Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Line Infantry facing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Line Infantry facing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Line Infantry facing - 1/24/2010 3:02:10 PM   
Sarge

I have been working on line formation graphics trying to clean it up a bit in order to get a clear view of facing .

Here is the quick test run , you can still see facing by the officers sword the muskets look to busy for my taste , with out reinventing the wheel and taking on a huge task of re-texture all the units this is the best I have come up with.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sarge -- 1/24/2010 4:46:45 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/24/2010 3:47:15 PM   
Sarge

Old view w/muskets

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 2
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/25/2010 6:57:06 PM   
PrinzHenrich

Sorry, I don't known what are you want to reached. Are you want to make all unit standing with musket by their sides, and using theirs firearms only in combat animations?
Interesting if it is what I think

Changes....

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 3
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/25/2010 9:36:42 PM   
jackx

I actually like the idea of shouldered muskets outside of the combat animations. Would be neat if that could be implemented.

If it means a time-consuming reworking of all units, then it's probably not worth it, but if it were to be done, the swords should probably be switched to the left hip in the process, too. ;)

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to PrinzHenrich)
Post #: 4
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/25/2010 10:05:59 PM   
Magnus

I actually made a test animation where the units shouldered their muskets when walking in line, then in a small neat animation lowered their muskets and ready to fire. Just like they look right now in line formation. I made a nice transition between shouldered muskets and muskets ready to fire.

The actual line formation where shouldered muskets would be seen is just a animation replacement. Though the transition animation between shoulder and firing stance I am not sure how I could implement. Possibly a new string animation for just that. I have to think about it, if I can do some magic by animating this.

/Magnus

(in reply to jackx)
Post #: 5
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/26/2010 12:25:43 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: jackx

I actually like the idea of shouldered muskets outside of the combat animations. Would be neat if that could be implemented.

That’s exactly what I have done, I kept the fire and the other animation as they are but have line formations shouldering their muskets.

Looks pretty cool actually ……..

(in reply to Magnus)
Post #: 6
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/26/2010 12:36:34 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: PrinzHenrich

Sorry, I don't known what are you want to reached. Are you want to make all unit standing with musket by their sides, and using theirs firearms only in combat animations?
Interesting if it is what I think

Put muskets at shoulder till loading, firing and so on , all the other animations are the same I just removed the animation for line formation and used the march unit images.

Here is a quick mock up

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 7
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/26/2010 12:49:35 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magnus

I actually made a test animation where the units shouldered their muskets when walking in line, then in a small neat animation lowered their muskets and ready to fire. Just like they look right now in line formation. I made a nice transition between shouldered muskets and muskets ready to fire.

The actual line formation where shouldered muskets would be seen is just a animation replacement. Though the transition animation between shoulder and firing stance I am not sure how I could implement. Possibly a new string animation for just that. I have to think about it, if I can do some magic by animating this.

Use the fire animation string , the animation to lower and raise muskets would only take 4 cells and still have 5 cells for the fire animation

< Message edited by Sarge -- 1/26/2010 12:52:16 AM >

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 8
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/26/2010 6:41:39 PM   
Magnus

Yes I didn´t notice that right away Sarge that you have shouldered their muskets, looks great :)

/Magnus

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 9
RE: Line Infantry facing - 1/27/2010 11:01:35 AM   
jackx

Hrmm... what about kneeling front rankers? Could that still be implented, so that the standing front rank knelt down to fire, and then got up again? 

no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be ... no peace

(in reply to Magnus)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Horse and Musket: Volume I, Frederick the Great >> Line Infantry facing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI