Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Log - Week IV, October 1776

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> After Action Reports >> Campaign Log - Week IV, October 1776 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Log - Week IV, October 1776 - 11/4/2010 9:22:28 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Storm – Hold the steering-wheel! The shore is close. Goggle your eyes, you in the front! Lest we run aground! Don't lie down, you at the suction-pump if you don't want to have dinner with the fish! Move your ass, you, lazy gang! I will kick you along the Tropic of Cancer when this is all over at last! Man overboard? God rest his soul! It is only a few minutes left for him now, but we can suffer on. God, please, help us now!!! (Fleet actions delayed one week.)

Colonel Lee’s dragoons are running out of supplies. Troopers are deserting.

The 1st Light Infantry Regiment in Savannah has been upgraded and redesignated as the 2nd Continental Light Dragoons Regiment.

The British invasion from Canada has turned back due to lack of supplies!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 91
Campaign Log - Week I, November 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:39:52 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Intel – Hessian forces, under the command of General Von Riedesel, have a readiness of 55; a morale of 94; and, a supply level of 100.

Colonel Lee’s dragoons (460 men) continue to withdraw toward Fort Oswego having no bases close by to march for.

General Washington’s army, running low on supplies, continues to march south toward Roanoke with the ultimate destination of Salisbury where it will rest and refit.

General Greene’s army (1,500 men and 12 cannon) enters Savannah and prepares for the campaign against General Tryon’s army in Georgia/Florida.

General Howe’s army (500 dragoons, 500 men, and 6 cannon) defend Savannah.

General Arnold’s army (3,790 men and 27 heavy cannon) continues to recruit and train in Albany and will absorb the remnants of General Putnam’s command (788 men and 13 cannon) that is approaching the city.

Brigadier Lincoln’s army continues to train in Newport.

General Sullivan’s army (2,796 men and 6 cannon) marches toward Wilmington to rest and refit during the winter.

Brigadier Smallwood’s command of 1,000 men and 12 cannon continue to train at Salisbury.

Colonel Lamb trains three batteries (18 cannon) at Charles Town.

The British are quiet.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 92
Campaign Log - Week II, November 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:40:52 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Intel – General Von Voit’s Hessian forces, in the vicinity of Fort Ticonderoga, have a readiness of 1; a morale of 10; and, a supply level of 1.

General Greene’s army (2,000 men and 18 cannon) absorbs some of General Howe’s troops and continues to prepare for operations in Georgia/Florida.

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 93
Campaign Log - Week III, November 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:41:37 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Intel – General Cornwallis’ army, in Winchester, has a readiness of 75; a morale of 100; and, a supply level of 76.

A British army is reported on the march from Halifax toward Roanoke.

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 94
Campaign Log - Week IV, November 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:42:53 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Inflation – I've got my pay today; here is my debt with the interests. Now, I want to eat and drink; let's celebrate this sudden fortune! What? Yesterday, the meat cost half of this! And the wine? How can it cost three times more than last week? Of course, barkeep, it is sold to you at the same price... Tell the devil that this in Hell! If my money isn't good enough, what do you think of my iron? (Boston rise up against British rule.)

Skirmish at Baltimore – General Howe marches a brigade with 605 Indians from Annapolis to Baltimore and pushes Colonel Gansevoort’s militia regiment of 305 men out of the city. The British lose 11 men and the Americans lose 32.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 95
Campaign Log - Week I, December 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:44:12 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Intel – General Knyphausen’s army, in Winchester, has a readiness of 71; a morale of 87; and, a supply level of 100.

American leaders issue decorations to the troops (+3 Zeal).

Skirmish at York – Colonel Gansevoort’s militia regiment (273 men) is attacked outside of York by Colonel Norton’s brigade of 2,300 men and 14 cannon. The Americans lose 50 men and the British have only a single casualty. Brigadier Erskine’s dragoons (244 men) finish off the Americans inflicting 24 more casualties and causing the rest of regiment to surrender. The dragoons lose 2 men.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 96
Campaign Log - Week II, December 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:48:16 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Good connections. A pen is a stronger weapon than a sword, more Captains have fallen in the halls of magnificent palaces and in the corridors of the parliament than on the blood-soaked battle-fields. Be assured, my general, your career is being followed with benevolence from the highest circles. Whatever is that you might need, just give us a word, and we will take care of it. (+10 Influence)

Colonel Lee’s dragoons capture and pillage Tuscarora Indian village.

Generals Washington and Mifflin continue to march toward Salisbury. Roanoke was too small to support the army. Colonel Gist remains in Roanoke with a militia brigade. (Note, last week British dragoons were observed leaving Halifax on the road to Roanoke. They most likely are commanded by Brigadier Fraser and consist of 297 men based on the last intelligence report on them.)

British forces, commanded by General Eitel, occupy New Bern.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 97
Campaign Log - Week III, December 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:53:12 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Intel – General Wemyss’ army, in Providence, has a readiness of 99; a morale of 82; and, a supply level of 96.

Colonel Hamilton’s militia regiment continues it march from Albany toward Springfield.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 98
RE: Campaign Log - Week III, December 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:53:48 PM   
Mark Breed

Continued.

The British are making a major invasion of the South with three separate armies approaching or entering North Carolina along the coast road. The lead army is commanded by General Eitell, which was transported by sea from New York (info courtesy the British player). An unidentified army follows just south of New Bern. The third army is commanded by Colonel Turnbull, which last intel reports indicate it is comprised of 4,590 men and 28 cannon and is just north of New Bern.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 99
Campaign Log - Week IV, December 1776 - 11/5/2010 6:55:00 PM   
Mark Breed

American Event: Looting (Colonel Gist’s command loots Roanoke). A soldier's life is short. Death follows him wherever he goes, and sooner or later, it reaches him. Soldiers do not pile up money because it would only serve the benefit of the people robbing the corpses. Soldiers do not make friends because they may lose them in the next battle. Believe me, you, as a peace-loving commoner, have got a much better fate. So don't you cry for your pigs and wine, as we fight for you and die for you. Don't you try to hide your money because you'll see what happens if I get really angry.

The Americans receive reports of a large Tory force advancing on Springfield from Providence. Colonel Hamilton is given orders to redirect his militia regiment to conduct a reconnaissance toward Hartford. Colonel Smith is ordered to abandon Springfield and march his militia towards Portsmouth.

Skirmish near Newport - An American militia regiment (251 men), under the command of Colonel Clarke, is attacked by General Knyphausen's army of 2,403 men and 12 cannon. The Americans lose 93 men and retreat back to Newport.

Skirmish near Wilmington - An American militia regiment (414 men), under the command of Colonel Brodhead, marches out to delay General Eitell's army of 3,250 men and 12 cannon. In two separate engagements the Americans lose 101 men while the British lose 3.

British General Powell takes Springfield.

The Royal Navy bombards Newport.

< Message edited by Mark Breed -- 11/5/2010 7:06:03 PM >

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 100
Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/5/2010 7:04:52 PM   
Mark Breed

The revolution is crushed!

I will be putting together a lessons learned file after my opponent and I complete the next game after switching sides. And, believe me there are lessons learned!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 101
RE: Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/9/2010 7:09:55 AM   
DampSquib

guy's...great AAR.

Good luck with the next game!!!

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 102
RE: Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/10/2010 8:00:23 PM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: DampSquib

guy's...great AAR.

Good luck with the next game!!!

Thank you sir!

Many.... and I do mean "many" thanks... to my American opponent Mark... for doing such an excellent job of writing and screen capture for this AAR!

Long live the king!

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to DampSquib)
Post #: 103
RE: Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/17/2010 7:04:22 PM   
sapper32

Nice one guys great AAR have enjoyed following it over the months

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 104
RE: Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/17/2010 9:13:24 PM   
Mark Breed

Thank you to all who have followed this AAR.

I will begin posting the new game soon. I want to build up several turns so that my opponent does not have quite as much real-time intel available as I gave him in the last game.

Regards,
Mark

(in reply to sapper32)
Post #: 105
RE: Campaign Log - January 1776 - 11/18/2010 8:42:18 PM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Breed

Thank you to all who have followed this AAR.

I will begin posting the new game soon. I want to build up several turns so that my opponent does not have quite as much real-time intel available as I gave him in the last game.

Regards,
Mark

Now really sir!

Nothing to "see" here?

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to Mark Breed)
Post #: 106
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> For Liberty! & 1848 >> After Action Reports >> Campaign Log - Week IV, October 1776 Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI