Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Question Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Question - 2/6/2010 10:12:38 PM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tycow
Apologies if it's already been asked, but is there a single player campaign/story to play? 

There is a hidden back-story present in all games. Pursuing this back-story is optional, but it does explain a lot of stuff about the galaxy.

(in reply to Tycow)
Post #: 121
RE: Question - 2/6/2010 10:15:07 PM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ypsylon
My question below is result of reading an article about Pluto undergoing intense seasonal changes on the surface right now.

Is weather/seismic activity/etc represented in DW?

If yes, then how it does affect game-play.

Agricultural production drops because of very bad weather, industrial output plummeting when ice age is coming because of over-harvesting. Only 2 fun ideas out of rather long list.

No weather factors that directly apply to planets. There are things like scenery and research attributes that give bonuses to particular types of stars and planets.

There's also huge galactic storms in some of the nebulae that affect any ships or bases inside them.

(in reply to ypsylon)
Post #: 122
RE: Question - 2/6/2010 10:18:39 PM   
dingbat911

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg
There's also huge galactic storms in some of the nebulae that affect any ships or bases inside them.

Interesting! can you elaborate?

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 123
RE: Question - 2/7/2010 9:19:04 AM   
Okim

quote:

There is a hidden back-story present in all games. Pursuing this back-story is optional, but it does explain a lot of stuff about the galaxy.

Is there a random back-story for each game or one for all games?

(in reply to dingbat911)
Post #: 124
RE: Question - 4/5/2010 3:51:40 PM   
XoX

On Earth: I did find the Sol system in one game. Started as humans in a sector full of human independants. A few stars over was Sol.....
Mercury and Venus were there then there was a gap where Mars, Earth and the belt should be.
Jupiter was there just fine with Europa (colonised) and so was Saturn. Pluto was there IIRC as were maybe a few other kuiper objects. Neptune and Uranus though were ice worlds.

(in reply to Okim)
Post #: 125
RE: Question - 4/5/2010 4:20:32 PM   
Cheet4h

Everytime i played the Humans (4 - 5 games) i found the humans. Also 2 -3 planets in the system were independent humans. Also in 1 case i even started at Sol 5 :D

Question: Is the historical home system always colonized by independents of a race?

(in reply to XoX)
Post #: 126
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Question Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI