Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Barbarossa Begins

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Barbarossa Begins Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Barbarossa Begins - 9/10/2010 10:13:24 AM   
GrumpyMel

China: China continues to be a grist mill for both sides. Japanese are threatening Sian and may possibly take it this turn... though it will cost them heavly. With 2 factories now online, I believe I can bare this loss...though I am doing my best to avoid it. I think Winter is hampering me more then the Japs. Our engineers have constructed a road between Chungking and Sian...this may help us to hold the city if we can withstand this turn.

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 61
RE: Barbarossa Begins - 9/12/2010 1:26:10 AM   
GrumpyMel

Feb 1942,

The West: Not much to report in Europe. We continue to make some use of Partisans in France. The air defence net over the Continent is too strong for us to make much use of bombers. We await the Spring and a chance to build up US forces.

In Africa, the Italians are dug in hard, with lots of forces. No advance from us this turn, it would be too bloody. However we are building up our forces. More importantly, we have a different strategy here. We will use the Italians numbers against them by choking off thier supplies. Which brings us to our biggest news of the turn... the Italian Navy is no more. The Royal Navy High Seas Fleet along with the aid of US Submarines caught the Regia Marina off the coast of Tunisia where they were bombarding our ground forces. Hemming them in from 3 sides, we attacked. The battle was decisive and with no route for escape, all of the enemy ships were sent to the bottom with the loss of only 1 BB and 1 DD on our side. The Med is now ours, and we will starve the Italians in Africa.

In the Pacific we continue to build our forces. Singapore is under seige by the Japanese Navy. The Indian Air Force manages to catch and sink a lone Japanese DD in the Indian Ocean. Meanwhile we step up our aid to China, as she looks to be in trouble with heavy Japanese forces on the outskirts of Kunming.

Pictured below is our naval action in the Med with the Italians

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 62
RE: Barbarossa Begins - 9/12/2010 2:04:10 AM   
GrumpyMel

Russia: Not much to report. Winter hampers my operations almost as much as it does the Germans. We continue to build our forces and await what the Spring holds. The Germans still have a strong army, but they have not advanced as far as they should have...and we have bleed them heavly. We'll see how well they can put together an offensive once the weather breaks.

Pictured below are our lines in the North which have held steady for the past few months.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 63
RE: Barbarossa Begins - 9/12/2010 2:34:49 AM   
GrumpyMel

China: Winter lays heavly upon us...and the Japanese have huge armies poised on the doorsteps of Kunming and Sian. I fear the Spring...but we still have some fight left in us. So far the Japs haven't taken these cities yet.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Barbarossa Begins Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI