Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hearts and Minds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/8/2012 10:19:07 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Upton Sinclar has turned many of High School student into vegetarians ...

I used to pretend to be a vegetarian to meet girls in college. Put a "Save the Whales" sticker on your notebook and hang out at the vegetarian cafe. Quite pitiful really. I gave it up when I realized they didn't shave their arm pits.

Hmmm .. I went the opposite route .. I aggravated the veggies ..especailly the evangelical types .. "Look read the Territorial Imperative .. eyes to the front of my head and sharp pointy front teeth -- I was desgined and destined to be at the top of the food chain ..and if you keep eating veggies like that . .your eyes are going to evolve to the side of your head and your going to get really nervous when drinking water ..."

Mrs. Chickenboy was reading about Solarists-another one died this past week. For those unfamiliar with the practice, these individuals believe that solar rays alone can provide sufficient sustenance for them to live:

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-04-25/news/31400949_1_swiss-woman-starves-swiss-canton

Smart people what. I guess the lack of Chlorophyll and inability to photosynthesize doesn't stop 'em. Good on you, girl. You go! Express your individuality-don't let scientists tell you that you can't do it!

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7981
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/8/2012 10:23:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

I used to pretend to be a vegetarian to meet girls in college. Put a "Save the Whales" sticker on your notebook and hang out at the vegetarian cafe. Quite pitiful really. I gave it up when I realized they didn't shave their arm pits.

Hmmm .. I went the opposite route .. I aggravated the veggies ..especailly the evangelical types .. "Look read the Territorial Imperative .. eyes to the front of my head and sharp pointy front teeth -- I was desgined and destined to be at the top of the food chain ..and if you keep eating veggies like that . .your eyes are going to evolve to the side of your head and your going to get really nervous when drinking water ..."

I like the eyes evolving to the side of the head bit, but are you saying you would not hold your tongue on the benefits of nuclear power in order to get laid? That is some serious dedication to the cause, amigo.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/8/2012 10:24:36 PM >

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7982
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/8/2012 10:37:35 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I like the eyes evolving to the side of the head bit, but are you saying you would not hold your tongue on the benefits of nuclear power in order to get laid? That is some serious dedication to the cause, amigo.

The Three great pleasures of life .. Cow Butt [especially KC Bone in Rib Eye], Aged Brown Liquor [Louis XIII] , and .. a "nightcap" ... veggies and health nuts tend to be against the first two .. which means I have to focus

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 7983
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/8/2012 10:53:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

CBI: More nocturnal raids on Mandaray. JJ has Zeroes up in the air at night but they don't find anything.

Mr. Cartright and Hop Sing experience a reversal near Kineko. These are the same JJ units that suffered massive casualties about 3 d ago.

Ground combat at 79,41 (near Kienko)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 24288 troops, 272 guns, 42 vehicles, Assault Value = 812

Defending force 10330 troops, 34 guns, 0 vehicles, Assault Value = 336

Japanese adjusted assault: 743

Allied adjusted defense: 313

Japanese assault odds: 2 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), leaders(+), experience(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
775 casualties reported
Squads: 3 destroyed, 77 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Guns lost 5 (1 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
2323 casualties reported
Squads: 100 destroyed, 77 disabled
Non Combat: 119 destroyed, 47 disabled
Engineers: 1 destroyed, 3 disabled
Guns lost 6 (2 destroyed, 4 disabled)
Units retreated 3

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
13th Division
32nd Division
15th Ind.Medium Field Artillery Regiment
12th Army
14th Medium Field Artillery Regiment
52nd Ind.Mtn.Gun Battalion
29th Ind. Engineer Regiment

Defending units:
57th Chinese Corps
Red Chinese Army
18th Group Army

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 7984
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 1:48:19 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

You don't always need SBDs with 1000 pounders to take care of shipping - I just sank a Jap CA using P40Es carrying 500 pounders. 22 aircraft @ 100 feet got 13 hits for one flak loss. Don't try and use the P40B if you still have them - no bomb capacity.

Did you train the pilots in LowNav skill?

This was in the Philippines one week into the war. Low Nav skills for that squadron's 22 pilots range from 16 - 40 , average maybe 28. It helped that the target was large and had struck a mine [just one] at Bataan so was a little slower than usual. He has been attacking Clark Field and Bataan but these aircraft were based at Manila. Mini KB was not in the area to provide CAP.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 7985
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 2:10:51 AM   
princep01

Mrs. Chickenboy was reading about Solarists-another one died this past week. For those unfamiliar with the practice, these individuals believe that solar rays alone can provide sufficient sustenance for them to live:

Hummmmmm....This is nature's way of telling these individuals that they likely qualifiy as dumba*ses.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7986
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 5:30:13 AM   
BBfanboy

If they are going to act as solar panels, shouldn't they at least have the decency to wire themselves into the electrical grid for the duration?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 7987
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 4:51:43 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

If they are going to act as solar panels, shouldn't they at least have the decency to wire themselves into the electrical grid for the duration?

I find your lack of support for the Breatharian (sorry, I inadvertently referred to them as "Solarists" previously) movement discordant. At that rate, you'll never be able to populate the 5th dimensional world of Breatharianism, BBfanboy and princep01.

Perhaps you can both find your inner peace through the Breatarian Society of America, gentleman. This is a good place to start on your journey:

http://www.breatharian.com/wileybrooks.html

Oh, while you're there, you can buy "Elixir of the Gods"-genuine water from the fountain of youth (conveniently located in the 5th dimension). It's a mere $1,000 / 32 oz. bottle. Plus $50 for shipping and handling.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7988
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 4:57:01 PM   
Chickenboy

I hadn't realized before that it was a Breatharian movement that invented what we 3D'ers refer to as 'ice cream'. S'truth!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7989
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 5:21:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The sun shine sout of my ***. Does that make me a solarist?

Advice needed. So...I've been wondering....<kicks ground>...ummm..do you guys think the G-spot is real? Oh, crap! This is the wrong forum. Sorry.

Here is my real question.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7990
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 5:31:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

****************Haha-Jima School of Yiddish Comedy, Jan. 5, 1943(c)***************

Lt. Hata: <nervously, on stage> The food here is rousy and the portions are rearry small too.

Mr. Berle: NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! Look, Lt. Hata, I'm sorry, but you have to pause after "the food here is rousy". It's called comedic timing. You see, the joke is in the incongruous juxtaposition of the lousy food and the small portions sizes. Try it again with the faintest hint of a smirk between the two lines. It's about 3 beats..just enough time for one sweep of the audience. <turns to assistant and speaks quietly> Get me out of this gig. Now! I am beginning to think they are congenitally incapable or getting it.....

Post #: 7991
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 5:39:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

****************Later that night, Mr. Berle's trailer***************

Mr. Berle: <to assistant> OK, get these shipping intercepts to Mr. Minderbinder and tell him these are the last ones. I'm not falling for his "service to the country" bull ****. I want out of this gig. The food is lousy and the portion sizes are samll too.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7992
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 5:41:22 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Advice needed. So...I've been wondering....<kicks ground>...ummm..do you guys think the G-spot is real? Oh, crap! This is the wrong forum. Sorry.

Someone accidentally switched on their emergency transponder??

Post #: 7993
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 6:41:06 PM   
Onime No Kyo

Mandrake trying another experiment?

I suppose this could be either good or bad. Probably bad....

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7994
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 6:46:43 PM   
Wirraway_Ace

quote:

Triangulation, or, I believe in the vernacular of the time: radio DF....

mike

Post #: 7995
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 7:31:00 PM   
moore4807

Ya think the Crew Chief says NO!!! when its time to clean that "bird"???

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 7996
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 7:52:06 PM   
BBfanboy

He must be feeling the chill in the air - he is wearing a touque and has an electric warmer strip around his .... yam?

Post #: 7997
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 8:16:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

That is slanderous sir! Or maybe it's libel? Either way, my left eye looks nothing like that!

Post #: 7998
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 8:45:29 PM   
Chickenboy

I think the bigger question for the Cap'n is why his Allied SigInt is completely 'bare'. Someone's not loading the right bits of the Allied save files into his directory.

Seriously, dude, you've got to take advantage of the Allied SigInt in the game. It will help dramatically.

(in reply to Wirraway_Ace)
Post #: 7999
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 9:01:42 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I think the bigger question for the Cap'n is why his Allied SigInt is completely 'bare'. Someone's not loading the right bits of the Allied save files into his directory.

Seriously, dude, you've got to take advantage of the Allied SigInt in the game. It will help dramatically.

I assumed it was because I dont run the combat replays......no?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8000
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 9:08:36 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

quote:

Spiror could send you the replay files that you could use combat reporter and WitPTracker to put together the intelegence story ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

Post #: 8001
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 9:45:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

In my furtive 2x2, we 'ported' over the save game and the 001 replay file. This was sufficient for our Allied dog opponents to generate the necessary OPS, SigInt, Combat events and the like.

You may want to synchronize who 'opens' the 001 file between you and Sprior first. That file execution (and all attendant report generated) should be consistent between you and your partner. Synch or other replay problems may arise if you each open the 001 file and start working on the turn.

If Sprior replays the 001 first, then his reports should probably accompany the 001 and save file to you. Import the reports to your 'save' directory for the turn. If you do this, you don't need to watch the 001, but you'll still have the reports available for your perusal.

At least that's the way I see it.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 6/9/2012 9:47:13 PM >

Post #: 8002
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 10:16:00 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

That is slanderous sir! Or maybe it's libel? Either way, my left eye looks nothing like that!

I'm sorry for the confusion my dear Mandrake. What I had meant to say was that I have it on good information that you are the smiling chap in the co-pilot seat....happy to be present at the birth of the Tannanese Air Force.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 8003
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/9/2012 11:14:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm sorry for the confusion my dear Mandrake. What I had meant to say was that I have it on good information that you are the smiling chap in the co-pilot seat....happy to be present at the birth of the Tannanese Air Force.

Oh...yeah...sorry, I guess I've been a bit on edge. I found picture of a post-war Tannanese naval aircraft with its distinctive "skid mark" roundel. This was assumed to be a wry reference to Chief Ubowatamee's inaugural flight at the dawn of Tannanese military aviation.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/9/2012 11:17:24 PM >

Post #: 8004
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/10/2012 3:02:04 AM   
BBfanboy

Out of curiousity, how much coconut milk does it take to fill each of those wing jug tanks? Must be a whole cottage industry there draining coconuts to keep the air force flying!

Post #: 8005
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/10/2012 4:34:47 AM   
Itdepends

Surely they'd use palm oil? The Tannanese air force- your environmental option for killing the enemy.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8006
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/10/2012 5:04:02 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Heh, it took me some time before I understood what you guys were talking about.

You're well ahead of me - I almost never understand what they're talking about.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 8007
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/10/2012 5:54:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Heh, it took me some time before I understood what you guys were talking about.

You're well ahead of me - I almost never understand what they're talking about.

Which, of course, is precisely the whole point of the exercise. Admiral Lord SPrior, for example, only pretends, I think, to know what Jackspeak means. In fact, I am pretty sure he made it all up.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 8008
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/12/2012 5:26:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Wow..page 2. This joint be jumpin'

*************************Jan. 5/6, 1943(c)**************************

Darwin: 2 IJN DD's were spotted headed SE 320 mi WSW of Darwin. The transports unloading at Darwin and Bathurst were sent East and one CL-based task force each was tasked to cover Darwin and Bathurst. Maryland and Colorado were inbound to Darwin for a bombardment mission.

In fact, the 2 DD IJN taffy was a bit more robust. HMS Ceres and 4 USN/RN DD's (Arleigh Burke in command..yes..a bit awkward, I agree..we were out of PP's so there were no good RN commanders ) were tasked with patrol duties at Darwin.

Night Time Surface Combat, near Darwin at 76,124, Range 3,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Chokai, Shell hits 2
DD Makinami
DD Natsushio
DD Natsugumo
DD Shikinami
DD Sagiri
DD Oboro, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
CL Ceres, Shell hits 2
DD Chevalier, Shell hits 1
DD Balch, Shell hits 19, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Fortune
DD Jupiter

Reduced visibility due to Rain with 0% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Rain and 0% moonlight: 3,000 yards
Range closes to 23,000 yards...
Range closes to 17,000 yards...
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 3,000 yards
CONTACT: Allied lookouts spot Japanese task force at 3,000 yards
Watanabe, Seishichi crosses the 'T'
CL Ceres engages CA Chokai at 3,000 yards
CL Ceres engages DD Oboro at 3,000 yards
DD Fortune engages DD Oboro at 3,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Balch at 3,000 yards
DD Fortune engages DD Natsugumo at 3,000 yards
DD Balch engages DD Makinami at 3,000 yards
Range closes to 2,000 yards
CL Ceres engages CA Chokai at 2,000 yards
DD Balch sunk by DD Oboro at 2,000 yards
DD Natsugumo engages DD Fortune at 2,000 yards
DD Natsugumo engages DD Chevalier at 2,000 yards
Range increases to 8,000 yards
CA Chokai engages CL Ceres at 8,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Fortune at 8,000 yards
DD Oboro engages DD Fortune at 8,000 yards
DD Chevalier engages DD Oboro at 8,000 yards

Uggh. No moonlight. Radar on the fritz? Watanabe crosses Burke's T.

Next up is the inbound BB's with a bombardment mission (the cautious VAdm Early in command).

Night Time Surface Combat, near Darwin at 76,124, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Chokai, Shell hits 12, on fire
DD Makinami
DD Natsushio
DD Natsugumo, Shell hits 1
DD Shikinami, Shell hits 9, on fire, heavy damage
DD Sagiri
DD Oboro, on fire

Allied Ships
BB Maryland, Shell hits 5, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
BB Colorado, Shell hits 5
DD Voyager
DD Hotspur
DD Inconstant, Shell hits 3
DMS Hovey, Shell hits 8, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk

Poor visibility due to Rain with 0% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Rain and 0% moonlight: 1,000 yards
Range closes to 19,000 yards...
Range closes to 13,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
Early K. crosses the 'T'
BB Colorado engages CA Chokai at 1,000 yards
BB Maryland engages CA Chokai at 1,000 yards
DD Sagiri engages DD Inconstant at 1,000 yards
DD Shikinami engages BB Maryland at 1,000 yards
DD Shikinami engages DD Voyager at 1,000 yards
DD Shikinami engages DMS Hovey at 1,000 yards
Range increases to 2,000 yards
CA Chokai engages DD Voyager at 2,000 yards
BB Maryland engages CA Chokai at 2,000 yards
DD Sagiri engages DD Inconstant at 2,000 yards
DD Shikinami engages DD Hotspur at 2,000 yards
DD Natsugumo engages DD Voyager at 2,000 yards
DMS Hovey sunk by DD Natsushio at 2,000 yards
Range increases to 4,000 yards
CA Chokai engages DD Voyager at 4,000 yards
CA Chokai engages BB Maryland at 4,000 yards
DD Inconstant engages DD Sagiri at 4,000 yards
DD Shikinami engages DD Inconstant at 4,000 yards
Task forces break off...

This time Early crosses the T and Colorado and Maryland depress their main batteries to fire at 1000 yds. at night with no moon and a rain squall.

Chokai gets hit hard but Colorado and Hovey get Rong Ranced. The BB's withdraw without bombarding Darwin. Oops. An big ground attack is already ordered at Darwin.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 6/12/2012 5:31:30 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8009
RE: Hearts and Minds - 6/12/2012 5:31:01 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Saumlaki: Ineffectual sparring. Saumlaki airfield may be ready today. Not sure yet.

Morning Air attack on 5th Marine Defense Battalion, at 78,117 (Saumlaki)

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 6,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-49-Ia Helen x 13

No Japanese losses

Allied ground losses:
6 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled

Aircraft Attacking:
13 x Ki-49-Ia Helen bombing from 4000 feet *
Ground Attack: 2 x 250 kg GP Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morning Air attack on TF, near Saumlaki at 78,117

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 19 NM, estimated altitude 8,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Japanese aircraft
Ki-30 Ann x 6
Ki-45 KAIa Nick x 2

No Japanese losses

Allied Ships
PT-168
PT-26

Aircraft Attacking:
6 x Ki-30 Ann bombing from 5000 feet *
Naval Attack: 1 x 100 kg SAP Bomb

Post #: 8010
Page:   <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  265 266 [267] 268 269   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI