Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Correct Soviet Air Doctrine

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Correct Soviet Air Doctrine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Correct Soviet Air Doctrine - 1/10/2011 2:58:22 PM   
FredSanford3

Actually I believe ComradeP was referring to Soviet AF on airbase bombing missions in 1941 being too effective (or really, I think, CAP is NOT effective). I played a Road to Moscow as the Soviets recently, and pretty much managed to knock the Luftwaffe out of the war. I stumbled upon that in the last 4-5 turns of that scenario. The Germans were driving on Moscow, and I figure it was 'now or never' with what I had assumed would be virtual suicide missions, and just started flinging everything that would fly at the German airbases. Turned out it worked, and I had a roughly 1:1 loss ratio. Which, when the SU has ~2,000 a/c vs. ~600 for the Germans, is sure domination. After about 4 turns of steady airbase bombing, the Germans were down to less than 200 a/c, and those were almost all recon planes (which I didn't go after).

(in reply to BletchleyGeek)
Post #: 31
RE: Correct Soviet Air Doctrine - 1/10/2011 6:11:21 PM   
Blind Sniper

Thanks Bletchley_Geek and Franklin Nimitz but I just wondering how the ground support works given that seems almost useless looking the combat report (maybe under the hood it works properly).

WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

(in reply to FredSanford3)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Correct Soviet Air Doctrine Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI