Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/11/2011 1:04:44 AM   
RocketMan

We're not playing the campaign so my opponent couldn't have played the more time card.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 151
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/11/2011 1:19:42 AM   
Barthheart

Ah right... then he shouldn't really be worried about losses then either.....

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 152
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/11/2011 1:27:04 AM   
RocketMan

I don't know what his thinking is, but he shouldn't be worried about losses any more than I am worried about keeping evac routes open. Pop over to his AAR and ask him. He has been commenting in his emails that he wished more people would comment in his AAR thread!

Oh and the card you are thinking about gives four more days, not turns. Since each turn in the Case White scenario is two days, the "more time" card would give two more turns.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 153
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/11/2011 3:55:44 AM   
RocketMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

Yep... watching this animation I'd say that the German has been far to cautious in his advance. The German mobile troops should be able to outrun the Poles at any time. Maybe he is overly worried about losses..... or maybe he's purchased the 4 extra turns option!

I want to make one more comment about this. The animation only shows the situation at the start of the Polish turn, not both the start and end of the turn, so it doesn't show how much separation the Polish units achieved between their front line units and the German units each turn. In the animation it looks like the Germans were always in contact with the Polish units, which is misleading as everywhere except for the North, Northeast and around Lodz the Poles retreated aggressively which forced the Germans to spend most of their action points every turn chasing the Polish units and didn't leave them very many action points left to attack with.

Having said that I would still say the Germans have not been aggressive enough.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 154
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/11/2011 9:32:59 AM   
Keunert

but i m still sceptic if there's a way for the german to cut off huge parts of the poles if the polish defender plays this strategy as well as rocketman.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 155
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/12/2011 5:05:26 AM   
RocketMan

Thanks Keunert. I gave gwgardner the advice to use this tactic in his AAR thread (see this post), but he ended up trying something different. When I started this game I wanted to see if my advice would actually work in a real game. So far it seems to hove worked pretty well.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 156
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/12/2011 9:29:46 PM   
Enigma6584

quote:

ORIGINAL: RocketMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedCharlie65

Excellent AAR!  It is a great read.  Could you post more screenshots of unit TO&Es?  I'm curious as to the make-up of the polish forces.

Sure. Shown below are a typical Polish Infantry Regiment, Artillery Regiment and Calvary Regiment.

Thanks. Interesting. So Polish Infantry used the BAR as a squad automatic weapon. I wonder what their typical rifle was?

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 157
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:27:47 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - Northeast - Narew Operational Group

Pulling back fast northeast of Bailystok and slower southwest of Bailystok.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 158
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:31:41 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - North - Modlin Operational Group

Trying to get a double line formed in this sector.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 159
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:40:17 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - West - Poznan Operational Group and Remnants of Pomorze Operational Group.

Pulled back the line a little to remove the bulge. There is still a regiment of the 15th Infantry Division holding out in Thorn, but it is the last Polish unit cut off anywhere.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 1/14/2011 3:30:11 PM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 160
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:48:20 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - Southwest - Lodz Operational Group with elements of Pomorze, Krakow and Poznan Operational Groups.

The Germans are going to have to fight for every hex if they want to reach Warsaw using this route.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by RocketMan -- 1/14/2011 2:49:22 PM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 161
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:55:33 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - South - Krakow Operational Group.

It looks like the Germans are swinging further East of Lodz with a significant portion of their mechanized forces and then either swinging north again towards Warsaw or continuing east towards Brest-Litowsk. Either way he is running out of time, as all the Polish forces need to do to keep the Germans from reaching Brest-Litowsk at this point is to keep them from driving down the roads unhindered.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 162
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:59:26 PM   
RocketMan

Turn 7 - End - Southeast - Karpathy Operational Group.

The rapid retreat to the northeast continues.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 163
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/14/2011 2:59:49 PM   
RocketMan

And that completes the tour of the front lines for the end of turn 7.

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 164
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/16/2011 5:46:07 AM   
Enigma6584

Very much enjoying the tour of FL.  Almost forgot to duck a few times though...

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 165
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/25/2011 1:33:36 AM   
RocketMan

Just a quick update. My opponent has been busy but thinks he can get me a turn this weekend sometime.

(in reply to Enigma6584)
Post #: 166
RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis... - 1/25/2011 10:15:00 PM   
Keunert

good to hear this will go on!

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 167
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> After Action Reports >> RE: Case White PBEM: RocketMan-Poland vs. CYORESS1-Axis : Polish Thread Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI