Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship Component Links

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Ship Component Links Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship Component Links - 3/26/2010 4:10:10 AM   
RonLugge

Just to explore, I poked around inside the ship design screen. Ship components all have underlines, indicating that they are links, and when I mouse over them the mouse flickers to the 'click on' icon before loosing it. For some reason, I can't get the cursor to recognize that it's over a link for more than a second or two before it gives up!
Post #: 1
RE: Ship Component Links - 3/26/2010 4:40:01 AM   
elliotg

Although those component names have underlines, in those particular lists they are not hyperlinks, i.e. they don't do anything when clicked.

To obtain info on a component in the Design screen do the following: 1. select the component in either the Available components list at left or the Ship components list in the middle 2. the panel at the bottom-left of the screen will display basic details on the selected component 3. click the "Show Component Guide" button for more details on the component

(in reply to RonLugge)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship Component Links - 3/26/2010 7:14:58 PM   
RonLugge

Then why does the mouse icon flicker over to look like a link?  O.o

Thanks for the info, though!  So much to learn about just one screen... .sigh!

There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship Component Links - 3/27/2010 1:15:29 AM   
RonLugge

BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!

(in reply to RonLugge)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship Component Links - 3/27/2010 1:58:53 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: RonLugge BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean there. Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks Elliot

(in reply to RonLugge)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship Component Links - 3/27/2010 6:52:35 PM   
RonLugge

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: RonLugge BTW, on the component guide, there's a little light in the corner...  is that supposed to indicate whether you have it researched or not?  It'd be nice if you had lights for resource concerns too (i. e. one light to indicate no stockpile of a needed resource, another to indicate no source... if both lit, don't use!).  Some way to see from inside the ship design screen the resource availability for various parts would be very nice!
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean there. Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks Elliot

I mistook the component icon for some kind of indicator light telling me what I could or couldn't build; now I just feel silly.

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Ship Component Links Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI