Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities - 12/18/2010 5:02:35 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

I have to laugh a little at some of these posts. If you saw the kinds of pockets that our experienced playtesters can get in 1941 against the Soviet AI (at Challenging level), you wouldn't be asking for any code that would get even more Soviet AI units pocketed. Let's see what you say after you get some experience.

U dont get 71 captured Rifle Divs in turn 13 with out being able to create pockets so its certainly possible in my experience.
Once one starts to learn the robes, but yes the AI seems very able in its retreat decsison process and thats only good IMHO.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 31
RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities - 12/18/2010 7:46:36 AM   
Redmarkus5

Impressive result and much better than my miserable performance.

As I say, this matter is subjective. Some will want the challenge of a clever AI 'sandbox'. Others will want a historical 'feel'. They might believe that the Soviets were able to evade pockets in 1941 or they might not. Some players might feel that having to focus so hard on creating AI pockets is an a-historical approach.

My personal view (just an opinion) is that the Germans were amazed by the huge numbers of prisoners they pocketed in 1941, and they were completely unprepared to handle them. Creating pockets was less challenging for the Germans than sealing them and collecting the prisoners. Personally, I would prefer to be struggling with supply and with those Soviet units that decide to stand and fight, rather than having to concentrate on figuring out how to prevent routed units from "flying" away into the distance.

The simple solution would be a couple of toggles in the Options screen for "Turn AI Evasion of Pockets ON/OFF in 1941", and a setting for "Keep routed units with n hexes of their starting hex".

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 32
RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities - 12/18/2010 9:40:04 AM   
PyleDriver

I think the Germans were more amazed by the huge amount of new units still facing them after the took all the prisioners...

Jon Pyle
AWD Beta tester
WBTS Alpha tester
WitE Alpha tester
WitW Alpha tester
WitE2 Alpha tester

(in reply to Redmarkus5)
Post #: 33
RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities - 12/18/2010 9:53:36 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: PyleDriver

I think the Germans were more amazed by the huge amount of new units still facing them after the took all the prisioners...

And aint that the truth in game too

Kind regard,

Rasmus

(in reply to PyleDriver)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> RE: Is the AI intentionally not defending Russian cities Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI