Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 3:48:56 PM   
Grollub

SLR ...

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 2371
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 3:50:03 PM   
USSAmerica

Wow, good work, Per! 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2372
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 3:50:18 PM   
Grollub

Whoa, that was a close one! UNP ...

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2373
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:10:15 PM   
Chickenboy

Good morning tithe...

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2374
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:39:04 PM   
Terminus

Pain tithe... I was barely capable of carrying my bag home from the gym...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2375
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:47:15 PM   
Grollub

Got a story in the mail from an English colleague today. I'll post it, taking the risk of offending the entire thread

Following the events in London last week the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from 'Run' to 'Hide'. The only two higher levels in France are 'Surrender' and 'Collaborate'. The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing their military.

Updates from around Europe

The Italians have increased their alert level from "shouting excitedly" to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective combat operations" and "change sides".

The Germans have also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to "full dress-uniform and marching songs". They have two higher levels, "invade a neighbour" and "lose".

Seeing this reaction in continental Europe the Americans have gone from
"isolationism" to "find somewhere ripe for regime change". Their remaining higher alert states are "take on the world" and "ask the British for help".

Finally here in UK we've gone from "pretend nothing's happening" to "make another cup of tea". Our higher levels are "chin-up and remain cheerful" and "win".

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2376
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:47:24 PM   
USSAmerica

I need to put a bunch of that pain into my legs and start running again.  

Mike

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2377
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:48:41 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

Got a story in the mail from an English colleague today. I'll post it, taking the risk of offending the entire thread

Following the events in London last week the French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from 'Run' to 'Hide'. The only two higher levels in France are 'Surrender' and 'Collaborate'. The rise was precipitated by a recent fire which destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing their military.

The Italians have increased their alert level from "shouting excitedly" to "elaborate military posturing". Two more levels remain, "ineffective combat operations" and "change sides".

The Germans have also increased their alert state from "disdainful arrogance" to "full dress-uniform and marching songs". They have two higher levels, "invade a neighbour" and "lose".

"isolationism" to "find somewhere ripe for regime change". Their remaining higher alert states are "take on the world" and "ask the British for help".

Finally here in UK we've gone from "pretend nothing's happening" to "make another cup of tea". Our higher levels are "chin-up and remain cheerful" and "win".

Mike

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2378
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:54:55 PM   
Mynok

A classic.....

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 2379
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 5:58:58 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Obviously untrue.

Our alert levels are Blue, Orange, Periwinkle and Plaid.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2380
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:00:21 PM   
Grollub

I hadn't seen it. Quite a few stereotypes and cliches in a very short space.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 2381
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:09:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

My favorite quote on the subject of how silly the color coded threat levels are is comedian Ron White. To the effect of that there should be 2 alert levels, "Find a helmet" and "Put on the damn helmet".

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2382
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:24:29 PM   
radar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Sounds like you may be doing too much too soon.

USS Terry (DD-513) — Battle of the Atlantic, Solomon and Marianas Islands campaigns and the Battle of Iwo Jima

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2383
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:32:02 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2384
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:32:37 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

Obviously untrue.

Our alert levels are Blue, Orange, Periwinkle and Plaid.

Don't forget diarrhea brown! That's when the running really starts!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2385
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:34:39 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: radar

quote:

Sounds like you may be doing too much too soon.

No. I had an instructor (the tiniest little slip of a girl I've seen in a long while), and she guided me. Of course, she had to see what my level was before she could put together a schedule for me.

Added to that my complete inertia over the past several years, and my current level of pain is explainable...

(in reply to radar)
Post #: 2386
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:35:04 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I trust you've pre and post-loaded with judicious useage of NSAIDs? Us non-Spring chickens have got to realize that our body's ability for spontaneous healing is tapering off.

Kudos to you for getting back into an exercise program in general, T. Don't kill yourself or cause massive rhabdomyolysis ('weekend warrior syndrome') though, eh? Give your body a couple months to get back into it.

Alright, I'll shut up now. I'm starting to sound like my dad...

Edited to correct spelling.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 9/22/2010 6:39:25 PM >

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2387
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:38:23 PM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

I trust you've pre and post-loaded with judicious useage of NSAIDs? Us non-Spring chickens have got to realize that our body's ability for spontaneous healing is tapering off.

Kudos to you for getting back into an exercise program in general, T. Don't kill yourself or cause massive rhabdomyelosis ('weekend warrior syndrome') though, eh? Give your body a couple months to get back into it.

I forgot to pre-load but I have post-loaded.

I'm going to go Monday, Wednesday and Friday, one hour per day. That's a good start, and I trust my instructor; she knew her business.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 2388
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:48:08 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kudos to you for getting back into an exercise program in general, T. Don't kill yourself or cause massive rhabdomyelosis ('weekend warrior syndrome') though, eh? Give your body a couple months to get back into it.

I forgot to pre-load but I have post-loaded.

I'm going to go Monday, Wednesday and Friday, one hour per day. That's a good start, and I trust my instructor; she knew her business.

Good work, my Brother!

Mike

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2389
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 6:57:44 PM   
anarchyintheuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

My favorite quote on the subject of how silly the color coded threat levels are is comedian Ron White. To the effect of that there should be 2 alert levels, "Find a helmet" and "Put on the damn helmet".

I wish they'd coordinate the colors w/ the smog alerts one way or the other. I can never remember if purple or orange is good or bad.

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 2390
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 7:04:01 PM   
Historiker

quote:

Awesome
At least we do it with style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-wEuOiF6I

There are more beautiful videos, but I'm not sure about how strong PC is here...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2391
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 7:41:32 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

No pain - no gain!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 2392
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:02:56 PM   
scott64

Back from a 25.5 mile bike ride.

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 2393
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:10:26 PM   
scott64

Another title: Dragon Flame. Written By Manning Lee Stokes. Published in May 1966. Our spy is in Hong Kong and the Tiger Tong want to see him dead while the police want to question him on a recent murder. There is a General on the other side of the border who is badly wounded. He teams up with Fan Su to get him out. alive.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2394
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:44:06 PM   
Terminus

Good night tithe...

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2395
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:45:35 PM   
anarchyintheuk

I miss the Buffalo News quotes about out bonding bond . . . not that I've ever heard of the NY Journal American either.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2396
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:47:56 PM   
scott64

quote:

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

I miss the Buffalo News quotes about out bonding bond . . . not that I've ever heard of the NY Journal American either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Journal_American

(in reply to anarchyintheuk)
Post #: 2397
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:49:21 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: scott1964

quote:

ORIGINAL: pws1225

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

quote:

Go do your parts.

I will take them all.
... just so we could see the picture again

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2398
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:51:50 PM   
anarchyintheuk

Cool, one of the descendants of yellow journalism.

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 2399
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 9/22/2010 8:55:49 PM   
stuman

quote:

Quite funny.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 2400
Page:   <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI