Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re: Re: Some comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Re: Re: Some comments Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re: Re: Some comments - 8/21/2002 12:28:20 AM   
Frank W.

i´m shure no one who does something to this game really wastes his time. just because this game has such a huge followership that will apreciate all the work put into it!

including your H to H mode of course which i will try has soon as my time allows it.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Panzer Leo
[B]

It's pretty simple: the more you download these scenarios, the more you show Redleg and Steve, that they're not wasting their time and keep up their good work...so go and grap 'em at:

[URL=http://redleg.homestead.com/]Redleg's Dirty Dozen[/URL]

I [/B][/QUOTE]

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 31
Re: Panzer Leo... - 8/21/2002 3:46:47 AM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sztartur
[B]Hi!

I have some further questions:

As I know H2H changes the mech.exe file as well.
Did you get and modified the source code of mech.exe or just edited some of it's wondows resource?
I is quite interesting with which library and enviroment is the program made.

After reading your answer an idea came into my mind.
If somebody knows the format of the unit descriptor files in SPWaW a utility program could be written to convert the unit data into H2H compatible file. This does not look very hard to do. we just need the file format. Do you happen to know the format?

(What do you Matrix games guys think about it???)

It would be a waste not to make those good scenarios into H2H compatible ones. There are cca. 200 in the default game, lot more came after plus the campaigns.
I say that even though i know H2H was designed for PBEM.
I think the support of H2H will grow drastically if this is done.

Artur [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't have access to the code and don't know the format...I worked with a hexeditor and did not touch any routines or the like...in this sense, the mech.exe used in H2H is the 7.1 mech.exe.

I know there do exist map and SPWW2 to SPWAW converters, but I don't have the slightest clue how to do that :confused:

You're right that it would help a lot, when many scenarios would be available for H2H, especially as there're so many good out there, that only need to be converted...

As for the Matrix guys, I think I can speak for them: They completed SPWAW with v7.1...everything else is left to us...they work on their projects like Combat Leader and that is good...
Indirectly they already support all our efforts, as we can use this forum to talk about H2H and everything we like and I really appreciate that...they gave us editors and I never ever saw anybody working that close to the gaming community...it's 100% our turn now and we should respect that...

So to sum it up: if you know a genius who knows how to programm such a "scenario converter" with what we have, make him build this thingy :D

If not, we will simply do it piece by piece - takes a bit longer, but the result is the same :)

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 32
- 8/30/2002 7:08:56 PM   
sztartur2

Hi Leo!

I changed some e-mail with Fred Chlanda, but he could not find the format yet. More e-mails to go.

Maybe a project should be organized with a lot of H2H fans to convert those scenaios.If everybody does 3 scenarios even 10-20 people can achieve signifficant result.

What do you think?

BTW what kind of data did you cange in mech.exe with the hex editor?

Artur

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 33
- 8/30/2002 8:04:23 PM   
Panzer Leo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sztartur
[B]Hi Leo!

I changed some e-mail with Fred Chlanda, but he could not find the format yet. More e-mails to go.

Maybe a project should be organized with a lot of H2H fans to convert those scenaios.If everybody does 3 scenarios even 10-20 people can achieve signifficant result.

What do you think?

BTW what kind of data did you cange in mech.exe with the hex editor?

Artur [/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for your support, sztartur and it would be great if something like an automatic scenario converter could be made... :)
Meanwhile I got in touch with Redleg and Steve "Warrior" and they are willing to support H2H on their site.

I will convert some older dirty dozen scenarios and Redleg will put them up for download.

I also completed a map-bundle of maps belonging to mainly dirty dozen scenarios and made them ready for PBEM setup. That means, that vic hexes and start lines are preset for a certain type of battle (assault, delay...) and players just have to purchase units and deploy and can start on an excellent map...I just don't like these generated maps and all these scenario maps are way to good, to not be used multiple times :D

If folks are willing to convert scenarios, you can do that and send them anytime to me...I will take a look at them and find a way to put them up for download...

The data changes were mainly national exp/mor/leadership ratings.
Basically, I took a wider spread, especíally for the Exp, as in the later versions of SPWAW the Exp was kind of compressed (there was a cap for lower ratings, making them not lower then 45 or so, what results in a minimum base of around 55). This had the effect, that you couldn't simulate a difference between nations with exp 45, 50 and 55, as they all were treated as 55 base...
Therefore I expended some nations on the upper side and increased the exp by 5, to create a noticable difference.
Also I reevaluated some nations and made them either worser or better then before in a certain rating...generally these ratings are closer to older SP versions.
One example:
the British benefit from a pretty good leadership, but especially in '45 suffer from a considerable decrease on morale...
This way I tried to work out more "national characteristics" then it was before in later SPWAW versions...

for converted scenarios mail me to: [email]joerg.loewenstein@gmx.de[/email]
please tell me what scenarios you want to convert, so that I can coordinate that and noone does work twice...

[URL=http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/spwaw_h2h_modrework.php] [IMG]http://www.theblitz.org/member_sites/panzer_leo_spw@w/PzLeos-H2H-Title-1.jpg[/IMG] [/URL]

Mir nach, ich folge euch !

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 34
- 8/30/2002 8:25:49 PM   
sztartur2

Hi Leo!

What I am trying to do, is to investigate the file formats in order to make that converter. I was on vacation untill today so my spare time will drastically decrease. That is why it makes more sense to concentrate on the converter and not on manually converting scenaios in my case. If the data is ready I or somebody else could write that program. (I am a software developer myself.)

I have some suggestions for you, (use them at your own risc:))

1. You are quite well known, so if you try to recruit the fans willing to manually convert scenarios, you are the one who is likely to succeed the most.

2. On manually changing the senarios to H2H maybe the famous multi-player scenarios could be a priority.
a. KURSK!!! - M4Jess
b. D-Day - M4Jess
c. Lehr at Omaha
d. Market Garden

3 You could also offer that H2H OOB's should be taken in consideration in the Combat Leader developement.

If you get these scenarios in H2H format, please let us know.:D

It would be nice if H2H and other SPWaW scenarios are converted to CL format later on.

Artur

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Re: Re: Some comments Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI