Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! - 4/23/2012 9:49:27 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
quote:

Changes were made so that 'sea roads' no longer work.

Old Supply Rules still work just like they always have.

Sea roads concern me, so I'll pursue this.

When the new patch came out, I discovered and pointed out that 'sea roads' no longer worked.

By that, I meant that one could no longer use modified units to 'bridge' a sea hex covering a major river hex with a blown bridge in it -- thus simulating supply to a beachhead that could only be maintained if the unit 'bridging' the hex could be protected. This has the advantage that it makes it possible to simulate which beaches are actually feasible landing sites at any given time. A landing at Anzio was a perfectly feasible undertaking for the Allies in February 1944. It would have been kinda impractical in May 1943. German air units would have been able to promptly wipe out the unit 'bridging' the sea road on the earlier date -- not so on the later date.

So at the moment I'm using 'sea roads' in this sense to govern which beaches the Germans can land on with some assurance of continued supply in 'Seelowe' and to control the amphibious potential of both sides in my Mediterranean/Middle East hypothetical. No taking Leros if Rhodes is still in enemy hands -- as the British found out in the Fall of 1943.

You acknowledged that sea roads no longer worked in this sense, defined it as a bug, and stated it would be fixed in the next patch.

Is that still the plan? Or did you misunderstand what I was discussing, or did I fail to make it clear, or whatever?

In any case, I'd like to know what your intentions are. Obviously, I need to know if the potential for 'sea roads' to work in this way is going to be restored.

Colin, sea roads, as described by you, will work with the new supply rules with 3.5
. With old supply they always did, btw.

Regarding the old supply rules, that's not my recollection: 3.4 came along and my sea roads stopped working. However, if they'll resume working in 3.5 with both the new supply rules and the old supply rules, the point is moot.

My real concern is simply that I be able to create naval units that are vulnerable to attack and that can 'bridge' hidden blown bridges off ports, thus permitting limited supply through those ports. As long as without the unit in the hex there's no supply, and with the unit in the hex, there is supply, I've got the basics of what I need.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 4/23/2012 9:58:52 PM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 91
RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! - 7/25/2013 2:55:30 AM   
BigDuke66

In case it still is interesting for someone here you find some good maps from "Heeresgruppe Weichsel", maybe they are useful:
https://files.secureserver.net/4fk5ECyLyP2grF
Check out the full page of wonderful maps at:
http://www.wwii-photos-maps.com/

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 92
RE: Work in progress - 11/24/2013 3:54:24 AM   
dbridges99

Would it possible for anyone on here to send me the latest version available of "Fall Grau" - I realize it's unpublished, but the AARs have really piqued my interest, would really like to see it.

danbridges99@comcast.net - Thanks, Dan Bridges

(in reply to samba_liten)
Post #: 93
RE: Work in progress - 11/24/2013 12:47:09 PM   
larryfulkerson

I would really like a copy of "Fall Grau" as well. I looked for it on Rugged Defense and it's not there. I guess it's not published like Dan said.
Please send the copy to fulkersonlarry60(at)gmail(dot)com

Thanks ahead of time.

(in reply to dbridges99)
Post #: 94
RE: Work in progress - 5/19/2017 10:49:04 PM   
BigDuke66

Just remember this great map.
Any chance we see it in TOAW IV?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI