Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: buy on release?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: buy on release? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:32:26 PM   
Ola Berli

blastpop,

that is perfect both do what they want!

War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 91
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:37:35 PM   
maxstrike

quote:

ORIGINAL: blastpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: maxstrike

Realistically I'd say end of the business day is a more likely time for the release, which is about 2 1/2 hrs away. I think Matrix is on Eastern time.

True, but I am sure they want to monitor things when it goes live...

What is the internet going to do today with two major software releases...? My wife is playing the new WoW today and I'm looking for WiTE today, how is that for togetherness?

I'm not sure how much monitoring they will need to do. They use a third party for fulfillment, and Erik and crew can check the forums from home if they really want to. However, with the product going gold the dev team is going to be exhausted and probably won't even think of looking at incoming bugs before Thursday at the earliest.

I've been a developer for 20+ years and my projects have always released at the end of the day.

< Message edited by maxstrike -- 12/7/2010 7:38:56 PM >

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 92
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:39:26 PM   
stormdeth

I can't wait. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time! Soon.....please

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." -E.Rommel

(in reply to maxstrike)
Post #: 93
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:43:10 PM   
maxstrike

quote:

ORIGINAL: storm_deth

I can't wait. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time! Soon.....please

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." -E.Rommel

I've never read that Rommel quote before. Its a very profound description of airpower. I guess he was as smart as people said he was.

(in reply to stormdeth)
Post #: 94
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:44:26 PM   
Icekill

Umm as our kid is at his grandmother house tonight i had planned a long night with a romantic dinner, candles and all the rest... but... with the game being released today... and as i have not told my wife yet about my plans... i have decided i better shut up, cook a quick sandwich and then play the whole night as we don't have to wake up early tomorrow.

What can give more pleasure than a good WWII wargame on release day?

(in reply to stormdeth)
Post #: 95
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 7:50:01 PM   
kirkgregerson

quote:

cook a quick sandwich

Ummm, not sure I've done this? Please explain the culinary requirement involved to 'cooking' a sandwich. My guess would be maybe this is a 'Steak-um' sandwich or maybe a grilled cheese? Thanks for sharing.

< Message edited by kirkgregerson -- 12/7/2010 7:53:29 PM >

(in reply to Icekill)
Post #: 96
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:31:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

For customers in different time zones where it is already evening - we are hoping to have the release live within an hour.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 97
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:32:55 PM   
kirkgregerson

Let me be one of the first to say

"WOOOT"

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 98
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:34:22 PM   
typhoon

For English customers this is the best window of oppertunity available Coronation street has just began another special 50th years episode or something similar all our wives are now otherwise heavilly engaged

Post #: 99
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:34:23 PM   
kirkgregerson

oh, well guess since I'm GMT -6:00 it will be more than an hour

That's still ok!

"WOOOT"

Post #: 100
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:35:16 PM   
SuluSea

Awesome news, everyone shine up their credit cards

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

Post #: 101
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:44:33 PM   
Kung Karl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Everyone,

For customers in different time zones where it is already evening - we are hoping to have the release live within an hour.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for the info!

Post #: 102
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:45:34 PM   
Adam Parker

Oh those poor servers!

Hey, it's already tomorrow in Australia... and Christmas in New Zealand. Do we go first?

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 103
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:46:46 PM   
DBeves

Thanks Erik ... for the up front details you have been giving for a while now about release dates... yeah - so we are all just a bunch of big kids - but that is actually a fact so your candour has saved me many painful days of waiting. Certain other companies could take a lesson from you ... I am thinking of a game with the words (maybe) normandy, mission and combat in it.

Thewait has been less painful for your simple posts with some kind of information in them.

Post #: 104
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:48:09 PM   
blastpop

quote:

ORIGINAL: DBeves

Thanks Erik ... for the up front details you have been giving for a while now about release dates... yeah - so we are all just a bunch of big kids - but that is actually a fact so your candour has saved me many painful days of waiting. Certain other companies could take a lesson from you ... I am thinking of a game with the words (maybe) normandy, mission and combat in it.

Thewait has been less painful for your simple posts with some kind of information in them.

indeed!

(in reply to DBeves)
Post #: 105
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:54:10 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: typhoon

For English customers this is the best window of oppertunity available Coronation street has just began another special 50th years episode or something similar all our wives are now otherwise heavilly engaged

BBC still plays Coronation Street!!! Remember watching it when I was in Ireland and a teenager, only thing iirc is that each chapter only lasted 1/2 an hour, correct me if I'm wrong, if so you won't have even started your turn when yor wifes come calling you

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 106
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:54:48 PM   
fsp

Same here, very much appreciate the updates. 

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 107
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:56:57 PM   
typhoon

RJH it was not playing a turn I was worried about this evening just aquirring the credit card in a rather devious fashion to allow a smooth purchase. Explanations can follow tomorrow before she sees the bill :-)

(in reply to fsp)
Post #: 108
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 8:59:30 PM   
Rockhopper

Family plans going on tonight. Gotta travel to the in-law's next week, so prefer not to incur the wife's wrath just yet, else that will become a VERY long trip. Buying first thing tomorrow.

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 109
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:00:07 PM   
raizer

ive never bought a matrix game-is it ok for me to download on my mac and then xfer it to a flash drive for my pc at home?

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 110
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:01:22 PM   
blastpop

I would ask the question in the technical section- But my thoughts are it probably writes the info to a different format- so my guess is it would not work.

(in reply to raizer)
Post #: 111
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:03:38 PM   
Rotherman

Coronation Street is on ITV. It is the most hatefully dire ****e TV ever. Full of whining social engineering commies.

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 112
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:07:44 PM   
OnTheContrary

quote:

ORIGINAL: raizer

ive never bought a matrix game-is it ok for me to download on my mac and then xfer it to a flash drive for my pc at home?

As long as you can plug in a standard FAT-formatted USB flash drive (i.e., the standard flash drive you work with under Windows) and copy the installation file to it, you'll be fine. While Mac has its own filesystem that represents files differently from Windows, the file gets "rearranged" on the flash drive according to its own underlying filesystem which Windows is capable of reading and writing to.

You can re-download the game later on, though, under the new store/website settings.

(in reply to raizer)
Post #: 113
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:14:37 PM   
rjh1971

quote:

ORIGINAL: typhoon

RJH it was not playing a turn I was worried about this evening just aquirring the credit card in a rather devious fashion to allow a smooth purchase. Explanations can follow tomorrow before she sees the bill :-)

She will see you playing and know straight away

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to typhoon)
Post #: 114
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:24:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: IDontThinkSo

quote:

ORIGINAL: raizer

As long as you can plug in a standard FAT-formatted USB flash drive (i.e., the standard flash drive you work with under Windows) and copy the installation file to it, you'll be fine. While Mac has its own filesystem that represents files differently from Windows, the file gets "rearranged" on the flash drive according to its own underlying filesystem which Windows is capable of reading and writing to.

You can re-download the game later on, though, under the new store/website settings.

Yep, this is correct.

Everyone, all our tests on our side are done. We are ready to go live, we are just waiting for one final confirmation from the store folks, which we are expecting any time now. We can't go live without that, as we want to be sure the whole process will go smoothly for everyone. Sorry for the additional wait, we are also waiting impatiently here!

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to OnTheContrary)
Post #: 115
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:33:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

I just spoke with the store again, we are projecting 30 minutes to release at this point.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 116
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:33:18 PM   
maxstrike

Erik,

Would you say this has been the most anticipated release in Matrix Games' history?

Post #: 117
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:34:26 PM   
Mike Solli

You must not have been around when WitP AE made it's arrival.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to maxstrike)
Post #: 118
Store folks to the eastern front. - 12/7/2010 9:35:13 PM   
Templer_12

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I just spoke with the store again, we are projecting 30 minutes to release at this point.

Send store folks to the eastern front first!

Post #: 119
RE: buy on release? - 12/7/2010 9:35:41 PM   
rjopel

Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Roger. Ready to move out.

Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: buy on release? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI