Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The AE Geezer Thread!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/16/2021 9:50:58 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: casmithasl

Grump grump geeze, Is there anyone here geezier than me? 75

Depends on the day. Today the sun is shining, temperature near 0º - people have ventured out of lockdown to walk/skate/ski on the river ice below. I'm out of the grumpy stakes today. (I suppose I could be grumpy about that ...)

GRUMP!

Neither of you are grumpy enough!

Wait and see if you get a very nice late winter storm south of you, dumping meters of snow, staying cold until it gets abnormally warm, then that snow melts fast and runs downhill - to YOU!

Then I am sure that you will be GRUMPY! but even VERY GRUMPY!

GRUMP!

There's the spirit! Never die happy!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1441
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/16/2021 9:55:30 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Depends on the day. Today the sun is shining, temperature near 0º - people have ventured out of lockdown to walk/skate/ski on the river ice below. I'm out of the grumpy stakes today. (I suppose I could be grumpy about that ...)

GRUMP!

Wait and see if you get a very nice late winter storm south of you, dumping meters of snow, staying cold until it gets abnormally warm, then that snow melts fast and runs downhill - to YOU!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

Then, of course, with all of that floodwater going into the sanitary system along with recent rains and snow melt going into the sanitary system, the sanitary system decides to flood your basement. Even if you live in an apartment, high above, that lovely fragrance will still reach you!

GRUMP!

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1442
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/16/2021 9:59:15 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

Then, of course, with all of that floodwater going into the sanitary system along with recent rains and snow melt going into the sanitary system, the sanitary system decides to flood your basement. Even if you live in an apartment, high above, that lovely fragrance will still reach you!

GRUMP!

Most modern cities have separated the septic and storm drain systems for just that reason. Smell no evil!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1443
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/16/2021 11:29:35 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

GRUMP!

Most modern cities have separated the septic and storm drain systems for just that reason. Smell no evil!

GRUMP!

Progress!

Need I say more?

GRUMP!

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1444
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/23/2021 5:53:28 PM   
RangerJoe

GRUMP

I started getting a lot of "502 bad gateways" yesterday. They continued today even after I rebooted the machine and cleared all of the cookies and cleaned out the unnecessary files. I cleared all the history, the cache, and all of the log-ins. They still continued.

Could this be because I complained about something the other day? The complained went to someone who never even made a single post! That person joined on 10/20/2010 and last logged in on 4/2/2011 at 12:26:57 AM!

The complain is still open.

What a crock of sssshhhiiiittt!

GRUMP

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1445
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/23/2021 6:13:02 PM   
btd64

Sucks. Grump....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1446
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/24/2021 2:38:17 PM   
fcooke

That sucks. We have 5 rescue dogs. The one we have had the longest was given up twice because 'he wasn't friendly' We take all our adoptees to the vet after we get them and turns out he had a horrible ear infection. Bad enough that he would scratch his cheeks to the point that he had created scabs that were like Sherman armor. Once the ear infection was taken care of he became friendly. But it took a couple of months. He is now the pack leader even though he is about 20 lbs and the newest addition is about 50 lbs.

In any case I like the furries more than I like most people. Sometimes they are abused/mistreated/neglected and end up 'broken' beyond repair.

Don't get me started on the parrot rescue.......

Back from Eire and so my tech is working better. Still trying to get a Covid test. What a PITA.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1447
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/24/2021 4:15:55 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: fcooke

That sucks. We have 5 rescue dogs. The one we have had the longest was given up twice because 'he wasn't friendly' We take all our adoptees to the vet after we get them and turns out he had a horrible ear infection. Bad enough that he would scratch his cheeks to the point that he had created scabs that were like Sherman armor. Once the ear infection was taken care of he became friendly. But it took a couple of months. He is now the pack leader even though he is about 20 lbs and the newest addition is about 50 lbs.

In any case I like the furries more than I like most people. Sometimes they are abused/mistreated/neglected and end up 'broken' beyond repair.

Back from Eire and so my tech is working better. Still trying to get a Covid test. What a PITA.

So it's a Pain In The A$$ to get a Pain In The Arm?

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 1448
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/24/2021 4:43:47 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

So it's a Pain In The A$$ to get a Pain In The Arm?

He wrote "test" not "shot" so there is a difference.

BTW, if you get the test where they swab your nasal area, it does great in breaking up the congestion from a sinus infection. Just be warned, it is not pleasant and the stuff does come out relatively quickly.

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1449
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 4:55:27 AM   
RangerJoe

Grump

Enough said:

Attachment (1)

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1450
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 7:55:16 AM   
fcooke

Covid test at 9:50 this am. Had one before and it was highly unpleasant - to the point where I pushed the person away when she went way too far up my nose with the swab (felt like I was being mummified).

I like the seniors post. I literally write everything down now - then forget to take the list with me when I go shopping

And the bathroom thing has festered itself nicely. There was a time I could go the whole day with 1 trip....not so much anymore.

Edited for a typo.

< Message edited by fcooke -- 1/25/2021 7:56:27 AM >

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1451
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 9:54:23 AM   
Ambassador

You don’t have to be a senior to be subjected to rule #4...

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 1452
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 11:02:19 AM   
btd64

quote:

Grump

Enough said:

Yeah, I've seen this list before. It was hanging up in a antique shop. But oh so true.

GRUMP....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1453
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 11:04:16 AM   
btd64

quote:

Covid test at 9:50 this am. Had one before and it was highly unpleasant - to the point where I pushed the person away when she went way too far up my nose with the swab (felt like I was being mummified).

I like the seniors post. I literally write everything down now - then forget to take the list with me when I go shopping

And the bathroom thing has festered itself nicely. There was a time I could go the whole day with 1 trip....not so much anymore.

Edited for a typo.

They have a mouth swap test now. But it takes longer to get the results....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 1454
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 2:22:08 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Edited for a typo.

My landlord is thinking of installing a water meter on my toilet because of my frequency of use...

(in reply to fcooke)
Post #: 1455
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 2:53:01 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

quote:

Edited for a typo.

My landlord is thinking of installing a water meter on my toilet because of my frequency of use...

When I was in the hospital for a time, they put something in the toilet to catch the liquid. It held and entire litre! or 1000 ml! The cup runneth over more than once.

Of course, I was on 7 to 9 IVs a day of one half litre or a full litre while also drinking up to three litres of water, not to mention cow juice. I got to the hospital just a wee bit dehydrated.

― Julia Child

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1456
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 3:27:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Edited for a typo.

When I was in the hospital for a time, they put something in the toilet to catch the liquid. It held and entire litre! or 1000 ml! The cup runneth over more than once.

Of course, I was on 7 to 9 IVs a day of one half litre or a full litre while also drinking up to three litres of water, not to mention cow juice. I got to the hospital just a wee bit dehydrated.

Sounds like one of those purge clinics!

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1457
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/25/2021 6:31:19 PM   
fcooke

keep hydrated - I can literally see when I have not had enough water (and booze too - but a different problem). So the rapid test came back negative but it turns out they don't do the 'full' test with the rapid test, so at the wishes of the wife unit I will be back tomorrow for the full test.

On the positive side of the ledger I picked up my new glasses, got the car washed, and yapped to my car repair people about my old car (wife had it sent in for a lookover while I was away). Car is in good shape for an auto Geezer - 88 Saab 900 turbo. Stick and gets better mileage than the newer cars, go figure.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1458
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/26/2021 1:54:55 AM   
rustysi

quote:

Grump

Enough said:

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1459
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 1/31/2021 5:26:56 PM   
btd64

You said it best, "don't let the bastards grind you down".

Grump....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 1460
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/1/2021 11:30:38 AM   
Edmon

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately, I have had to ban RangerJoe for 1 week for once again posting his foot, after being warned not to.

I hope you can all understand that my hand was forced on this and you guys will continue to enjoy and even be grumpy on the forum.

But we're can't allow/have gore pictures here.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1461
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/1/2021 12:16:24 PM   
btd64

Ok, Grump....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 1462
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/1/2021 1:40:55 PM   
Ambassador

GRUMP

If I could ban some lawyers for bothering me in court, I would.

I envy you, Edmon...

/GRUMP

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1463
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/1/2021 4:32:29 PM   
Edmon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

GRUMP

I envy you, Edmon...

/GRUMP

Not something I enjoy doing, it sucks to be cut off from a community that you enjoy and I know that's not a great feeling.

It is always unfortunate, but we do our best so you can enjoy this forum during your lunch break and keep your lunch where it belongs...

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 1464
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/1/2021 5:10:18 PM   
Ambassador

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edmon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ambassador

GRUMP

I envy you, Edmon...

/GRUMP

Not something I enjoy doing, it sucks to be cut off from a community that you enjoy and I know that's not a great feeling.

It is always unfortunate, but we do our best so you can enjoy this forum during your lunch break and keep your lunch where it belongs...

Yeah, I get the feeling too. A couple years ago, I used to moderate the forum of one of EA’s games, I can tell it’s not an easy thing to do.

Thanks for the others, regarding the images. For my part, my stomach is strong. When I was a crown prosecutor, I could read an autopsy report (with photographs) while eating my lunch...

(in reply to Edmon)
Post #: 1465
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/2/2021 1:23:09 AM   
rustysi

quote:

after being warned not to.

He was warned. I get it, still not fun.

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 1466
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/2/2021 1:29:27 AM   
rustysi

quote:

I could read an autopsy report (with photographs) while eating my lunch...

I couldn't even watch a video of the eye surgery I had that I found on-line.

For those of us with stronger stomachs it is called scleral-buckling... Look it up.

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 1467
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/2/2021 1:31:48 AM   
rustysi

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

GRUMP!!!

Foot-and-a-half of snow today. And its still going. Just watched the plow bury my driveway... again.

GRUMP!!!!!

< Message edited by rustysi -- 2/2/2021 1:37:01 AM >

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 1468
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/2/2021 11:35:42 AM   
btd64

Yeah, snow ❄ used to be fun but, not so much when you have to ask your back if it's ok to shovel.....
Grump....GP

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 1469
RE: The AE Geezer Thread! - 2/2/2021 3:17:22 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: btd64

Yeah, snow ❄ used to be fun but, not so much when you have to ask your back if it's ok to shovel.....
Grump....GP

Hire a nearby teenager. They need to know how to earn money doing odd jobs and how difficult it is to move windrowed (plowed) snow/ice. I've seen many a car try to bash through a windrow and lose. Besides, the economy needs services to get up and running. Your $20 will start that teen buying burgers and fries which will mean the restaurant buys potatoes and ground beef and buns and farmers will keep doing their thing.

EDIT: Oh, wait! That wasn't grumpy ... I hate lazy teenagers! GRUMP! (how was that?).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 2/2/2021 3:19:25 PM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 1470
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: The AE Geezer Thread! Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI