Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? - 4/11/2010 3:13:04 PM   
Gertjan

Good to hear that I may have helped you ;)

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 31
RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? - 4/11/2010 5:37:04 PM   
Grotius

I like slow research too, and right now I'm playing with just 100 stars so that I can learn the game better. If you go to 1000 stars, the actual size of the galaxy doesn't change, does it? Just the star density?

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 32
RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? - 4/11/2010 7:42:05 PM   
Okim

100 star galaxy, very slow research, other things set to minimal. Peaceful atmosphere, 5-7 races, 25 years of play. I play with everything switched to manual, no automation at all.

I figured that strategical supremacy is much more interesting than sandbox 'kill them all' or any of 33%-games. By the year 15-20 all empires are already expanded and the real game of diplomacy, intelligence and war begins. I enjoy splitting my more powerful rivals into two/three factions by inciting revolutions or provoking the most powerful foe by blockading his planets. While his ships are hunting my intruders his reputation falls down to a point where asking others to declare war on him costs no more that 10-25K :)

Tried to play 1000 and 1400, but quickly abandoned it. That`s too much to control there and its not so funny to have hundred of stars in 3-4 sectors. I honestly thought that larger games will have larger galaxies, not just tightly packed versions of 100-400 galaxies :(

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 33
RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? - 4/11/2010 7:50:39 PM   
Titanwarrior89

Same here 1000 stars-20 empires. Takes about 5 to 10 minutes for the game to save.
quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

1000 stars 20 Empires with very slow research.I like the the long expansion,exploration phase with large empires that you do not meet until much later.The new patch will help with some issues that hurt large galaxy playing.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 34
RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? - 4/12/2010 8:34:49 AM   
Fishman

I play on the 700-star one, not by choice, but because every bigger size causes the game to meet with a horrible and gruesome demise.

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: How big is your galaxy and why do you play it? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI