Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Turn 13

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 13 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Turn 13 - 2/7/2011 11:12:18 PM   
ComradeP

The only good news is in the Crimea, where the defensive CV's of Sevastopol's surrounding hexes are not too impressive (22 CV for the light woods hex, with two divisions in it). If he keeps a HQ in Sevastopol, the CV of Sevastopol itself shouldn't be too high either.

This was one of the first turns where I could take advantage of the no longer bugged CV modifiers for rough terrain, as Soviet CV didn't go through the roof, automatically winning them the battle. I successfully took a number of rough and swamp hexes.

Attachment (1)

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 181
RE: Turn 13 - 2/7/2011 11:16:27 PM   
ComradeP

Losses are starting to get ugly.

I believe I got 10 or so hold results. Some testers reported that due to the new changes, hasty attacks are now more functional. In my case, the Soviets got impressive CV increases I couldn't possibly match in a number of cases, albeit in battles where the result could've gone either way.

I normally don't make attacks that don't have a high chance of success, but I was encouraged by the reports on the tester forum.

In other words: next turn I'll mostly initiate battles I'm more or less guaranteed to win, as the Soviets can still fairly easily stop stacks with 2-3 times their CV during a hasty attack.

The main problem in terms of losses remains that the routing Soviet units barely take any considering the result of the battle and the scale of the game. 2500 losses is simply not good enough.

Even with pockets, I'm barely getting a 5:1 loss ratio, which isn't nearly good enough on the long term.

My gun losses are skyrocketing, I'm not sure why they're suddenly increasing like this so I'll ask on the tester forum 600-800 guns lost per turn doesn't sound like a rate German armament production can sustain.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ComradeP -- 2/7/2011 11:18:56 PM >

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 182
RE: Turn 14 - 2/7/2011 11:24:08 PM   
ComradeP

Assuming half of the divisions I've killed have returned thus far, I can see around 1/2 to 2/3 of his Rifle divisions. Their CV's are still fairly low mostly, they pack a punch on the defense but they mostly win when attacking due to the odds bonus or a good CV modification.

My opponent should really have started counterattacking earlier, and more often. Considering the problems I'm facing without him doing that, I don't really want to know what kind of problems I would've faced then, but with 2000-3000 mostly retreat attrition losses for each attack on my elite mobile units, he could fairly easily have effectively killed around 3 mobile divisions by now.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 183
RE: Turn 14 - 2/11/2011 1:29:23 PM   
ComradeP

The game is temporarily on hold due to my opponent being away until March.

A restart has been mentioned as an option should there be significant changes in the next month, but currently we're both in favour of keeping this game going.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 184
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Turn 13 Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI