Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cannot enter VH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cannot enter VH Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot enter VH - 12/11/2000 4:01:00 PM   
frank1970

During a assault mission I had to destroy a battery and a ammodump. I dropped engeneers near the area and assaulted the artillery post. Everything went fine. The crews fled in panic and the ammodump exploded in a great way but after that I could not enter the victory hex! Can you help me?

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

Post #: 1
- 12/11/2000 5:12:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

If the victory hex is where the ammo dump was then you're out of luck. A blown up ammo dump creates an impassable hex. Perhaps special forces can manage it but your regulars can't ------------------ Lars Nec Temere - Nec Timide [This message has been edited by Lars Remmen (edited December 11, 2000).]

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 2
- 12/12/2000 2:35:00 AM   
Flashfyre

Hehehe......I learned this the hard way, too. When creating scenarios, NEVER put a VH in the same place as an ammo dump. Nuthin' I've seen can get in there (full of burning crates, exploding rounds, and a blazing inferno worse than an flamer). I usually put VHs, if desired, next to the dumps.

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 3
- 12/12/2000 8:24:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very true. You can't enter a hex where an ammo dump has exploded....WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 4
- 12/12/2000 6:24:00 PM   
frank1970

Thanks guys!

If you like what I said love me,if you dislike what I say ignore me!

"Extra Bavaria non est vita! Et sic est vita non est ita!"

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 5
- 12/13/2000 9:10:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Happy to help. Like you, I learned this the hard way too Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 6
- 12/13/2000 9:31:00 PM   
David F. Wall

This is kind of intriguing. I remember at least one post in the form that asked if we couldn't have an "impassable terrain" type hex. This was declined, probably because it was attached to far more complex requests (multiple elevations, etc). However, it seems we have a way for this to occur in the game, but we don't have a way to get at it in map editing, et. al. This isn't a request to add this feature -- I understand, and sympathize, with Matrix's desire to draw the line and get on with work that will sustain the company. I'm just curious from a technical standpoint.

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 7
- 12/14/2000 5:41:00 AM   
Niko

When creating scenarios, NEVER put a VH in the same place as an ammo dump. Nuthin' I've seen can get in there (full of burning crates, exploding rounds, and a blazing inferno worse than an flamer). I usually put VHs, if desired, next to the dumps. [/B][/QUOTE] Never is a strong word Scenario objective could be to capture precious ammunition for your troops and blowing them up should not go unpunished. Of course the dumps must be edited not to shoot back. In SP3 VH under exploding Ammo or Fuel Dump goes neutral. Does this happen in WAW too?

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 8
- 12/14/2000 10:02:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Ge adjacent to one when it goes off and you'll be punished, all right I can't remember about SP3. I guess the philosophy was it was enemy ammo and the purpose was to deprive them of it. This is an uneducated guess, by the way, Niko. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to frank1970)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> cannot enter VH Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI