in fine linen slacks: Don't matter, pre-flight check counts too. And did you take a shower today?

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: Shower?

Man in fine linen slacks: Yeah, the washing thing with the water.

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: Well, yeah, but I don't see that as any of your business.

Man in fine linen slacks: Look, Yossarian, you naive SOB, here is the point. Did you think about the flight when you were in the shower?

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: Well, yeah, I wondered how many Zeroes we might run into.

Man in fine linen slacks: There you go, billable hours!

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: Billable?

Man in fine linen slacks: Yes, yes, billable, as in capable of being billed.

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: But I was taking a shower. What about the taxpayers?

Man in fine linen slacks: TAXPAYERS?? HAHAHAHAHAHA Oh, Yossarian, you kill me. HAHAHAHHA. What do you think all those stupid aluminum drives are for? And the War Bond drives? They WANT to help. Do you want to make them feel bad?

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: No, I guess not. But isn't there some kind of accounting or something?

Man in fine linen slacks: This is the Government. They EXPECT the bill to be padded. If we don't they will think we are up to something...............

Post #: 3797
Billable hours - 2/4/2011 5:40:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Ah...turns out neither Mubarak or Nasser are responsible.

It seems the young lad, Admiral Lord Sprior ran into some kind of IT disaster at work when they were upgrading to DOS 3.0.

Once again, Mr. Gates is at fault.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3798
RE: Billable hours - 2/4/2011 8:56:34 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

It seems the young lad, Admiral Lord Sprior ran into some kind of IT disaster at work when they were upgrading to DOS 3.0.

If he is just getting to 3.0 then he has lots more of fun at work ahead! In fact, MS pretty much sucked between Dos 2.1 and Windows 7

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

Post #: 3799
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 12:58:18 AM   
perkinh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

quote:

quote:

"This resulted in TWO extra P-40E's added to the pool (while losing a P-40B squadron switched to P-43's, a P-43 squdron switched to P-26's and a P-40E squadron losing 25 planes"

Wow, whatta deal! Sounds to me like DC&H negotiated the arrangement with you on behalf of Mr. Minderbinder's Enterprises!

Mandrake, please don't sign any more contacts on your own without the advice of counsel--------

At $540 an hour no less.

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

Post #: 3800
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 3:17:36 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Sign in today JOBA'AB which is Arabic for "by Allah (PBUH) this Homeowner's Association is ungovernable"

In case anyone missed anarchyintheuk's clever literary reference this is what he was talking about:

Its BAPBUH, infidel.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 3801
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 3:42:38 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Its BAPBUH, infidel.

By Odin! It's that smart-aleck Jewish kid I hired for copy editor causing trouble again. Next time I'm going with one of those Shinto kids.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 2/5/2011 4:17:29 PM >

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 3802
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 4:37:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********Suva Airfield, 07:31, July 16, 1942**********

Man in fine linen slacks: <calls up to pilot in cockpit through open window> Hey Yossarian, I almost forgot. Start your Spmalet drop about a mile and 1/2 EAST of your official drop point.

Hirsute pilot in crisp grey uniform with orange pinstripes: A mile and a half? What is there, a hurricane or something?

Man in fine linen slacks: Wind? No, no wind. I sold half the load to 2nd Sasebo Special Naval Landing Force. Little yellow bastards love the stuff.............

Post #: 3803
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 8:33:23 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Its BAPBUH, infidel.

By Odin! It's that smart-aleck Jewish kid I hired for copy editor causing trouble again. Next time I'm going with one of those Shinto kids.

Its that respect for elders thing youre looking for, isnt it.

Post #: 3804
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/5/2011 11:55:33 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

HAI! Copy! Chop-chop! HAI! Konichi-wa, Mandrake-san! [copies down military plans in hidden ledger]

Post #: 3805
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/8/2011 3:19:30 AM   
rtrapasso

BUMP!!!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3806
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/8/2011 4:36:50 AM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

BUMP!!!

Shameful, isn't it? I hope Mandrake and Sprior appreciate you.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3807
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/8/2011 4:32:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Sign in today ODNIUK which is Ukranian for "what happened to all the good looking women--all we seem to have around here anymore is potato-fed grandmothers?"

We experienced some serious time-dilation so for those of you who do not have a maximum improbability drive spaceship it may appear the turns are coming really slowly. It only seems that way because you lack the imagination to imagine anything other than the hidebound Newtonian universe to which you are accustomed.

Besides, after the Super Bowl halftime show I have formed a Black Eyed Peas fan club. I already have 22 hits.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3808
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/8/2011 4:58:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************July 16, 1942************

South Pacific: Nadi was raided by Oscars from Tanna on a milk run. No Zeroes over Suva today. I guess they had enough of the US Marine Corps. Quite a few fighters have been moved to Noumea after JJ was caught with his drawers down there. 90 fighters at Noumea, 60 at Tanna now. The weather is better so the B-17's will go in over Tanna and try to catch some planes on the ground. Intel at Noumea now says TWO Jap CV's in port. I suppose it is possible the damaged CV's from the fight off Fiji put in there and are still too damaged to leave safely. If so, we missed a golden opportunity for a port attack on damamged CV's.

Big bombardment attack at Nadi today. We shall see what kind of shape JJ is in there. Two ground support units coming into Suva today by ship. I hope the fighters can cover them as they are highly vulnerable to Netties. Suva airfield is level 7 but with all the B-17's it is still wingtip to wingtip. SouPac HQ, another tank bn and some AAA is also headed for Suva and is about 3 days out.

Oz: JJ appears to be reinforcing air strength at Port Headland. Judging from the aggressive sub snooping near Perth, they are on the alert from a counterattack in Northern Oz. They also captured Babu Is. North of Darwin which takes away the option of a free ladning there. More tranpsort and AK activity near Darwin. Still not sure if they are coming or going. Mediums from Tennant hit Katherine today. Jap troops strength at Katherine has apparently declined which makes me think the divisions have been moved North and some are being drawn down for garrison or reserve duty in the DEI or PI.

The long planned B-17 raid on Wyndham goes in today.

Post #: 3809
RE: how to treat a lady - 2/8/2011 11:42:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Sign in today ODNIUK which is Ukranian for "what happened to all the good looking women--all we seem to have around here anymore is potato-fed grandmothers?"

Mail order brides.

Post #: 3810
Page:   <<   < prev  125 126 [127] 128 129   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  125 126 [127] 128 129   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI