Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Newbie on random Map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Newbie on random Map Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:41:40 PM   
chesire

TURN 42:

I've been successful so far almost pushing the German's off the east side of the continent.

Their capital is just north of me. It may be that Germany is gone before China is. I finding it difficult to get far on the Chinese mainland. Hopefully the engineers I'm building will help when I can build a port on their island and get some supplies over to my units there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by chesire -- 8/27/2010 3:42:31 PM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 61
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:44:39 PM   
chesire

TURN 43:

Moving quickly still to cut off the German eastern front. Once that's complete I can focus entirely on the Turks in the north.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 62
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:45:23 PM   
chesire

TURN 44:

Got my Mortar III technology. Next I may just have to break down and get Medium tanks. Despite the fact that I keep bombing the German armor, they just keep churning out more and every turn my casualties continue to increase. My light tanks aren't getting it done so it's time to invest in more serious armor.

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 63
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:46:52 PM   
chesire

TURN 45:

I've grabbed the 2nd city on the Turks island, though you'll notice he just dropped off a little landing party on the south end. I can see he won't be given this up easily.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 64
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:48:27 PM   
chesire

TURN 46:

The Germans are surrounded and won't hold out much longer.

It's funny how many turns ago I thought them and NOT the Turks would be the threat in the end. Interesting how things can completely change from what you had anticipated.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by chesire -- 8/27/2010 3:49:03 PM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 65
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:50:31 PM   
chesire

TURN 47:

I've driven deep into the north, pushing back both the Germans and the Turks. Some of the forces are cut off and surrounded and should be quickly dispatched next turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 66
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:51:52 PM   
GrumpyMel

quote:

ORIGINAL: chesire

TURN 36:

I started this turn with some interesting information. There's a result that I haven't seen before (AS kills) which are quite high.

If that's what I THINK it is that means I killed 439 enemy infantry with Air Strikes?! If that's true I can definitely see what people were talking about regarding the importance of air power. Wow.
Hmmm I looked it up in the manual and it might actually refer to Anti-Supply. Maybe the fact that infantry “casualties” are listed means that 439 enemy infantry were affected? I'm not really sure what it means. I couldn't find AS Kills specifically in the manual. Can anyone comment on exactly what this means?

Hey Chesire,

Welcome to Advanced Tactics. Nice AAR. Yes AS Kills means anti-supply. You are interdicting thier production and supply routes (and possibly transfers as well) and causing losses through that. Your screen shows that you destroyed 49 Supply, 429 Infantry (ouch!) and 3 Ships with that. On the map, the little dots you see represent where that is occuring, blue is supply you are destroying, grey units...red indicates where some-one is destroying your supply.

Hope you are enjoying the game so far. After you get your feet wet against the A.I., you may want to consider trying a PBEM game vs a human opponent. We have a pretty solid PBEM community here.

Lets us know if there is anything else we can help answer for you. There is alot of functionalty built into the AT Engine, but it can take a little time to figure out exactly how some of the mechanics work.

< Message edited by GrumpyMel -- 8/27/2010 3:54:05 PM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 67
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:52:57 PM   
chesire

TURN 48:

I admit that I may have been over confident in this case and invaded China without first setting up some sort of supply for my troops. This could get ugly. :-/

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 68
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:54:41 PM   
chesire

TURN 49:

As can be seen here I own most of the southern part of the continent now. Just stubborn China on the island now is giving me issues. I'm funneling more production down to my HQ at the coastal city to start supplying more troops as I don't expect my un-supplied troops to last long.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 69
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:56:11 PM   
chesire

TURN 50:

The Chinese have setup their line in defense of their island. They have the advantage of being able to produce troops easily from their location, so I am bringing over my HQ to give bonuses to my troops. Hopefully that, plus my air attacks will help me gain the advantage against the Chinese.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 70
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/27/2010 3:57:34 PM   
chesire

It also appear the German's made a sneak attack on one of the cities inside my lines.

Unfortunately I have no units close by so I'm going to have to mobilize a force there quickly before get establishes any kind of foothold there.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by chesire -- 8/27/2010 3:58:17 PM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 71
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:46:09 AM   
chesire

TURN 51:

I took one of Germany's coastal cities which housed a pretty substantial navy.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 72
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:47:46 AM   
chesire

Meanwhile, I've diverted some of my other forces to reclaim the city they grabbed earlier.

Hopefully they haven't brought any significant forces to bear on that port city.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 73
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:49:28 AM   
chesire

TURN 52:

I'm putting a dent in Turkey's ability to move their troops around by sea by constant bombardment of their fleets docked in the coastal city of Bushvarn.

Soon I'll start transporting troops to this rich peninsula and hopefully start pushing on the Turks from the east.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 74
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:51:36 AM   
chesire

Elsewhere, I'm finally getting some supplies to my troops on China's lone island but it may be too little too late.

I'm still hopeful my air attacks will wear them down enough that I can start pushing inwards but I'm not sure if it will be enough.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 75
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:53:09 AM   
chesire

TURN 53:

The Chinese are smartly trying to cut off my supply...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 76
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:54:42 AM   
chesire

But after softening up with my air units and launching a devastating counter-attack... they are no more!

I also clearly under-estimated the enemies intelligence as the Turks have also launched an amphibious assault behind my lines. I'll have to remember to keep some infantry divisions back in my coastal cities to defend against such attacks in the future.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by chesire -- 8/30/2010 12:55:27 AM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 77
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:56:53 AM   
chesire

TURN 54:

Here's a picture of my current Northern front.

I'm still making very good progress into the Turkish territory and the Germans are nearly eliminated. It won't be long now until I reach the Russians...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by chesire -- 8/30/2010 12:57:11 AM >

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 78
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 12:58:27 AM   
chesire

TURN 55:

Captured two more German cities this turn. One more and they will be wiped off the map!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 79
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 8:13:47 PM   
british exil

quote:

Meanwhile, I've diverted some of my other forces to reclaim the city they grabbed earlier.

Hopefully they haven't brought any significant forces to bear on that port city.

Chesire, you should try to move your mech. forces along the road, that way you'll be able to travel faster, tanks don't move so fast through the woods.

Regarding protection of your towns, try keeping a garrison stationed there. A few smg (close combat, better that rifles) plus maybe if you can afford a few Art pieces. They big guns can sink the transport ships once they come into range.

Try building a "Kampfgruppe" a small HQ with a fighting force, the HQ has enough supplies with it to survive being cut of from it major HQ for a few turns. Your "KG" can harras the enemies supply lines, maybe even capture a city to resupply itself.

Just a few tips, but otherwise you're doing fine.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to chesire)
Post #: 80
RE: Newbie on random Map - 8/30/2010 9:35:52 PM   
82ndtrooper

it looks like he is having a great time

HHC 302nd Engineer Battalion
82nd Airborne Division
Honorably Discharged Jul/80

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 81
RE: Newbie on random Map - 9/3/2010 3:59:55 PM   
chesire

GrumpyMel:

Thanks for that info. I didn't realize that Anti-Supply could effect troop transfers! That's great! :)

British Exile:

I had never heard of a Kampfgruppe before. Sounds like an interesting idea. I was actually thinking having 2 HQ's on my northern front is making things a little crowded as I move north. Maybe I'll try taking one of those and HQ's and make a force to do as you suggest. Thanks.

And yes, 82nd. I'm having a blast! I think for my next game I may try one of the scenarios and then after that maybe I'll try to get into one of the PBEM games. :)

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 82
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Newbie on random Map Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI