Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 8/10/2002 1:55:40 AM   
Matt Erickson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by victor semensi
[B]

Not finishing games is a sure way to lose email opponents. I have nothing against WitP and I'm sure most UV owners will be buying it. For me a game that size crosses the line between fun and work but that's just me. I'm just hoping that it doesn't drain resources that could be used to keep UV updated and a Med game released. [/B][/QUOTE]

actually i was talking about me and my friend playing board games:D

(in reply to Rob Roberson)
Post #: 31
- 8/10/2002 7:39:10 PM   
Donoda

My native language is Portuguese so, sorry for my English.

I think it is possible this kind of large game like WitP, if you let de AI do the work for you.
Let’s say you give a officer the order to use a certain amount of troops and supplies an let him conquer Singapore (by example)
Your job is to make the choice of the officer and set a kind of strategy he most follow.
If you got some AI generals doing the work, you can think about the “big thing”. I am quite curios how Matrix and 2by3 will handle this problem and the specially with a PBEM game.

The problem I have with UV is that the map give us a limits options for strategy.
I think that sooner ore later UV will have a kind of “best way to play it”, a game like WITP won’t have this problem.

Post #: 32
Re: only one complaint so far - 8/12/2002 9:53:56 AM   
shark

:D Cant wait for WITP.
We already play UV Pbem on a 3 day cycle.
It would be nice to have a few more options like reaction range limits and TF waypoints,but regardless UV is still the only game I am playing now.
Hopefully WITP will have a few such handels installed, and a few removed, like altitude selection.When you have primary and secondary missions you either nrrd two alt selections or let your Squad. commander(computer) do his job.

Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI