Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Login Nirvana

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Login Nirvana Page: <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 5:04:43 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I was pretty much already going to give up on Rossel after I saw all the fighters and 2/3 of the bombers skip out of Noumea and, presumably, move to Rabaul and Lunga.

Then I had a dream last night (and I almost never remember my dreams, maybe once a year and this is two dreams in a couple of days) where I bought a Beretta handgun, all black. It was a thing of beauty. Then, when I woke up in the morning (in the dream) it was all disassembled and there were all these tiny O-rings lying about among the metal parts. So I am frantically trying to put the thing back together and there is no way to make all the O-rings fit. As far as I know there are no O-rings in a Berreta hand gun, but I did not need no steenkeeng Jungian or Freudian analysis.

New weapon acquired (4 USN carrier taffys)

The thing is FUBAR (the operation goes FUBAR)

O-ring failures (does that remind you of anything?)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 4/12/2011 5:10:23 AM >

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 4411
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 1:24:58 PM   
sprior

I've seen many O-ring failures, some more spectacular than others.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4412
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 4:30:58 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

I've seen many O-ring failures, some more spectacular than others.

@ sprior: this O-ring of which you speak...is it common issue amongst RN sailors on shore leave in Singapore for example?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4413
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 4:41:04 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie
Wow! That psychoanalysis of dreams stuff seems to have worked! Good decision!

Ugh. That's SO much like a clinical psychologist. Ascribing whatever successes or good decisions in the future to psychoanalysis of today.

I'm reminded of a bit from an ex-animated series called "The Critic" from a few years back. Rainier Wolfcastle (a thinly veiled knockoff of A. Schwarzenneger) was being interviewed and shown in a clip from his latest movie. As was to be expected, it was over the top violent, with gratuitous sex and poor punmanship.

When the clip was over, the interviewer sat for a moment, stunned by the gratuitous drivel he had just seen. Finally, he asked Rainier Wolfcastle-incredulously-"How do you sleep at night?"

I imagine, Moondawggie, that you can relate to Rainier Wolfcastle's response: "On top of a mountain of money, surrounded by beautiful women."

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 4414
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 5:23:17 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Ugh. That's SO much like a clinical psychologist. Ascribing whatever successes or good decisions in the future to psychoanalysis of today.

I'm reminded of a bit from an ex-animated series called "The Critic" from a few years back. Rainier Wolfcastle (a thinly veiled knockoff of A. Schwarzenneger) was being interviewed and shown in a clip from his latest movie. As was to be expected, it was over the top violent, with gratuitous sex and poor punmanship.

When the clip was over, the interviewer sat for a moment, stunned by the gratuitous drivel he had just seen. Finally, he asked Rainier Wolfcastle-incredulously-"How do you sleep at night?"

I imagine, Moondawggie, that you can relate to Rainier Wolfcastle's response: "On top of a mountain of money, surrounded by beautiful women."

Loved that cartoon.

I didnt ask to be king of the balloon doggies. The balloon doggies demanded it!

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4415
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 7:49:58 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

i didn't realize he had hopped over from the Simpsons... although some of "The Critic" characters have showed up on the Simpsons on occasion.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4416
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 8:18:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

JJ populated Port Moresby with Nells, Nicks and Zeroes but they were caught on the ground. Madang(NW of Lae)is now groaning with the weight of 60+ bombers. Recon shows no fighters so I tasked the LB-30's now at Charters Towers and some B-24's moved to Townsville to hit the field. The B-17's at Townsville and 2 squadrosn of B-25's at Cairns will hit PM again.

Heavy bombers raided Noumea, encounterd only one fighter on cap and did quite a bit of damage to transports, support vessels adn one sub at Noumea.

The first ground assault will go in at Nadi today.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4417
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 9:56:12 PM   
rtrapasso

So, how are Milo and The Hairy One doing??

i have a question: Milo's lawyers are Dewey, Cheatham and Howe... are his financial advisors Ilgott and Gaines?

Post #: 4418
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 10:56:51 PM   
Mynok

I thought is was the firm of Burnham and Runn?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4419
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 11:53:38 PM   
rtrapasso

Almost as fine as the proposed merger (never culminated) between Merrill-Lynch and Drexal-Burnham... firm was to be called Lynch and Burnham.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4420
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/12/2011 11:57:02 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Union Boss in fine linen slacks: Yossarian, Yossarian, you really should have paid attention in history.

Hirsute Treasurer: I did. I paid attention to Mary Jane's breasts.

After this exchange, H.R. called in the Sexual Harassment councilor: Natasha Diaz.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4421
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 12:36:57 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Union Boss in fine linen slacks: Yossarian, Yossarian, you really should have paid attention in history.

After this exchange, H.R. called in the Sexual Harassment councilor: Natasha Diaz.

I thought that "position" had been "filled" by Seymour Butts?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4422
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 12:38:07 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

I thought that "position" had been "filled" by Seymour Butts?

i thought he was a talent scout.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4423
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 12:41:10 AM   
rtrapasso

After Malaya, the British are trying to organize their own bicycle troops. They called in a well-known captain who was a long-distance cyclist, and promoted him to command: let's all congratulate Major Ashburn, C.O. of 1st Experimental Heavy Bicycle Battalion.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4424
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 12:57:54 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

After Malaya, the British are trying to organize their own bicycle troops. They called in a well-known captain who was a long-distance cyclist, and promoted him to command: let's all congratulate Major Ashburn, C.O. of 1st Experimental Heavy Bicycle Battalion.

I'm pleased they've replaced their previous C.O. Major Hugh G. Rekshon. The troops always found the prospect of saluting him rather uncomfortable.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4425
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 2:45:23 AM   
Onime No Kyo

If wars could be won by bad jokes.....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4426
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 4:45:38 AM   
Mynok

That's what Mandrake does...toss 1000lb boob jokes around until the WJDs die of silicon poisoning.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4427
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 12:36:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

That's what Mandrake does...toss 1000lb boob jokes around until the WJDs die of silicon poisoning.

Well, apparently there was one such case involving a snake.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4428
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/13/2011 8:57:54 PM   
Tijanski

quote:

I'm pleased they've replaced their previous C.O. Major Hugh G. Rekshon. The troops always found the prospect of saluting him rather uncomfortable.

A good thing they dont use foreign officers from the ends of the empire. Like Lt. Col. Minisa Biggerwahn Thanyougoth

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4429
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/14/2011 1:47:05 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Oh dear God. I can see things have gone seriously wrong when I was away.

****************South Seas Detachment HQ, Truk, August 13, 1942*******************

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: General, sir, I am concerned about about possibirity Arries rand on isrands where we have no garrisons.

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Hai, I agree General. What you propose?

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: I propose we ret contract to M&M Enterprises for "Rent a Garrison"

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Did you say "Rent a Garrison"

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: Hai. It good operation. We use them to drop supplies on Tanna.

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: I approve. How much cost?

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: We make trade, sir. Very frexible.

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Sprendid! Perhaps M&M Enterprises can procure some Engrish womans with big breasts too. Report to me as soon ready.

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: HAI! <salutes and turns to exit>

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Oh, General, there is one other thing.

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: Hai!

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Well, I was wondering why we are talking like this?

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: Rike what sir?

Gen. Tomitaro Horni, CIC, South Seas Detachment: Well, in Pidgin English with no articles and mispronounced "L" sound.

Gen. Haruyoshi Hyakutie, Commanding, Solomons, New Britain, New Guinea: Oh, beats me sir. I thought you wanted to. You know, continuity with the narrative, perpetuation of puerile ethinc and racial stereotypes, that kind of thing.

Post #: 4430
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/14/2011 2:17:57 AM   
Chickenboy

THE FOLLOWING OBSERVATION IS NOT MEANT AS A COME-ON TO REGULAR (OR IRREGULAR) READERS OF THIS THREAD!:

Hiyakutie? Horni? Oh, Mandrake...

Post #: 4431
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/14/2011 2:52:30 AM   
moore4807

If I may concur with the honorable Chickenboy and add my own comment;

I believe its time for Stalker Girl to arrange another pipe laying accident OR in cool hand Luke's saying "Get your head right!"

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4432
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/14/2011 3:51:26 AM   
Cap Mandrake

Hey, I can't confirm the conversation about Rent a Garrison, but the names are historically accurate. You guys don't know when you are being edumacated.

Tomitarō Horii*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomitar%C5%8D_Horii

Harukichi Hyakutake**

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruyoshi_Hyakutate

* Drowned in 1942 while skinny dipping with a big breasted cannibal girl

** Suffered a stroke in 1945 after ingesting 18 Sake-bombs in 3 hrs while cavorting with two scantilly clad women in a bar run by a midget chieftan from Flores.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4433
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/14/2011 3:55:58 AM   
USSAmerica

No editorial license taken with those names at all.    

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 4434
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/16/2011 4:31:45 PM   
rtrapasso

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 4435
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/16/2011 4:56:42 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Yes...time for some filler. Rord Admirar Nerson is under the weather right now.

I started work on my most ambitious work of fiction yet, my 2010 tax return. I hate to sound harsh but Stalker Girl is completely clueless about taxes. At least she is organized which helps with my complete absence of such. Over $11,000 in "Alternative Maximum Tax" alone. Given the opportunity, I could be homicidal. Fortuantely, no member of Congress lives in the neighborhood. I am trying to self-medicate with Juniper berry nectar.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4436
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/16/2011 5:01:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

In other news, Mandrake Jr. brought home a ferret that someone gave her. The thing stinks but pretends to like people so it is hard to not like back.

As this is a skinny, fur-bearing predator similar to a weasel, I assume this is somehow propitious.

Post #: 4437
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/16/2011 5:22:31 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

In other news, Mandrake Jr. brought home a ferret that someone gave her. The thing stinks but pretends to like people so it is hard to not like back.

As this is a skinny, fur-bearing predator similar to a weasel, I assume this is somehow propitious.

Smitten by a 'tube rat', I see? Keep it away from flip flops and other foam-based filler material. Intestinal obstructions are pretty common. You'd think there'd be enough grease on the inside to led things slip along nicely, but alas-they're mostly just greasy on the outside.

Post #: 4438
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/17/2011 9:04:02 AM   
sprior

quote:

Yes, let's assume that. If it dies let me know.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 4439
RE: Login Nirvana - 4/18/2011 2:51:26 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Yes, let's assume that. If it dies let me know.

Uh oh... rumo(u)r has it that Adm. Nelson is sending a Ninja to SoCal to find the ferret...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4440
Page:   <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Login Nirvana Page: <<   < prev  146 147 [148] 149 150   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI