Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/4/2010 6:15:53 PM   
82ndtrooper

I had built a new airfield in England on a narrow part of the channel. This was the first time i have done that, and my idea was to see if i could spot subs as that passed by hoping for a little better intel.

Well Germany moved some artillery in and shelled the airfield destroying 4 fighters! ouch.

I never even thought about them being able to do that. My opponent is a skilled and crafty player ,if I make a mistake he makes me pay for it.

Attachment (1)

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 61
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/11/2010 11:25:32 PM   
82ndtrooper

no action at all in the Atlantic which is good for me.  I can see the Germans invading to the east through Russia and wish I could do more to help.

But the next few turns will be interesting I believe.

I have a nice defense set up in India and Burma and this turn I bought heavy infantry II so that should make my defenses even better.

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/17/2010 5:22:42 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 62
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/17/2010 1:16:35 AM   
82ndtrooper

well another quite month in the Atlantic.
I have finally finished all the construction on my defenses in Burma.

now its time to concentrate on building up forces and getting some air defenses set up.
The biggest threat from japan now is his large carrier air force, so next step is to build a factory and start cranking out as many fighter III as I can before his invasion comes my way.

also notice the two units at the top and top left with the black stripe.

Those are just supply depots, I have tons of supply so i am sending all i can to them so if i do lose Mandalay and /or Calcutta, I will have some extra supply to hold on with just in case. I need to hold on long enough for the USA to get going and get some help in the area.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/17/2010 5:23:02 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 63
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/18/2010 11:27:24 PM   
ezto

Sorry for the lack of posts. I find posting pictures here extremely difficult. Anyways, the Germans have invaded Russia and the Japanese have done the same to China. I have chosen to fall back on both instances rather than engage. I will begin to engage they Japanese after they launch Peal Harbor and I will counter attack the Germans as soon as I see an exposed flank. The German a lot of armor in Russia, which worries me. However, he has no presence in the Atlantic and that could hurt him sooner than later. We shall see.

Post #: 64
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/19/2010 2:44:46 AM   
82ndtrooper

Ezto download a free program that I use called "Screenhunter 5.1" it makes it very easy to take screenshots and post them. I could really use some intel on what is happening with you.

82nd Airborne Division

(in reply to ezto)
Post #: 65
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/19/2010 3:43:34 AM   
82ndtrooper

well its july 41.
The Atlantic has been quiet for months, allowing me to build up my forces enough that now I am able to invade Europe.
I have not only complete control of the Atlantic, I also have such an overwhelming force advantage that I can blockade the whole Atlantic and launch an Invasion of Europe without much fear of the Axis being able to interfere. All I can guess is that he has focused so much on his invasion of Russia that he neglected the war for the Atlantic.

This will now cost him.

I apologize for not posting my plans earlier but I am a military man and when doing a secret operation I believe in a complete communication blackout. The only person who knew anything was Ezto and I didn't give him any real details.

This invasion is a little premature and if I had not been able to build up my navy as easy as I have been, I would never have done it.

But in this version the Axis had the "pressure axis allies card" which has since been removed. This card allows them to blow through the Balkans without any resistance and lets them invade southern Russia much sooner. This is extremely hard on an experienced Russian player, much less a player who is playing against other people for the first time like Ezto.

I knew I had to do something to take the pressure off of Russia as soon as I could or the Germans would steam roll him fast.

So as you can see in the screen shots following I have invaded southwestern France.
This is not just a feint, I intend for this to be my main invasion and will do my best to keep my beachhead and build up my forces.

here is my strategic analysis of the situation.

I choose to invade and capture Bordeaux because its easy to defend with Vichy established. all I have to worry about is the river to the north.

as you can see i already blew the only bridge across it. Making it all but imposable for the Germans to reinforce.

Now with Vichy in place all i have to do is take Bordeaux and then defend the river to the north while i pump all the units i can into Bordeaux. I have to hold on till December when the USA starts to come online.

As long as Vichy is in place i have a very small front to defend.
I will have to defend mainly with an infantry army but I have infantry II and heavy Infantry II, I will reinforce them with antitank guns and infantry guns I. the good thing is I have fighters III. so I should have air superiority. This will be key.

now Germany has a hard couple of choices to make.

1. First he has to push me back into the sea by December. If he doesn't, then I will be pumping huge amounts of forces into Bordeaux and he will have an extremely hard time stopping me (because the USA will come online then).
To do this he will have to withdraw at least a full Army Group from the Russian Front. ( which is what I want.) In my opinion he has to do this no matter what.

2. he has to decide whether or not to declare war on Vichy. (this is a hard choice for him)
If he doesn't then I have a very small easily defended beachhead. And he will have a very difficult time dislodging me since i have air superiority.

If he does than I get all the Vichy troops in Europe and the french navy, plus I get Marseilles. Also this will open up North Africa for me.

if he doesn't and I hold on like i hope i can then when the time is right, if I need too, i will declare war on Vichy. It doesn't matter if he gets the french navy because my naval power is such now that it wont help him.

Germany can definitely throw me back into the sea, but to do so I think he will have to pull a full Army group back from Russia. Which will take the pressure off of Ezto/Russia. (This is my goal.)

I want to make this clear.
I know I am up against a very skilled opponent and this is a risk like anything in war. He has the skill and the resources to defeat me. But I feel he has allowed me to build up my navy to the point that I can come out on top.
The next 5 months are crucial.
The only thing in my opinion that could really hurt me is if he was to have 15 or 20 subs in reserve. If he does than things will get real ugly real fast.

ok here are the screen shots.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/19/2010 9:18:09 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 66
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/19/2010 3:48:43 AM   
82ndtrooper

above was a screen shot of my invasion forces. Trust me I have more in reserve to reinforce with if i can take Bordeaux and establish a beachhead but not much.

Also you can see my blockade of the English Channel.

below is screen shot of my blockade of the north Atlantic.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/19/2010 4:32:15 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 67
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/19/2010 3:52:48 AM   
82ndtrooper

here you can see my blockade of Gibraltar. Closing off the Med.

as you can see i have a nice navy built up and its larger than I have showed in these screen shots.
Whats really surprising is ,I blockaded the Atlantic last turn and the Axis never noticed.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/19/2010 3:53:35 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 68
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/19/2010 3:56:10 AM   
82ndtrooper

So there you have it.

What do you folks think ?

July of 41 is very early to be invading
While I do have a handful of units in reserve ,I don't have much. I will be hanging on by my fingernails. I will need 2 or 3 turns to get a real defense set up so I can hold on while i produce brand new units. If it wasn't for the location with Vichy and the river I don't think this would have a prayer of working. Also if I wasn't able to blockade the Atlantic this would have no chance.

So will Germany squash me like a bug?
or will I be able to force him to pull forces back from Russia to deal with me ?
That is really my whole goal, take the pressure off of Russia.

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/19/2010 4:35:27 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 69
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/23/2010 2:04:58 PM   
82ndtrooper

ok we have a beachhead, and men and equipment are starting to poor into France. There was one sub that was behind my blockade i guess or somehow it sneaked through. As you can see it destroyed a lot of supply but was finally sunk. This is troublesome to me because I have no idea where it came from.

Germany was also able to blow the bridge on the north side of Bordeaux which has cut off one on my main divisions from supply. I will have to move that unit via transport until I can get that bridge repaired. I have an engineer unit on the way but it will take 3 or 4 turns most likely until I can get it fixed.

I was able to blow the bridge to the west of Paris but lost 1 LB to flak in the operation. Anything I can do to slow him down though is a help.

My limited scouting has found no reinforcements or engineers on the way so that is a good sign.

5 more turns until Japan has to use the pacific Blitz card or lose it and once that's played the USA comes online,so its a race against time. So far everything has gone as well as could be expected.

I have a second small Army, do I reinforce what I have or do I make a second invasion and open up another beachhead ? I may keep it in reserve and watch the situation for a couple turns.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 70
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/23/2010 2:08:47 PM   
82ndtrooper

and in India my defenses are going well and i was able to get that factory built so Fighter III's are being built as fast as possible. I should have 10 or 12 by the time Japan is at war with me and that should help against his carrier air.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 71
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/30/2010 2:05:37 AM   
82ndtrooper

The Germans are responding to my invasion and a little quicker than I expected.

first they destroyed my unit that was caught north of the blown bridge, hitting it with 18 fighter II, I defended with 5 fighter III they lost 2 fighter II and I lost 3 fighter III which isn't bad considering it was 18 to 5. then he built a bridge across the river and hit the unit with a armor unit and some artillery.
My unit was reduced from 40 inf II and 10 motor II to 3 inf. it was completely ruined. This hurts because it was one of my strongest offensive units but it was trapped out of supply and I could do nothing to help it.

I was able to blow the newly built bridge at the loss of 2 LB. but it puts his units out of supply.
I then hit his armor unit with 3 different carrier air strikes and killed a light tank and a medium tank losing 3 carrier air in the process, but i left his armor unit at 23% readiness and with it being out of supply now it wont be able to do anything for a couple turns.

I will land my engineer unit next turn and then it will take a turn or two until I can get that bridge repaired.

I have 7 fighter III in Bordeaux now and if all goes well next turn ill have 14, which should be able to stop his air strikes.

Once I gain air superiority I will be able to double the amount of troops and equipment I am sending to Bordeaux and he will need much more than he has shown so far to dislodge me.

Right now I am concentrating on defensive forces like fighters,infantry,machine guns and anti tank guns. Once I feel comfortable in my defensive situation I will start sending in dive bombers,armor, mortars etc... and attempt a break out. But at this point in the game my production is very limited and it will be touch and go for the next few turns.

I have plans to open another front soon and take some pressure off of this front but the question is where ?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/30/2010 2:11:07 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 72
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/30/2010 2:06:38 AM   
82ndtrooper

these are the totals for the turn. Not a good turn for me but not too bad either I guess.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 7/30/2010 2:07:06 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 73
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/30/2010 2:08:52 AM   
82ndtrooper

and last I sent 8 squads of flying tigers to help out china leaving me with 3 pp. But china is in need of help.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 74
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/30/2010 8:53:33 AM   
cveta

Your idea of early overlord is wrong on my opinion. If you wont to help SU take Bremen in Norway so you may send supplay to SU. Also lots of small attacks are beter than 1 large. If I am you I will withrov from France and make smal raid parties all acroos Europe. And one of them may capture port so you may reinforce it.
When you hit few playces ( Norway, France,Italy, Greece, Balkans, Belgium ) with small parties German must put much more of his soldiers to defend all and one who defend all loses all. We know thate
Thouse are just my thoughts, so dont take them too serius

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups

Post #: 75
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/30/2010 6:17:21 PM   
ehzorg

Careful he doesn't get Arty in range of Bordeaux - that could be disastrous for your air power.

(in reply to cveta)
Post #: 76
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 7/31/2010 4:16:31 PM   
82ndtrooper

well cveta, I certainly cant argue with you. You very well could be right, but I have to do something to help Russia and I like to try something new and different in every game I play. I think this will be very interesting to see how it plays out and if I do get defeated I haven't lost anything and I am sure its a real concern to Germany right now.

Ehzorg, due to Vichy being established for him to get arty in range of Bordeaux it will have to get in range of my carrier air. Not to mention in a couple turns ill have dive bombers and my own artillery present. This turn since the bridge is blown his units will be out of supply and low on readiness, the question is how fast can he repair the bridge and how fast can I keep blowing it. If I can keep the bridges down then his units south of the river will be useless.
I will have to divert some production to level bombers I am afraid, if I am going to be able to keep up.

I don't want to say exactly how much I have in Bordeaux but I have enough anti tank guns and machine guns there that he will have a hard time getting me out of it especially since he can only attack me across that one blown bridge. Vichy is a huge help for me right now.

4 turns max until USA comes online can I hold on till then ?

82nd Airborne Division

(in reply to ehzorg)
Post #: 77
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:34:20 PM   
82ndtrooper

September 26, 1941
things are going as well as I could hope for in Europe. I cant wait until the USA gets in the game though and that should be within the next 3 turns.
I am right on the very edge of my production and supply capabilities in the European theater. My beachhead forces have doubled in size and I finally got my engineer unit moved there so next turn the city will be at 100%. My air-forces are reaching parity with what the axis have shown me, so the air war is going well. he attacked me again last turn with 16 FT-II and I defended with 7 FT-III killing three of his and losing two of mine. Now I have 11 FT-III there and unless he has reinforced he is down to 12 because I killed another one when I re-blew the bridge he had repaired.

All of his forces close to Bordeaux are at 77% readiness or less from being out of supply and my air-strikes on them. Next turn I will have a squadron of dive bombers there and the turn after will start striking his forces with those.
I have this feeling that he has a counter blow planned and it will hit me at any moment. But I am as prepared as I can be so we will have to see what happens and how things work out.
This is why I am so eager for the USA to get into the fight. I need that production !!!

Honestly I am surprised I haven't already seen a stronger response from the Axis, he must have really stripped the western front to focus on Russia. Its reaching the point if he doesn't do something soon it will be too late.

I have put my full battle plan into action now so things will start heating up in other theaters now, but more about that in a minute. lets get a few screen shots out of the way first.

this is the screenie of his air attack on me.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 78
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:36:13 PM   
82ndtrooper

here is the screen shot of the results of his arty strike on me. You can see that my strategy of keeping the bridges blown so his units are out of supply is working.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 79
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:39:19 PM   
82ndtrooper

this is the screen of the current situation. you can see the new units I landed and the engineer unit. I also docked my main battle fleet in Bordeaux so if he does another air attack he is really in for a surprise.

Attachment (1)

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 80
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:49:36 PM   
82ndtrooper

Now for the other Battle plan.

I moved 2 CAG's and a Battle Fleet too Gibraltar over the last few turns and have now assigned them to North Africa Command.
Their mission objectives are as follows.

1. Link up with the Royal Navy Mediterranean fleets
2. Destroy the Italian Navy
3. Assist Wavel in securing North Africa.
4. Move to the Pacific to assist Australia.

I did a lousy job of scouting when I sortied out of Gibraltar and actually moved past two German u boats so I had to move back too attack them this allowed one of them to escape. Poor execution on my part, I will slow down and make sure that doesn't happen again. The second sub was right at the limit of my air-range and my air strike didn't kill him due to low AP.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 8/6/2010 7:50:38 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 81
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:52:43 PM   
82ndtrooper

My first Objective will be accomplished next turn, I hope he will bring the Italian Navy out to engage me but I doubt he will. You cant tell by the screen shots but both my fleets are in range of each other so next turn they will link up and if he attacks one of them before that then next turn the other will be able to assist in counter attacking. This turn I am at my weakest and he can possibly land a heavy blow to me. I doubt he can defeat either fleet but he can heavily damage one of them costing me serious losses.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 8/6/2010 7:56:31 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 82
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 7:58:21 PM   
82ndtrooper

this screen shows my Army of Africa preparing for the Offensive.
So the war in Africa is starting. I need to secure Africa asap so I can move some CAG's to the Pacific theater. Japan has taken two Chinese cities giving them a 8 vp advantage and I will have to move fast to keep japan from winning.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 8/6/2010 8:02:08 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 83
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/6/2010 8:10:18 PM   
82ndtrooper

the Situation in India is going well. My defenses will be done next turn and I will switch production to offense. I need to either attack Japan asap with the Indian Army or build a Air-force to strike him.
I am actually at a loss on what to do here. This is a real challenge to try and take the pressure off of China and I don't know exactly how to do it. Even when the USA comes online it will take 6-8 months to get any significant forces moved to this theater. Since the USA starts at zero readiness and in winter. It takes all winter just to get supply and readiness up to speed.
So until then any naval forces I send there will be vastly out numbered and I will have to be very careful how I use them. I do however have a radical plan in mind with the USA but haven't decided yet if I should try it. I am still thinking over my options.

As you can see Japan has just taken Kunming. This is a surprise to me I had no idea till last turn what the situation was. If I had I would have been producing different units already, this changes every thing. and as you can see he has made no move at all to build a road to Bangkok to invade. So it looks like I have a opening here to take the fight to him. But it will take several turns to produce offensive units in enough quantity to be effective.
I hope China can hang on.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 8/6/2010 8:17:11 PM >

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 84
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 2:05:32 AM   
ezto

Japan just withdrew many of its forces from China. He wont go for the last city until spring. I am building level bombers to hit bridges and what not around China and Japan. Russia Will hold to Moscow this winter and a left hook from the south is in the brink of cutting his forces on the Caucuses off. I wish i could get some PP on Russia from England.

Post #: 85
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 6:40:42 AM   
ezto

Do I ever get Soviet partisans?

Post #: 86
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 7:05:00 AM   
82ndtrooper

yes you will get them. you will get a lot of them the first winter the axis invades. and the more territory he conquers the more will have a chance to pop. If I understand it right from Explorers explanation the further he goes into Siberia the more will pop also.

he has tried to design the scenario so that Russia is never completely out of the game. If Germany has the chance to invade Siberia the further into it he goes the more troops he has to use for garrison duties until it reaches a very high amount making invading Siberia not very smart strategically.

< Message edited by 82ndtrooper -- 8/11/2010 7:30:08 AM >

82nd Airborne Division

(in reply to ezto)
Post #: 87
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 7:08:11 AM   
82ndtrooper

if i can send you PP I will but I think I need to capture a city/port to do it and I cant do it at all during winter due to the arctic sea freezing over. I also don't have the resource available yet to capture that port since i am committed to invading Europe.

did you get the Flying tigers I sent china or was it too late ?

82nd Airborne Division

Post #: 88
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 7:17:20 AM   
ezto

i got them. They are on horse killing duty. Japan has invested no airforce in China.

Post #: 89
RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto - 8/11/2010 7:30:21 AM   
82ndtrooper

awesome they should help you some.

82nd Airborne Division

(in reply to ezto)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: WAW6T allied thread 82nd/and Ezto Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI