Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I object..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> I object.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I object.. - 7/22/2002 2:42:42 PM   
Curieus

I haven't looked at the turn yet, so i will not speak about this turns "Landwirtschaftskraftwagen" kills (i assume wer are talking about those unbalanced PzKfz I 20L55) but that first tank killed by AA fire did not die at the first shot. It took at least 3 shots to convince him :-)

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 31
No Generalisimo rbrunsman yet - 7/23/2002 10:11:13 PM   
Curieus

He probably is still sleeping away his hangover. He probably was celebrating. Ugh those copied russian model armoured cars really did a number on what the english call an "infantry tank". Three or four Carden-Lloyds destroyed. That is just war, but some things are war crimes. :mad: Two groups of recon troops executed the incapacited crew of an AT gun. Shooting the wounded is an offense against the Geneva convention. So we executed the guilty recon squads :o I expect rbrunsman to break through in the north. His southern probe is probably a bit demoralised now. 5 casualties from Arty. Meanwhile his 210 mm continues murdering me. A small advise to my opponent. In the north, near your Chevrolet AC's, that 100 mm voley was almost correct. 200 mm more east would even have been better :D

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 32
- 7/25/2002 12:13:57 PM   
rbrunsman

More disinformation from the Colonel about me breaking through in the north. I stick my nose out through the smoke with an AC and what do I get? An AT Rifle and 75mm welcome. No thank you. I'm not going over there. You come over here!:D

As for the rest of the battlefield, we seem to have pounded each other into submission. No one is moving anywhere that I can see.

The middle of the field is a mess and we each have overwatch from the hills behind our lines. Although the Colonels Dutch are coming out ahead in that regard.

We shall see if anyone is brave enough to get closer.

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 33
Disinformation? - 7/25/2002 10:36:40 PM   
Curieus

No my dear opponent, the disinformation is purely on your side. The only two units awake (alive?? OH NO NOT MORE 210MM rounds!! Doesn't it EVER STOP :mad: ) manage to give a few potshots off without result. And no this was not a 75 mm gun. The 75 mm gun is harrassing your scout patrol in the south. What was firing at your AC was this genius of dutch engineering called "8 Staal". An 8 cm AT gun, designed in 1894 nontheless. Yes we dutch had some foresight ;) . Planning for tanks in 1894 :eek: We had to get it out of the musem especially for you. Now don't you feel honoured? :D Unfortunately that year is also the last time that someone modified something on that gun, so its penetration and accuracy are nearly prehistoric :( But at least it gives a nice BLAM :cool: Meanwhile both parties are still doing their best to stiffle any assault in its infancy. Rain all around. Water and Blood. HE and Steel.

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 34
- 7/27/2002 3:47:50 AM   
rbrunsman

With the tanks we're both sporting in this epic battle, an AT gun with the penetration value of a can opener can do some serious damage! So I think your 8 Staal just may do the trick. At least you hit something with yours. My ATs don't hit anywhere near what they are shooting at.

..... New Orders from General Bob.....
All troops that survive this first foray of the New Spanish Empire shall be sent to Germany for proper training about how not to wet your pants and squeal like a girl as soon as the shooting starts! ---- Now get up and move forward! :mad:

This is about as exciting as watching a slap fight the way you men are behaving. It's lucky we are fighting the Dutch and not a "proper" army. :D :p

By the way Curieus, I just saw the new Austin Powers movie last night and they really ripped on the Dutch and Belgians. What do the Brits have against you fine folk anyway?

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 35
- 7/27/2002 6:29:38 AM   
Belisarius

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]By the way Curieus, I just saw the new Austin Powers movie last night and they really ripped on the Dutch and Belgians. What do the Brits have against you fine folk anyway? [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh heh ... welcome to Europe! The Brits don't hold anything against anyone....except that they're European :D :D

Got StuG?

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 36
well,, - 7/27/2002 2:59:54 PM   
Curieus

We had four wars with the english properly called "The english wars" of course the english call them incorrectly "The Dutch wars" We won three and they won one. They claim they won two and lost two. In reality the fourth one was a draw, but econically a loss for the Dutch. But what really irks them is that we sailed into a fortified and locked harbour and towed part of the british fleet home. What we didn't need we cleaned up :D (look for Chattam and De Ruyter ) The reason for those wars? They couldn't have it that we were better traders and more efficient transporters. Their colonies prefered to ship with Dutch ships since we were cheaper. So they issued a law "The navigation act" stating that goods from a country or colony could only be transported by ships from either the originating country (or mother nation) or the destination country. And today they are jealous because despite all their "superpower" status, and special relationship thingies (read: being USA lapdog) their industry is still more antiquated that most of mainlaind industry. Of course having had a war rolling over those mainland industries did help :D Btw, nothing special happened.

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 37
- 7/30/2002 1:54:39 AM   
rbrunsman

Thanks for the history lesson. It's always good to understand the relationships between the Old World countries, since we are so isolated over here. You're all silly and backwards as far as we in the USA is concerned.:D

I'm sorry to report that your scouts in the south won't be sending any more reports about my troop movements in those woods. And, your bicycle squads better stay on their side of your mine field if they don't want to get the same treatment those first interlopers did!

Finally, since that 8 staal was shooting so straight from the rocky hill in the north, I figured he hadn't been smoking his daily allotment of Amsterdam Hash, so I sent some 100mm smokes his way. I don't think he will be bothering any more of my troops now. :p

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 38
ugh - 7/30/2002 3:02:53 AM   
Curieus

Could you please tell me where you got that coat of invulnerability +2 you use as standard equipment on your personel and machinery? Not to mention those hats of inaccurary, several shots at 40% no hits. Even a bounce of a 75mm AT grenade on that wimpy armour of that tiznao de apoyo. I don't know which paint you are using, but i want a batch :rolleyes:

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 39
- 8/1/2002 6:25:09 AM   
rbrunsman

You should do what I do and just walk right up next to your target and blast it to bits. --- I finally got a couple of my troops free of suppression enough to engage your men up close and personal. Say goodbye to a MC squad and an 8 staal.

And I finally spotted that d_mn AAA that has been taking shots at my armor. You can expects some "attention" in that area very soon. :D

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 40
Only minor things - 8/2/2002 2:40:15 PM   
Curieus

Only minor things are happening. We sent your MC squad back home to tell of your impending victory. They were so motivated that they moved so fast that disappeared from sight, just vanished man, i tell you :D

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 41
That word of victory - 8/6/2002 3:49:09 AM   
Curieus

apparently did quite motivate the spanish. They are appearing like roaches from behind the cupboard where you are spraying. Off course this behaviour is so spectacular that my front line troops can do nothing but point and drool (Remember this is even before B.Gates was born, i already told you we dutch have some foresight :D ). Or was that because of that invisible artillery bombardment. (No shells in the movie, but suppression figures indicate 210mm shells :( ) The only bright side is dutch hospitality whereby general rbrunsman is being releived of the pressure of coordinating two armoured 81mm mortars thanks to a judicious application of 75mm AA shells.:p

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 42
Re: That word of victory - 8/6/2002 4:57:28 AM   
rbrunsman

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Curieus
[B]The only bright side is dutch hospitality whereby general rbrunsman is being releived of the pressure of coordinating two armoured 81mm mortars thanks to a judicious application of 75mm AA shells.:p [/B][/QUOTE]

:mad: :mad: :mad: Those are my favorite units!

I haven't seen the turn yet, but you can rest assured that if you have harmed my mobile 81mms, the full wrath of the Nat. Spain Army (such as it is:rolleyes: ) will come down upon you on my last turn!

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 43
- 8/7/2002 1:38:21 AM   
rbrunsman

Sure enough! Those blasted guns of his have a long reach!:mad:

And, since his arty is so powerful I had to satisfy my desire for revenge on my last turn by killing one infantry unit and routing one engineer(?) squad with my recon vehicles in the south. It cost me a recon vehicle (due to yet another **** AT gun!) to do it though.

Oh well, my turns are over and we shall wait to see what the Colonel can do with his troops to take some of the VHs, as I have all three VH clusters in the middle of the field. To blunt the effectiveness of his guns against my swarming AFVs, I smoked the whole line, north to south, with my remaining smoke from my mortars. Unless the Colonel has something up his sleeve that I am totally unaware of, I believe the Nat. Spain Army will be looking for its next "colony" to bring into the new Glorious Spanish Empire.

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 44
Dutch OOB, final outcome and presumptive evaluation - 8/7/2002 3:08:43 AM   
Curieus

A) HQ B) Command post Ammo carrier 75 mm AA C) Command post Ammo carrier 75 mm AA 8 Staal AT 8 Staal AT E, F,S,T) 13 MC squads G) 3x M38 AC H) 3x M36 AC I, J, k) 3x 4x Cardenloyd (1 MG infantry tank) L,M) FO N,O) 6x 15cm Howitzer (off board) P,Q) 4x 12cm Howitzer (off board) R, BH) 8x Gun Team U,V,W) 9 sniper X,Y) 6x scouts AA,AB,AC,AD) 12 x schwarzlose HMG AE, AF) 8x bicycle infantry AG) 2x sapper AH-AR) 8x 20mm solothurn AT rifle 8x 6cm mortar 26x NL rifle squad AS,BE) 8 Daf heavy trucks BF) 4x horse cart AT,AU) 6x 8 Staal AT AV, AW, AX) 12x 7Veld inf gun AY, AZ) 4x 4cm AA BA) 3x 6cm mortar BB, BC, BD) 6x 20mm AA On the OOB: The commandpost were essential for rallying those AA guns, although i goofed a bit and forgot to attach some more (as i intended to do) Most of the snipers (6x) were intended to keep an eye on the back area in order to spot infiltrators. The 6 AC were all the "real" armour i could buy. The 12 Carden lloyd were bought in the hope that they'd be less impressed by artillery fire. A false hope :( Trucks and gunteams were used massively in the north to move infantry and guns. A few were held in reserve for moving guns behind defensive positions. Score: E NL men 276 395 art 0 6 soft 0 5 AFV 8 10 points 4780 1345 Spain marginal victory. Evaluation: IMHO spain had several advantages: All the victory hexes were 9 hexes closer to spain than to NL, and spain was the first one to move. The terrain also slighly favoured spain. In the south A high ridge on the spanish side overlooked the VH. In the middle a wood shielded the hexes from my sight. The north hexes could be called "equal" opportunity. A second advantage was that spain had a broader choice of armour and mobile troops. He did use the mobility, but i am not so sure he used his armour as well as possible. On average spanish equipment is also better (and quite a lot) than dutch equipment. The dutch plan was to fortify along the south and middle and to attack on the north wing. The southern flank was pretty much stripped from infantry, with only 1 platoon(?) infantry covering the the south, Because of this this section of the front was reinforced with minefields covering 70% of this parts' front line 1 Infantry company covered the middle and 2 sappers were used linking the middle with the northern attack where the rest of the men were loaded in trucks and used in the north. What really stopped my attack were the 210 mm artillery shells. Where those had fallen all units would have 99 suppression and be impossible to rally, not to mention the horrendous casaulties. Perhaps i should have stopped the attack the moment the Artillery started. At that time i still thought that there was a possibility to setup an overwatch over the northern victory hexes. In the end the combination of rain and artillery made this battle quite a static one. On a side note, i was actually amazed, that given the amount of armour spain seemed to have, they did not even try to attack. They had at least a 2:1 numerical superiority, and if we subtract the carden lloyds it becomes closer to 4:1 or higher. Perhaps that Rbrunsman can tell more. In the buying i had problems with the rarity mainly with the AC's and a complete lack of AT platoons, i wanted to have at least 1 AT rifle per carden-lloyd. Another bummer was the lack of infiltration units available :( On the scoring: Most of the causualties (excluding AFV's on both sides) were caused by artillery and the big difference in scoring is mainly caused by the VH. Still the casualties on the dutch side are quite a bit higher, so i congratulate rbrunsman with going to the next round. But really you foolish spaniard, if you think one battle constitutes 80 years you are wrong. We lost this one, and we will lose some more, but look up in your history in the end you will loose. As soon are the fighting reaches the real polders you will drown in water and your homefront in sorrow. :D

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 45
A side note - 8/8/2002 3:46:34 PM   
Curieus

As i am not sure how the tone of the "analysis" above will be interpreted, i wish to make sure that the following is my opinion: Despite those minor spanish advantages, i would like to state that i learned much from rbrunsman, and he deservedly won. The only major point against him was that he didn't follow *MY* battleplan :D

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 46
- 8/9/2002 12:40:52 AM   
rbrunsman

I didn't take your post badly. I was just waiting for you to send me your last turn so I could see what you did and then report back with my OOBs. I can't access the game without your save files.

How about a rematch with some proper armies?

(in reply to Curieus)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> I object.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI