Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 1:46:31 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

I would suggest forgetting those two and get Galactic Civilization 2 and Medieval Total War origional with Vikings Invasion expansion. Why play mediocre games when you can play some real good quality ones?

Does Medieval Total War have auto save?

(in reply to killroyishere)
Post #: 31
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 3:11:59 AM   
freeboy

ok, So I did pass on sins, BUT I am truly enjoying Empire modded wit hDarth mod and actually Nappy modded wit hJams realism mod plays very well, I know they are beer and pretzal games, but its nice to see the huge improvements in graphics and the liek ..
thanks for the heads up E, will check out matrix space game too... seems there are a lot of interestingtitles out now, and alos more in the pipeline!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 32
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 3:13:11 AM   
freeboy

Larry, It is an easy thing to save your game and keep playing each turn.. I like MED2 modded, but truly I like the empire and nappy better, did actually say that?
so savign and moving back a tur nor two is simple

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 33
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 3:22:16 AM   
LarryP

Thanks for the info.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 34
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 4:32:54 AM   
killroyishere

I believe when the Vikings expansion came out Larry that it included a QUICK SAVE feature but not autosave. You could press like F5 function key and it would quicksave your game and you could also press it before a battle and it would quicksave that as well. I definitely prefer games today with autosave though because of all the crashing issues and video card etc. issues nearly every single game today has.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 35
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 4:56:40 AM   
freeboy

It is really easy with all the tot war stuff to save and continue

Post #: 36
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 11:08:25 AM   
killroyishere

This is true freeboy but fact still remains you have to 'remember' to save manually. I would still prefer it just go ahead and autosave just before every battle automatically.

I also play Crusader Kings and am glad it has a feature that allows you to save once a year at least. OOTPBB is another game that requires an autosave because as the database gets full it starts to crash as well and I've lost months before of play before finally having it save at the end of each week.

Autosave should be a mandatory feature though from now on with any new games because there are just too many computers with just too many different setups out here now. Even Galactic Civilization 2 has an autosave and if I'm not mistaken it has a double autosave. The Guild I & II have them as well and I thank the gods for them because both have crashed on me at some point or other.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 37
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 3/27/2010 10:50:16 PM   
freeboy

agreed, the problem with an auto save often, but not always, is that you get one auto save.. what if I want to go back twnety truns when I did X and change it! but I do agree.. easy is often better

Post #: 38
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/2/2010 6:03:48 AM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: killroyishere

I would suggest forgetting those two and get Galactic Civilization 2 and Medieval Total War origional with Vikings Invasion expansion. Why play mediocre games when you can play some real good quality ones?

Does Medieval Total War have auto save?

Yes, MTW has auto-save, although I can't remember if it does so every 5 years (turns) or every 10 years.

One caveat with MTW: If you have an Nvidia 8xxx series video card, you may have trouble running it. There are fixes/workarounds that'll work for a lot of people, but some folks can't seem to get the game to run no matter what they do.

All that being, said MTW is an awesome game! It remains my favorite Total War title, despite its age.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 39
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/2/2010 2:12:01 PM   
MajFrankBurns

After the 1.6 patch I can now recommend ETW and it's onsale some place I think for $10.50 or was a couple days ago.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 40
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/2/2010 2:13:44 PM   
Joram

Yeah, finally?  After 6 patches? 

(in reply to MajFrankBurns)
Post #: 41
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/2/2010 2:19:32 PM   
MajFrankBurns

Yes Joram I played a custom battle to try out the BAI and was amazed at how it uses flanking maneuvers ala Mad Minutes 2nd Manassas. I watched a regiment of indians column around my flank to my rear on my left and routed my line eventually.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 42
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/2/2010 8:43:39 PM   
martok

Unless & until a patch is released fixing/updating the campaign AI, ETW will remain in the "not fun" category for me. I'm sick of nations making moronic strategic decisions bordering on the insane/suicidal.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Post #: 43
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/18/2010 11:58:01 AM   
MAHI567

A PC title, Sins of a Solar Empire blends tactical combat with real-time space strategy to create a simulated galaxy. Created by Ironclad Games, the game allows players to conquer worlds, practice intergalactic diplomacy and trade resources to enhance technology and build military might. Based on other 4x games like Galactic Civilizations II, Sins of a Solar Empire also utilizes 3D graphics and large scale space battles to test the player's ability to govern their universe.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 44
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/18/2010 1:04:30 PM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: MajFrankBurns

Yes Joram I played a custom battle to try out the BAI and was amazed at how it uses flanking maneuvers ala Mad Minutes 2nd Manassas. I watched a regiment of indians column around my flank to my rear on my left and routed my line eventually.
The AI doesn't just "use" them, he has a FIXATION on them. He will attempt flanking maneuvers that are guaranteed to end disastrously simply because you KNOW he will do it. The AI pretty much will NEVER actually perform a straight-forward frontal assault, he is ALWAYS going to try some crazy flanking stunt. Once you deploy with the realization that the AI doesn't really comprehend "frontal assault" at all, the predictable flanking maneuver ceases to be threatening and novel and becomes routine.

Post #: 45
RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? - 4/18/2010 3:51:58 PM   
freeboy

Agreed, IF you get some fine mods like Darths empire mod.. and now running the jam realism mod for nappy, they do play well...
granted an ai will never be a human ,but they are both fun..
So, although I really do enjoy both of them, I also picked up the new Matrix title for space, DW, lots of fun there...
For strategy we have the new GG coming out in the summer, shameless plug.. WITE, and ssg has some new toys out, albiet with a non stand alone the pricing remains an issue

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: sins of Solar vs total war empire? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI