Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus - 9/17/2010 11:24:55 PM   
Tufkal2

Japanese Empire Update:
In addition to the good news from Germany we manage to take Chungking finally. China is now liberated and free again. On the other hand we lost Bankock to a Western relief army. But we are now able to shift some ground units from China against the West again.
The Western air campaign is inflicting its toll but we are not yet critically low on supply. Building engineers and flak II to counter this.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 121
RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus - 9/18/2010 4:35:52 AM   
GrumpyMel

July 31, 1942

The Atlantic: Things continue to go well here for now, with lots of supplies being interdicted. Only a single U-boat was lost last turn, to patroling CAG's. The West seems to have withdrawn most of his naval forces from view. We were only able to find and sink 2 DD's on patrol. Not sure what he is upto, likely my renewed offensive here caught him off guard... and he is reorganizing his fleets to deal with the situation.

France: Enemy forces launched a small local attack out of Bordeaux, pushing back the infantry unit I had screening the city with some losses, but they did not follow up with a ground advance. Things are static on the ground for now and I moved the infantry unit back into place with replacements. I brought some artillery to bare on Bordeaux again, doing light damage to the city. We discovered the enemy had reoccupied the airfield to the south again. A recon flight discovered a Free French HQ occupying it and enemy fighters flying CAP from the city. This was an opportunity presenting itself, I had wanted to draw the enemy fighters into an air battle, but was expecting that I would take losses due to the cruisers at anchor in Bordeaux if I struck the city itself. With the enemy flying CAP over the air base, I could engage them in a dogfight without that worry. I sent all Luftwaffe fighters based in France into the battle. The results, pictured below, were a decisive victory for me.

In his turn the West did strike my CAG's in Cherbourg with his own air...and while I lost some, he also took losses due to flak. This turn I replaced the lost CAG's. All in all, I am satisfied with the situation in Western Europe.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 122
RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus - 9/18/2010 4:52:44 AM   
GrumpyMel

Russia - Center & North: This turn saw the destruction of the Soviet Northern Army, along with the capture of Central HQ and most of the remaining forces under it's command. Only the 1st Shock Army remains a viable fighting force in this sector.

The Soviet Commander decided to execute a withdrawl on his turn, pulling his forces back toward the Urals. Unfortunately the order came too late for most of his troops. Lacking mobility, they did not get far and we caught most while they were attempting to withdraw. With no air or artillery protection, the Soviets were easy targets for us. We exacuted a large number of attacks upon retreating formations, using air and artillery to badly weaken them before moving in on the ground. Entire Soviet formations evaporated under our attacks and 2 whole Soviet Armies have now ceased to be viable fighting forces with thier HQ's captured and most of thier troops destroyed.

I expect the Soviets will try to withdraw to the Urals and hold there as long as they can. They still have some forces left, but the War is pretty much done for them I think.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 123
RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus - 9/18/2010 4:53:40 AM   
GrumpyMel

Here is a picture of my ending positions in this sector.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 124
RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus - 9/18/2010 5:01:43 AM   
GrumpyMel

Russia - Southern Sector: Things continue to go badly in the South. On his turn, the Soviet commander executed a devastating air attack against my artillery position in the Crimea, destroying most of it. On my turn I tried to respond with a strategic bombing raid against Sebastopol, figuruing that with the city isolated, destroying it's supply production would be the easiest way to take it. However I lost 2 bombers for little damage to the city. It's clear that I need to do something in this sector to turn things around. With the victories in the North, I'm starting to pump large numbers of fresh forces into here, hopefully we'll realize some results from this soon.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: WAW6T- Axis GrumpyMel and Lunaticus Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI