Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How do you set you landbased planes to attack a TF?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> How do you set you landbased planes to attack a TF? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do you set you landbased planes to attack a TF? - 8/21/2002 3:42:18 AM   
Vassago

When i try that it always says may not attack TF, even though they are loaded for Naval Attack.Any ideas?
Post #: 1
- 8/21/2002 4:09:16 AM   
BPRE

Hi Vassago,

You can't order them to attack a specific TF. Depending on what's sighted and a lot of factors they will do it on their own (or in some cases not at all).
Some of those factors are fatigue, morale, supply at base, experience and so on. Please see the manual or search a bit in the forums for more details.

It may sound a bit dodgy or uncertain but in reality it works quite well even though you can find some threads on this forum complaining that they are having major problems with this.

Regards
BPRE

(in reply to Vassago)
Post #: 2
Re: How do you set you landbased planes to attack a TF? - 8/21/2002 4:29:09 AM   
ADavidB

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Vassago
[B]When i try that it always says may not attack TF, even though they are loaded for Naval Attack.Any ideas? [/B][/QUOTE]

First off, make certain that you have plenty of aircraft ( preferably not your attack planes ) on Naval Search - the more the better. Your LBA won't sortie unless they are told that there are TFs around. And spread your search planes around so you get cross coverage and they all aren't hindered by bad weather at the same time.

Next, make certain that your aircrew "morale" is above 50 and their "fatigue" is below 40, preferably below 30. The higher the morale and the lower the fatigue, the more likely your aircraft will sortie. If your planes have low morale and high fatigue, rest them ( best by pulling them back from the front ).

Make certain that you have enough "air support" points. If not, move some planes out or bring in some air support troops.

Make certain that your runway and air supplies are in good shape. Your planes can't take off if the runways are bombed-out. If you have runway damage, bring in plenty of engineers - particularly engineers with engineering vehicles, to get the repairs done faster.

Make sure you have plenty of general supplies in your base - at least twice the minimum supplies needed. If you don't, move in supplies or pick a different base to place your planes.

Set your planes to "naval attack" as the primary mission, and "rest" as the secondary mission. You don't want your planes going off bombing other targets.

Try these approaches and you ought to see your sortie rate go up nicely.

Dave Baranyi

(in reply to Vassago)
Post #: 3
Re: Re: How do you set you landbased planes to attack a... - 8/21/2002 4:48:43 AM   
Vassago

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ADavidB
[B]

First off, make certain that you have plenty of aircraft ( preferably not your attack planes ) on Naval Search - the more the better. Your LBA won't sortie unless they are told that there are TFs around. And spread your search planes around so you get cross coverage and they all aren't hindered by bad weather at the same time.

Next, make certain that your aircrew "morale" is above 50 and their "fatigue" is below 40, preferably below 30. The higher the morale and the lower the fatigue, the more likely your aircraft will sortie. If your planes have low morale and high fatigue, rest them ( best by pulling them back from the front ).

Make certain that you have enough "air support" points. If not, move some planes out or bring in some air support troops.

Make certain that your runway and air supplies are in good shape. Your planes can't take off if the runways are bombed-out. If you have runway damage, bring in plenty of engineers - particularly engineers with engineering vehicles, to get the repairs done faster.

Make sure you have plenty of general supplies in your base - at least twice the minimum supplies needed. If you don't, move in supplies or pick a different base to place your planes.

Set your planes to "naval attack" as the primary mission, and "rest" as the secondary mission. You don't want your planes going off bombing other targets.

Try these approaches and you ought to see your sortie rate go up nicely.

Dave Baranyi [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok thanx to both of you.

(in reply to Vassago)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> How do you set you landbased planes to attack a TF? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI