Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Planetary Surrender

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Planetary Surrender Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 1:19:27 AM   
Malevolence

I suggest that while my fleet controls the skies of an enemy planet, I should be permitted to offer them the chance to unconditionally surrender or suffer the pain of my nuclear bombardment.

I should be considered less evil than if I had just bombarded the planet to dust.

Nicht kleckern, sondern klotzen!

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.
Post #: 1
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 1:36:50 AM   
Erik Rutins

Good suggestion, please post it in the master wish list.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Malevolence)
Post #: 2
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 1:41:51 AM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Good suggestion, please post it in the master wish list.

Thanks. and done.

*Please remember all posts are made by a malevolent, autocratic despot whose rule is marked by unjust severity and arbitrary behavior. Your experiences may vary.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 1:58:55 AM   
Fishman

You can bombard planets to dust? How does one do that? I have firestorm-equipped cruisers, but they do not appear to bombard when ordered to attack.

Post #: 4
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 2:02:34 AM   
Krelos

Indeed, I have not yet been able to get any ship of mine to bombard any planet, regardless of the bombardment weapons they have.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 5
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 2:17:20 AM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Krelos

Indeed, I have not yet been able to get any ship of mine to bombard any planet, regardless of the bombardment weapons they have.

Yes, it is a GREAT PAIN. But when you are an evil despot, you don't let such things stand in your way.

(1) Make a ship strictly for bombardment. Because I bomb early and often, I use Nuclear Devastators most of the time. Don't put lasers and torps, etc. on it. If you do, and you right-click on the planet they will want to blockade instead of bombard.

(this is one of many "issues" with the default order routine the command interface uses. I would prefer to pick the command I want, but that is another thread.)

(2) Put all your bombardment ships in a fleet all their own. No one else.

(3) Use another fleet to clear the aerospace above your target. Everything must be gone in terms of bases.

(4) Select a bunch of ships from your bombardment fleet using the shift-select or drag-box (where it says "(multiple ships)" in the summary window). Don't use the fleet-select to grab your whole fleet. Keep it to around 5 or 6 ships. Why? I don't know. For some reason, my fleet of ten ships refuses to bombard the planet, unless I do it this way.

(5) Right-click on the planet. You will get the option to bombard.

(6) Put on your evil grin and watch their world die in a fury of nuclear fire.

rinse and repeat...

Some notes... any race that makes up the population of that world you killed will immediately hate you. So even if it's a world owned by the Dhayut empire, if there are Securan's on that world, the Securan empire is going to declare war on you. If your own race is there, expect a good portion of your empire to likely revolt (depending on your race/government types). You can't be a good guy and bombard. White hat people need not apply.

However, if you have the stones for it, planned, simultaneous bombardment strikes across an enemy empire will wreck their economy.

< Message edited by Malevolence -- 4/12/2010 2:20:46 AM >

(in reply to Krelos)
Post #: 6
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 2:36:31 AM   
Erik Rutins

Holding down the Shift key while targeting the planet should also allow you to bombard.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 7
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 3:18:09 AM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Holding down the Shift key while targeting the planet should also allow you to bombard.

Do you sleep?

So I can override any default command by holding down shift when right-clicking?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 8
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 6:53:50 AM   
Gertjan

Lol you didnt know that yet :)

Post #: 9
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 8:28:29 AM   
Malevolence

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

Lol you didnt know that yet :)

How would I know?

Is there a manual fairy out there?!?! My AA guns probably shot her down.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 10
RE: Planetary Surrender - 4/12/2010 10:11:21 AM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malevolence

Do you sleep?
He probably does. I mean, I don't sleep, and if I were running this show, the patch would be out NOW. And then another one in about 5 minutes after someone else reports something. And soforth. That's what happens when you don't sleep.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Planetary Surrender Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI