Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hearts and Minds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/9/2012 3:45:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

having a shapeshifter as girlfriend must be convenient...

I kind of like her better without the moles. She is no Kate Beckinsale, of course.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 7621
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/9/2012 3:53:19 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

********Our Lady of Perpetual Guilt Catholic Church, Bathurst Is., Dec. 27, 1942(c)************

Maj. Sparks, Acting CO, His Majesty's forces, Bathurst: <His uniform is dishevled after his tumble into the water during landing. On his breast pocket there is stenciled "Leader Rating=38, Land Rating=36". This is not customary but was put there at the insistence of his former commander who had this to say on his evaluation, "Major Sparks is an unimaginative and extremely cautious officer, although it should be said his men would follow him anywhere even if it is chiefly out of curiosity".> Father, I'm afraid I must insist.

Fr. O'Brien: Insist all you wish, my son. I will not relinquish control, at least not wihtout a properly vetted contract. What of the Marina lease rights? I'm sorry, the Tawi people will not be treated like this. Out of Christian charity your men can encamp over there at the East side of the clearing but no coconut harvesting, is that clear?

Oh gods - bully beef again!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7622
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/9/2012 7:16:30 PM   
sprior

quote:

She is no Kate Beckinsale, of course

Or Julianne Moore.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 7623
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/10/2012 12:16:41 AM   
Grollub

quote:

Hey look...a TBF hit something!

Japanese Ships
xAKL Chosen Maru, Torpedo hits 3, and is sunk

Why shouldn't your TBFs hit? I mean, it was named the Chosen Maru, right?

Edit; Written on my ("smart")-phone in the middle of a forest on a CPX in the middle of nowhere (A.K.A Sweden - I just couldn't resist commenting on this ... )

< Message edited by Grollub -- 5/10/2012 12:24:19 AM >

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

Post #: 7624
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 3:34:14 AM   
Chickenboy

Well? Get on with it!

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 7625
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 4:30:39 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Well? Get on with it!

Perhaps we are waiting for the designated swimmer to bring news of the latest battle. I understand that was JFKs first assignment before he was given command of a PT Boat to keep his feet dry. Didn't work though ....

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7626
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 5:03:35 AM   
Cap Mandrake

I'm guessing the Navajo took him (Rord Admirar Nerson not JFK) this time. They didn't get the smoke signal.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/11/2012 5:08:10 AM >

Post #: 7627
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 5:17:10 AM   
Cap Mandrake

How long is it before you are supposed to seek medical attention with an invasion interruptis woody?

Anyone know?

Post #: 7628
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 5:23:12 AM   
Cap Mandrake

We are having a debate at work. How old do you have to be to get out of call obligation?

The current proposal is 70-75 Are you freakin' kidding me?

Get used to it gomers because Social Security will be the same way in a few years. We will all be like Yosssarian waiting to get sent home when he makes 35 missions...only to have Cathcart bump it up to 50 to get a unit citation. I am collecting my favorite dog food recipes.

Post #: 7629
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 5:31:57 AM   
Cap Mandrake

You know that certain intangible semse of body position in space possesed by great athletes and gymnasts?

Well, neither does Stalker Girl. She broke her ankle falling down the stairs. She will be alright, the poor thing, but in the meantime I am doing everything around here. I went over to Sears to get some high end dress shirts so I won't have to do laundry for a bit. Almost out of underwear too. I guess I could ask Pocahantas Gril if I could use some of hers. They don't get much use apparently.

I suppose I could hire the Mayan back but I am afraid there might be a homicide if I did.

Post #: 7630
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 5:52:51 AM   
witpqs

Sorry, Cap. Glad to hear it's not major but I'm sure it hurts and will be a pain otherwise for her. Don't even tell the Mayan, she'll just stand outside the window and sing taunts.

Costco has some Hawaiian shirts on sale. Even if they wrinkle no one will notice.

Post #: 7631
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 1:09:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

How long is it before you are supposed to seek medical attention with an invasion interruptis woody?

Anyone know?

Isn't it anything more than four hours? Lucky for you, you can self-prescribe whatever the heck you want.

Post #: 7632
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 3:54:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

New Scotland and the New and Improved Hebrides. A sideshow. I think Lunga is a serious bastion. JJ decided to shorten his lines a bit.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7633
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 3:56:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Anyone know?

Isn't it anything more than four hours? Lucky for you, you can self-prescribe whatever the heck you want.

What works every time is getting a carrier sunk. I think Musashi getting in among 85 troop ships would do it too.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7634
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 4:09:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*********08:20, Dec. 27, 1942(c), IJA Airfield, Espiritu Santo*******

<Lt. Saito sits in the cockpit of his Tojo, his head wrapped in a rising sun banner. The banner trails back from the prop wash. He salutes the ground crew>

Ground Crew: BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI! <The engine revs and the plane pulls away>

LYB #1 in diapers: I can't stand that ****ing primadonna.

LYB #2 in diapers: You shouldn't say that. An officer will hear.

LYB #1 in diapers: Bah. he's going to get us all killed. If we just ray row the Arries will probably pass us by. Dumb ass Kool-aide drinker.

LYB #2 in diapers: Rook, maybe you are just hungry. Come have some hot soup.

LYB #1 in diapers: You know what? I am getting ****ing tired of ****ing fish head soup too.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/11/2012 4:11:04 PM >

Post #: 7635
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 6:38:21 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7636
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 7:46:37 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Anyone know?

Actually prescribing anything with 'C' as in controlled is very much frowned on the DEA gets their undergarments in a bunch if you know what I mean ... given the CC & HPI .. I would recommed Terbutaline 0.5 mg SC for Pripasm .. it would keep the excitment up waiting for the turn while specifically reversing the effects of turgency related to that particular problem ... ...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7637
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 9:07:01 PM   
Argos

<Mayan discarding small figurine with broken ankle>

She knew before you did...

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7638
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 9:54:46 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Anyone know?

Actually prescribing anything with 'C' as in controlled is very much frowned on the DEA gets their undergarments in a bunch if you know what I mean ... given the CC & HPI .. I would recommed Terbutaline 0.5 mg SC for Pripasm .. it would keep the excitment up waiting for the turn while specifically reversing the effects of turgency related to that particular problem ... ...

0.5 mg SC, eh? SC where? The cure is worse than the disease, if it's what I'm a'thinkin' doc.

Whatever happened to 'first, do no harm'? That seemed to work pretty well. I'm sorry, but an injection directly into my corpus cavernosum is-by definition-doing me harm, doc dude.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7639
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/11/2012 11:47:40 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Anyone know?

0.5 mg SC, eh? SC where? The cure is worse than the disease, if it's what I'm a'thinkin' doc.

Whatever happened to 'first, do no harm'? That seemed to work pretty well. I'm sorry, but an injection directly into my corpus cavernosum is-by definition-doing me harm, doc dude.

Actually SC in the fatty part of the arm works great Now .. there is a proceedure to drain corpus cavernosum using needle aspiration but I find the Beta Agonist to work fine ... Here we have anticipation as a factor so cutting off the blood supply via vasoconstriction permits outflow ... if outflow were a problem then .. then what you speak off becomes the Tx of choice ... .. but heck for some males Caverject is the only soultion .. that thought still makes me cringe ..

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7640
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/13/2012 10:06:30 PM   
Chickenboy

Today's Dr. Grumpy rescue from page 2 purgatory. I swear, Cap'n-the more I follow Dr. Grumpy, the more I am led that YOU are Dr. Grumpy:

Sunday, May 13, 2012
Weekend reruns
Let's take the Way-Back machine to the early-90's.

Dr. Grumpy is the medicine intern, on-call for Thanksgiving, at a large VA hospital (a veterans hospital for my non-U.S. readers, with consequently a primarily cantankerous elderly male population).

A peculiar thing about VA hospitals (at least back then, I haven't worked at one for 18 years) is that patients could sign out at the nurse's desk, and come back later (allegedly they were in the hospital because they were sick, but you need to work at one to understand this point). So the sheet was always full of notations that patients had signed out to go to McDonald's, or to buy cigarettes, or to smoke, or to visit friends at the homeless shelter, or to hold up a liquor store, or whatever.

Some bright businessman had opened a stripper club across the street from the hospital, I think it was called The Jaguar Room. So on Thanksgiving the VA ward I was covering was empty, as most of the patients had signed out to walk, wheel, or crawl over to The Jaguar Room for some female comfort and booze.

I was asleep in the intern's room when the calls began coming in. All of them from the bartender at The Jaguar Room. Questions about was it safe for my patients to be smoking through their tracheostomy tubes? Were the cardiac telemetry packs still transmitting from across the street? Was there a place at the VA where the patients could get more $1 bills, because they'd used them all up on the strippers?

And my favorite:

Bartender: "Can I give Mr. Veteran another beer?"

Intern Grumpy: "Um, what's the problem?"

Bartender: "He has one of those foley bags things, with the tube going up his dick. The bag is, like, REALLY full, and I'm afraid if I give him another beer it'll pop and send piss everywhere."

Intern Grumpy: "Send him back to the hospital."

Bartender: "Well, that's bad for business."

Intern Grumpy: "So is showering your clientele with piss."

Mr. Veteran was wheeled back over to the VA immediately, by a topless stripper no less, who waited while his bag was emptied and then pushed him back to the bar.

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7641
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/13/2012 11:32:35 PM   
witpqs

In tribute to Dr. Grumpy.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7642
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 3:09:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I did a VA stint too....in La Jolla..where you can buy a Theordore Geisel painting or a $12 Martini but you aren't going to find a strip joint.

Even so, the story about Vets smoking through their trach stoma is true. I have seen it.

Lap dance with a catheter bag in place. Oh dear.

I am terrible at getting lap dances myself. Even if I think about the Alou brothers I immediately sport wood and she has to whisper "This will have to be the last one."

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/14/2012 4:10:04 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7643
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 3:21:51 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***********December 28/29th, 1942(c)***********

Darwin: A LYB carrier TF was spotted approaching Darwin from the NW on the afternoon of the 28th. Also, one day's let up in the airfield attacks convince JJ to move in more fighters and bombers to Darwin. As we were already ashore securely at Darwin (including CIC South Pac himself), abnd because the prvious days air battles had weakend and fatigued the F4F's on the carriers and at Gove...and because Maryland was out of main gun ammo and numerous capital ships low on fuel, I decided to pull back to rest, refuel adn rearm and to avoid a finesse attack on the carriers at extreme range from the LYB carriers.

Post #: 7644
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 3:23:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This left the fast BB's free to bombard..which they did at night with great effect.

Night Naval bombardment of Darwin at 76,124

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 50 damaged
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 5 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 19 damaged
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 4 destroyed on ground
Ki-30 Ann: 7 damaged
Ki-30 Ann: 3 destroyed on ground
D3A1 Val: 4 damaged

Allied Ships
BB Indiana
BB Washington
DD Dewey
DD Benham
DD Lansdowne
DD Buchanan

Japanese ground losses:
284 casualties reported
Squads: 5 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 22 destroyed, 8 disabled
Engineers: 4 destroyed, 5 disabled
Guns lost 7 (5 destroyed, 2 disabled)
Vehicles lost 6 (4 destroyed, 2 disabled)

Post #: 7645
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 3:56:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

After seeing what they have at Darwin, the last minute reinforcement of the base, the absence of shore defence guns, the absence of a garrison on Wyndham, the disproportionate forces at Katherine and the attempts to mine the place right in the middle of the battle, I now think we achieved strategic surprise for the landing at Darwin.

They saw the buildup at Merauke and the repulsed assault at Dobo and assumed we were going North...which we are of course..e.ventually.

Post #: 7646
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 4:00:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Darwin, Wyndham, Saumlaki and Bathurst: The F4F's from Gove (level 2.5) sweep over Darwin. LYB CAp is pretty beat up after the BB's got done with the place.

Morning Air attack on Darwin , at 76,124

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid detected at 21 NM, estimated altitude 31,300 feet.
Estimated time to target is 7 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 1
Ki-43-Ic Oscar x 2
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 2

Allied aircraft
F4F-4 Wildcat x 9

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 1 destroyed
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed

No Allied losses

Then the B-17's from Merauke. Ann is the new girl ont he block at Darwin.

Morning Air attack on Darwin , at 76,124

Weather in hex: Light rain

Raid detected at 38 NM, estimated altitude 12,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 11 minutes

Japanese aircraft
A6M2 Zero x 1
Ki-44-IIa Tojo x 1

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 19
B-17F Fortress x 8

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 2 destroyed on ground
Ki-30 Ann: 3 destroyed on ground
Ki-43-Ic Oscar: 1 destroyed on ground
D3A1 Val: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 1 damaged
B-17F Fortress: 2 damaged

Airbase hits 2
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 12

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 5/14/2012 4:12:47 PM >

Post #: 7647
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 4:05:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The B-24's fly over Wyndham after a small P-38 sweep. No CAP at all.

Morning Air attack on Wyndham , at 70,127

Weather in hex: Partial cloud

Raid detected at 39 NM, estimated altitude 13,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 13 minutes

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 54

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-45 KAIa Nick: 6 destroyed on ground
A6M2 Zero: 2 destroyed on ground
B5N2 Kate: 2 destroyed on ground
A6M3 Zero: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 4 damaged

Japanese ground losses:
5 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 9

LYB Sallys bomb the remnants of 503rd PIR at Saumlaki and USAAF B-25's bomb the LYB's on Dobo.

Bathurst turned green without any record in the combat replay. I guess the contract was satisfactory to Fr. O'Brien. Bathurst has abotu 800 tons of supplies but no engineers. Saumalaki has even less. We will have to go back after refueling.

Post #: 7648
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 4:08:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Allied bombardment attack at Darwin by about half the troops. Pretty effective. We can try an attack after a few visit by the BB's and air to ground attacks.

Ground combat at Darwin (76,124)

Allied Bombardment attack

Attacking force 20490 troops, 465 guns, 314 vehicles, Assault Value = 1247

Defending force 16408 troops, 149 guns, 143 vehicles, Assault Value = 529

Japanese ground losses:
121 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 5 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Vehicles lost 3 (3 destroyed, 0 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
7 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Assaulting units:
2nd USMC Engineer Regiment
I Aus Corps Engineer Battalion
6th Australian Division
7th Australian Division
2/1 AIF Pioneer Battalion
6th Marine Regiment
1st Marine Regiment
632nd TD Bn /1
22nd Marine Regiment
2/2 AIF Pioneer Battalion
193rd Tank Bn /2
2/11th Field Regiment
16th USN SeaBees /1
South Pacific
2nd USMC Field Artillery Battalion
2/9th Field Regiment
134th Field Artillery Battalion
8th Marine Defense Battalion
2nd RAAF M/W Sqn /1
225th Field Artillery Battalion
21/22 Field Regiment
2nd Australian Hvy AA Rgt /1

Defending units:
21st Ind.Mixed Brigade
18th Tank Regiment
38th/A Division
4th Engineer Co
38th/B Division
52nd JNAF AF Unit
53rd JNAF AF Unit
22nd Ind.AA Gun Co
107th JAAF AF Bn
5th Div /2

Post #: 7649
RE: Hearts and Minds - 5/14/2012 4:09:55 PM   
Chickenboy

Wow.  Nice bombardments (naval and aerial).  Well done, Lord Admiral Sprior!

Post #: 7650
Page:   <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  253 254 [255] 256 257   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI