Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Changing production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing production - 12/13/2010 11:05:51 PM   
eric_rocks

I see you can't change production. Manual states that was a decision made to save development time. Any ideas when .1 version or mod will be available allowing you to change production?
Post #: 1
RE: Changing production - 12/13/2010 11:17:16 PM   
Joel Billings

It was more than just saving dev time, it was a conscious dev decision for the game. There are no plans to change this. I can't say it won't ever be done, but as of now there are no plans to make changes with production control.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to eric_rocks)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 1:15:10 AM   
PyleDriver

Ok, one more time if you missed my other posts. Two things, you have enough to do already. Historic is good, you learn to live with it. Secondly it becomes gamey... Really does anyone know the political issues around changing Me-109's to FW-190's when the war is going to be over by Christmas?

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 1:50:07 AM   
Crimguy

I never liked the production system in Witp. Not to mention it was so complicated they offered a 2 credit course on it's mastery at Annapolis.

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 2:59:45 AM   
jomni

Don't make it like WITP please.  The current production model is a selling point to me.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 4:22:56 AM   
Charest

You guys have probably heard that a thousand times, but I think that the historical production schemes are ok for a historical-semi historical campaign.

However, I also believe that admin points could/should be used to influence production at home. A system where you can spend an amount of admin points to promote or dismiss a particular type of equipement would be really cool. Let's say Guderian insisted heavily to get X model instead of Y, I think he would've at least got a little chance to prove his point. Political value of your chief of staff (or any high ranking officier) would be a perfect way to represent his potential influence on such things. Not to say it should have a huge influence, but it could add a little flavor, while respecting the overall production schemes.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 4:30:46 AM   
PyleDriver

Boy is this an old subject. Maybe, and I mean maybe, if and when this is a full Europe war then Gary and Joel will look at it... I beat my head on this subject two years ago, it isn't going to happen...So spare us the time...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to Charest)
Post #: 7
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 4:52:02 AM   
Sheytan

LOL!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crimguy

I never liked the production system in Witp. Not to mention it was so complicated they offered a 2 credit course on it's mastery at Annapolis.

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 8
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 5:03:32 AM   
eric_rocks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charest

You guys have probably heard that a thousand times, but I think that the historical production schemes are ok for a historical-semi historical campaign.

However, I also believe that admin points could/should be used to influence production at home. A system where you can spend an amount of admin points to promote or dismiss a particular type of equipement would be really cool. Let's say Guderian insisted heavily to get X model instead of Y, I think he would've at least got a little chance to prove his point. Political value of your chief of staff (or any high ranking officier) would be a perfect way to represent his potential influence on such things. Not to say it should have a huge influence, but it could add a little flavor, while respecting the overall production schemes.

This is exactly the kind of thing I would hope for. I agree with the post that the old production scheme could be gamey, but who wants a bunch of outdated t60s? Why not give us at least some influence over production? Given all the other micromanagement allowed, why not let us monkey with production at least a little?

Sorry I missed all the earlier posts. I haven't been on here in years. Just visited matrixgames.com a couple of days ago and was surprised and delighted to find this!

(in reply to Charest)
Post #: 9
RE: Changing production - 12/14/2010 3:48:11 PM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: eric_rocks

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charest

This is exactly the kind of thing I would hope for. I agree with the post that the old production scheme could be gamey, but who wants a bunch of outdated t60s? Why not give us at least some influence over production? Given all the other micromanagement allowed, why not let us monkey with production at least a little?

Sorry I missed all the earlier posts. I haven't been on here in years. Just visited matrixgames.com a couple of days ago and was surprised and delighted to find this!

Ah, then you missed the greatest battle of all. It seemed that there was more powder burned over this single issue than burned in real life in the actual campaign

(in reply to eric_rocks)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Changing production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI