Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! - 4/3/2010 1:22:30 PM   
RavenX

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

I've been playing DW since the day it was released, and I have had no crashes at all. Now admittedly I do have a high-spec Laptop, but even in my latest game with a 1400-star galaxy there has been no crashes.

I must also add that I've also had no Economy crashes also, and I believe the reason is that I run everything. That means no automation what-so-ever. I learnt this from War in the Pacific, never ever lit the AI run anything, never!

That's a general "Rule of Gaming" to me, brother. I always want full control of my Empire/Nation/Army etc etc. Always, always, ALWAYS, do it your-self....if you don't do it your-self then don't moan and complain when the AI doesn't do a good job. I don't know anyone that buys a game so they can watch it play its-self for them. Having a AI that's capable of handling minor tasks so the player doesn't have too can be a good thing, but when learning to play the game these things should be turned off by default so the player can learn and understand how they work before handing them off to the AI. If you don't know how a system works then you won't know what the AI does wrong and how to correct it.

The words of "Forest Gump" were never more apt then in situations like this. "Stupid is as stupid does"...or in this case, doesn't do...lol.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 31
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Crash, bang , wallop!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI