Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Crash Report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Crash Report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Crash Report - 3/30/2010 3:30:59 AM   
lordxorn

Pre Patch 1.02 I had no crashes, now they seem to pop up. I am attaching a screenshot.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 4:11:35 AM   
malkuth74

I have had too crashes too. I get a windows 7 box that says this progrram has had an unexpected error or something.

The funny thing is that I can still play the game and save it while that box is up. LOL. But once you choose ok then game shuts down (windows forcing the game closed)

So glad I can save though with a crash. Thats funny if you think about it. (just make sure you save as. For you start a new save, and don't save over a good one)

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 2
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 4:42:42 AM   
malkuth74

Well never mind. The save comes out currupt even though you can still save it. I just tried to continue my game and played for maybe 5 mins then it crashed again. Dam. I will have to use my older save that is like hour and half behind where I was which totally sucks!

This is why you have to have autosaves. Sometimes you get so into the game you just forget to save the game.

And by the way this is a New game under the new version you just released. Windows 7 64 Bit.

I will upload the save file as crash, you can play the save and it will crash since the save is currupted now. hopefully you will be able to find what it is.

The Saved file is uploaded and called: malkuthcrash329.dwg

< Message edited by malkuth74 -- 3/30/2010 4:48:01 AM >

(in reply to malkuth74)
Post #: 3
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 5:51:58 AM   
Hussar712

Im getting the same problem Malkuth, im gonna upload my save too.

and i was so close to finishing the construction of a superweapon

ETA* ive got it uploaded, it's named "Hussar712-March30th-Error", disregard the other one i uploaded.

< Message edited by Hussar712 -- 3/30/2010 6:18:09 AM >

(in reply to malkuth74)
Post #: 4
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 2:57:28 PM   
Erik Rutins

Thank you for the reports, I'm sorry there are still some crashes going on but the saves are helping us find and fix these ASAP. We've been able to find a couple more crash causes in 1.02 that will be resolved in the next update. Please keep reporting and uploading saves if they crash for you and hopefully we'll get this all sorted out quickly.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hussar712)
Post #: 5
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 2:58:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hussar712 and i was so close to finishing the construction of a superweapon ETA* ive got it uploaded, it's named "Hussar712-March30th-Error", disregard the other one i uploaded.

Thanks, was this also in a game that was started in 1.0.2? I ask because the superweapon was one of the 1.0.0/1.0.1 problems that could corrupt the save and cause crashes. If you started work on the superweapon before 1.0.2 that could have caused the problem that later created the crash.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hussar712)
Post #: 6
RE: Crash Report - 3/30/2010 4:17:17 PM   
Hussar712

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Thanks, was this also in a game that was started in 1.0.2? I ask because the superweapon was one of the 1.0.0/1.0.1 problems that could corrupt the save and cause crashes. If you started work on the superweapon before 1.0.2 that could have caused the problem that later created the crash.

It was a new game from 1.02

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Crash Report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI