Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Poland Invaded

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Poland Invaded Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Poland Invaded - 9/20/2010 2:02:29 AM   
ernieschwitz

... and here is the European map at november 1935:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 61
RE: Poland Invaded - 9/21/2010 2:51:28 AM   
ernieschwitz

1935, december 26th

The last Polish city has fallen. Poznan is now a part of the Soviet Union. Soon we will convert these kapitalist Poles, to workers in the Soviet Workers Paradise. Unfortunately i forgot to take a screenshot of the battle, it was quite Bloody. Here are a look at the losses this turn, along with a look at how the map looked:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ernieschwitz -- 9/21/2010 2:52:27 AM >

Post #: 62
RE: Poland Invaded - 9/21/2010 2:54:25 AM   
ernieschwitz

... in other news:

The Soviet Peoples Paradise developes the Bomber VII! Another ceremony is held to congratulate the scientists behind this advance.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 63
WWII starts - 9/22/2010 3:22:05 AM   
Bombur

The western democracies lost their patience with fascist dictators and Soviet cartoonists. French and Great Britain declared war on both Germany and Italy. Unfortunately, this war declaration was a symbolic one, since we lack equipment for offensive operations. Our naval superiority, we hope, will win the war for us....

Post #: 64
RE: WWII starts - 9/22/2010 4:43:22 AM   
ernieschwitz

1936, Late January

Across the front came the codeword "Brown Bear", and the massive assault on Germany, by the Red Army had begun! Here is a look at the frontlines as the turn came to an end...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 65
RE: WWII starts - 9/22/2010 4:48:47 AM   
ernieschwitz

At the same time the signal, was given in the south, and an invasion of Rumania had begun. The Red Army has only 1 Army, the 4th, commited to this task, but it has plenty of air cover, by the VVS (Soviet Airforce). Also a Naval Action was initiated with the Bulgarian Fleet stationed in Varna. Most of it was Sunk by the Black Sea Fleet.

So as Soviet Troops succesfully capture Christinau, and march towards Rumania proper, the Yugoslav forces may begin to breathe a sigh of relief. The Soviets are on their way!

Here is a look at the map:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 66
RE: WWII starts - 9/22/2010 4:54:48 AM   
ernieschwitz

And Finaly, and perhaps i am helping the German player too much with intel doing this.. here is the Red Storm itself! Germany has begun to crumble. Already Soviet forces have marched into Eastern Prussia and taken Koenigsberg, and the Fort just west of it. An attack on the Fort just east of Danzig failed, but almost succeeded. A newly built German Battlecruiser was spotted and attacked by the blockading Submarines of the Red Fleet... but after half the subforce was lost, the attack was abandonned. A few scouting missions where flown near Danzig to get their obsolete fighters to intercept.. this succeeded, but none of them where shot down. A few bombing runs where made on Danzig too, and they did not have a great effect. The VVS (Soviet Airforce) lost a Bomber VII during a raid, but revenge was taken on a lonely column of workers, moving either from Berlin to Danzig or the other way around... and they took losses.

Here is the map:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 67
RE: WWII starts - 9/22/2010 5:32:25 AM   
krupp_88mm

lol seems kinda unfair that the allies get to declare war on germany in 1935.. wow if i were germany id pee my pants

Post #: 68
RE: WWII starts - 9/22/2010 5:53:08 AM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: krupp_88mm

lol seems kinda unfair that the allies get to declare war on germany in 1935.. wow if i were germany id pee my pants

To be quite honest, i thought that Germany played the game too aggressively. Attacking Denmark already in 1935, is way before i myself would be ready, and Italy and co. attacking yugoslavia in 1935 as well.. The final allied (and Soviet) declaration of war came in 1936 (january actually)... but it seemed natural at the time, with an openly aggressive Germany and Italy.

In a future version of the game, there will be a diplomatic block on Germany, until at least 1937 (I think) that will be removed once Germany attacks another country. At least thats the plan.

Despite there being very little combat, i think it was a fun game :) And I am looking forward to the next test game, where some things have been corrected... among others soviet production improvements will be very much more expensive, compared to the other nations.

(in reply to krupp_88mm)
Post #: 69
RE: WWII starts - 9/30/2010 2:11:30 PM   
RufusTFirefly

Yes, it was really to fun to play. It is a great scenario.

But the version we played has seen Germany and Italy in a quite uncomfortable situation as being siuted between France and SU attacking at the same time. Playing the Axis in a different way would not have changed much. I agree that the campaign against Denmark was a bit too early. When I launched the attack I had not yet realized that a diplomatic take over is preferable. I had chosen military upgrades for Germany and diplomatic acts for Italy. When Italy took over the first nations I realized the advantage of these procedure and made a diplomatic take over of Portugal by Germany. This enableed the Axis to disturb any kind of supply lines running from the British islands to Egypt.

Dispite that the attack on Yugoslavia was not too early. After a take over of Austria, Bulgaria, Hungaria and Switzerland the Axis formed a solid block where only Yugoslavia caused a large gap. I had expected that the western nations to try to take over Yugoslavia diplomatically as it offered a large door to the backyard of the Axis. I had to close that door as soon as possible. Using diplomacy would have cost a lot of PP that I needed in order not to fall back in technology upgrade (in fact Germany had developped fighters IV and bombers VII only one turn later than SU, and was able to build medium tanks, but Italy had only made an upgrade in naval tech and was at low level in air and land based units). Therefore it was the best option to take Yugoslavia by force.

The main mistake was to allow SU to take nearly the whole Polish territory and so invited the Russian armies to get close to the center of Germany.

This is Germany at the end of the game:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 9/30/2010 2:20:44 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: WWII starts - 9/30/2010 2:20:50 PM   
RufusTFirefly

And this is Italy, Switzerland and Yugoslavia at the end of the game:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RufusTFirefly -- 9/30/2010 2:22:18 PM >

(in reply to RufusTFirefly)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Poland Invaded Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI