Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/20/2011 9:47:43 AM   
cookie monster

quote:

ORIGINAL: Carl4243

meh, wired stuff have always done me good, wireless not so.

Really hope a dev or someone in the know can help me here, i Love this game and really want to enjoy it again! it's my Fav 4X game right now, Sword of the Stars being a close 2nd...i'm also using that Star Trek Mod, Which no cant be the cause as this happened before i got it also... i'm gonna try a complete re-install for the hell of it while i wait for something from someone... just gotta wait for new DL links since it's been awhile.

I've got a solution!!!

Just use the keys! There's no need for a mouse you can do it all from the keyboard!

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 31
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/20/2011 9:59:01 AM   
Data

Not very handy but workable indeed.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 32
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/22/2011 3:46:53 AM   
Carl4243

lol actually i did try that at one point... just too slow and annoying :P although for map scrolling when i remember i try to use the keys, doesnt seem to help though.

< Message edited by Carl4243 -- 4/22/2011 3:48:45 AM >

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 33
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/22/2011 4:38:08 PM   
Data

Hmm, I also used it only once or twice so I might remember wrong but I don't think I had any problems with key navigation.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 34
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/27/2011 3:22:14 PM   
Carl4243

still hoping someone (preferably a admin, dev or someone that fixed it) can help me here.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 35
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/27/2011 5:18:14 PM   
cookie monster

As the man said earlier.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elliotg

Hi all

I don't think this issue is related to Distant Worlds. It might show up in DW because it works your CPU and memory more than most other apps, but DW itself doesn't do anything special with your mouse.

Have you made sure that your mouse drivers are up-to-date? Possibly this is even a hardware issue - if you play DW for long sessions your PC might be working harder than it's used to, overheating, etc?

Can you outline specific steps that reliably reproduce this problem in DW?

Thanks
Elliot

It doesn't look like a DW specific item.

I did a web search here

http://www.bing.com/search?q=mouse+scrolls+to+upper+corner+ingame&form=QBRE&qs=n&sk=

Maybe some of these can help

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 36
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/28/2011 10:28:50 AM   
Carl4243

that search gave nothing, it gives result for each word separately if you gonna look for a phrase exactly you need to put it in "quotations".

Also i'm aware of that reply, i had this issue back then also, was watching to see if someone found a fix, but apparently nothing came of it and i stopped playing.m  I have a very large collection of games that i play(ed) and i can tell you it's not the mouse, if it were then it would do this in other similar games.  be it directly DW's fault or not SOMETHING within the game is causing some kind of conflict, directly or indirectly that is causing this issue with the mouse...

i dont care how or why, i just want to be able to fix it so i can play properly.

< Message edited by Carl4243 -- 4/28/2011 10:30:53 AM >

Post #: 37
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/28/2011 10:34:27 AM   
cookie monster

It might be something to do with this post

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2748398

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 38
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/28/2011 4:58:06 PM   
Carl4243

actually i got those issues aswell, but having a folder or other window up then alt tabbing to the desktop works usually, if not, maximizing the folder/window to cover DW does the job so that's not as big a issue for me, just an annoyance... this one here is game breaking...

On the subject of that post though i'll add that when the mouse does the scrolling thing, and DW is visable as stated back there, the mouse will not be controlable even with another window ontop, it'll still goto the top left... it has to be totally covered off or minimized to get the mouses control back.

< Message edited by Carl4243 -- 4/28/2011 4:59:59 PM >

Post #: 39
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 4/29/2011 2:34:07 AM   
Trifler

I have this same issue, only for me it's the upper-right corner, not the upper-left. I can break the endless scrolling by pressing Esc, which opens the game menu, and then clicking on Resume Game. I have a Logitech G500 with the latest drivers. 

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 40
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 5/11/2011 8:50:17 AM   
Data

another bot?

Post #: 41
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 5/30/2011 5:53:54 AM   
Carl4243

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trifler

I have this same issue, only for me it's the upper-right corner, not the upper-left. I can break the endless scrolling by pressing Esc, which opens the game menu, and then clicking on Resume Game. I have a Logitech G500 with the latest drivers. 

I have had that only on smaller maps oddly enough, and ya, those were easy to break by simply moving the mouse around in circles a few times for me, the top left one though seems to be the stubborn one.

Also still waiting for a response or atleast acknowledgement from a dev or person in charge, i'm not letting this go or giving up easily this time (i did this rant awhile back not long after first DW game launched)... i want to be able to play and enjoy this game, i simply love it's mechanics and gameplay but this bug makes it unplayable, which really sucks.

< Message edited by Carl4243 -- 5/30/2011 5:55:34 AM >

(in reply to Trifler)
Post #: 42
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 5/30/2011 7:04:53 AM   
Data

Well, the only dev and person in charge for this is Elliot and he did not come back here for a while now. Seems the reason is an upcoming expansion, after that I think he'll be back to patching and bug squashing; then we'll see him post here as well.

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 43
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 5/31/2011 5:22:31 AM   
Carl4243

that'd be nice....just wish someone knew a fix... thats all i want :(  and i know it's game related or a conflict with something on my PC by the game.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 44
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 6/1/2011 4:21:14 AM   
cookie monster

You don't have any other player input type devices connected to your computer do you?

like a guy did on the Medal of Honor forum

Here http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-pc/1402223-moving-left-all-time-gui-menu.html

(in reply to Carl4243)
Post #: 45
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 10/15/2011 1:32:47 AM   
sonofboar

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved? At first I experienced this issue only sporadically and a save and restart fixed it. Now I can't play for more than a few seconds without the cursor moving towards the upper left.

Post #: 46
RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner - 10/15/2011 10:10:54 AM   
Data

Hi sonofboar and welcome to the forum. Doesn't seem to be game specific alone, do you have another comp where you can try this and see if it reproduces?

(in reply to sonofboar)
Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> RE: Cursor moving to upper left corner Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI