Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Where to get scenarios ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> RE: Where to get scenarios ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/11/2011 6:29:43 PM   
JRyan

Sunburn - Point Taken..........
But I had to speak my mind on things, when I left I had hoped it would not be the same.

Good Luck on Red Pill and I MEAN that.

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 31
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/11/2011 10:23:35 PM   
mikmykWS

Thanks for the link to the wayback machine.

There have been times when I think your sense of what's clever has been a little off and judging from the date on this you haven't really moved forward. Why was bragging about this on another public forum a good idea...really?

I don't think there is any good reason to respond to your posts anymore.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 1/11/2011 10:29:02 PM >

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 32
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/11/2011 11:15:27 PM   
JRyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk I don't think there is any good reason to respond to your posts anymore.

Now we SEE motive! This is Classic....

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 33
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/11/2011 11:46:00 PM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Thanks for the link to the wayback machine.

No need for that. Usually it's Dimitris who posts it, or freely gives the link to others. This to make people belive that it is general knowledge how "I also seem to take great pride in causing arguments and confusion" - only to be sadly (and funnily ) aced because he forgets he is using using Google Greece.

quote:

There have been times when I think your sense of what's clever has been a little off and judging from the date on this you haven't really moved forward.

I feel you: there are times when I think the sense of the community of what's really true and important for the progress of Harpoon is a little off, with "plonks" and insults being instead freely banded around. And judging from the date on this:

Always get a kick out of what Herman thinks is witty.
Plonk.

< Message edited by mikmyk -- 8/9/2006 4:42:32 PM >

...it hasn't really moved forward.

quote:

I don't think there is any good reason to respond to your posts anymore.

Amen to that. I notice how some people post tons of word after a post of mine, but they seldom actually answer to what I wrote anyway. So... bye

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 34
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 12:34:56 AM   
JRyan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo Beretta
Amen to that. I notice how some people post tons of word after a post of mine, but they seldom actually answer to what I wrote anyway. So... bye

So for the record, you claim that Herman did not in any way plagiarize the DB2000, and also that he did not use the scenario rebuilder without permission? And he has not with the help of stooges try to cover this up?

Is this what you claim? You try to use clever comments etc, but alas....You will not answer the question as I assume Herman will not. The proof was posted for those that want to see it, so you still try the slick " I need to see proof " claim.

WE SEE THROUGH YOU!

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 35
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 1:08:38 AM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: JRyan

quote:

So for the record, you claim that Herman did not in any way plagiarize the DB2000, and also that he did not use the scenario rebuilder without permission? And he has not with the help of stooges try to cover this up?

Is this what you claim? You try to use clever comments etc, but alas....You will not answer the question as I assume Herman will not. The proof was posted for those that want to see it, so you still try the slick " I need to see proof " claim.

WE SEE THROUGH YOU!

Yes everybody does. Don't get too caught up in this stuff at this point he's just trying to get people banned.

Ya know cause he thinks its funny "ehehehehehehe"

Anyways....starting to think about maybe a new scenario set or something. Just to show how much we really "hate" Harpoon. Might even shoot them Frans's way so I can prove that we hate other people's websites too. Chumps

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 36
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 2:17:46 AM   
JRyan

Ah he isn't going to get to me, I just wanted to state the facts and call him on it.....Funny thing is, he is irrelevant!

Carry on...

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 37
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 2:42:04 AM   
Bucks

If you can't say something nice about somebody, STFU.

You all claim to have the best of intentions for Harpoon but here we are again, digging up something that doesn't matter anymore. You all make me sick and seriously, I'm considering if it's worth sinking time into a project where people just come in and start a flame war every time a serious post is made. I might suggest the "pill poppers" (sorry couldn't help that, you set 'em up and I'll smack 'em outta the ground) are here on a sabotage mission. Keep raising this rubbish here and cheese the Harpoon players off and the "Pill" get's a greater share of the naval Wargaming market...

Thanks to you all for attempting to kill off Harpoon and waste the last 4&1/2 years of work & my life I've sunk into this. Why don't you all take a very long walk on a very short pier or better yet go play in heavy traffic.

Get over it, it's done and dusted and IMHO you should p#ss off. If none of you have anything constructive to offer, go away. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, I'm over this crap and may very well approach Matrix to have any future threads like this disappear, it's pathetic and simply helps destroy this game.

Darren Buckley

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 38
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 3:11:25 AM   
JRyan

Sorry, I guess l let it get to me...I had been out of the loop for a while and lost control of myself. So I take the blame for this thread and I apologize....

I don't want to piss anyone off really, and Darren your work is appreciated as always. I like both versions of Harpoon and will continue to play them as I can..Harpoon will not go away for a long time....It will adjust.

And this is just an opinion, but what was once called TNH at one point hopefully will become Harpoon 5. It might be a while though..

And last but not least.....Happy Pooning everyone...

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 39
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 10:06:14 AM   
Vincenzo_Beretta

Darren,

I fully agree with you. I know that we disagree on many issues, but I agree that doing something for Harpoon is getting harder and harder. The "why" escapes me.

JRyan,

remember what I told you? How it is easy to fumble? You thought you were on a Righteous Crusade. Actually, you were acting as a disrupting herald for a group who actively despises the current iterations of Harpoon and is working on a competing game. This is why is important to always check facts and to form a personal opinion - which I'll then respect. You have my word on this.

Everytime anyone has doubts about something he only needs to ask (possibly to all the involved parties): everyone in the community is always reachable. Only in this openess lies the way for a good future of the game.

Friends again?

(in reply to JRyan)
Post #: 40
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 11:54:42 AM   
Jorm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorm

Hi all,

please excuse a newbie question.

I have played previous versions of harpoon 2 and 3 and am planning to get this game for the new years break to play.

There seem to be a number of sites containing player databases and scenarios that seem to require specific versions of the game or database, its a rather bewildering and almost a daunting prospect trying to get my weeny brain about it all.

Is there a simple FAQ that can assist me in letting me know where to get user made scenarios and what database i need to play them, and indeed is it easy to swap simply between the multiple databases it seems i may need ?.

I recall there were some excellent scenarios divided into time periods ( WWII. cold war , time of missiles etc)which i would like to give a bash but i dont want to purchase this new version of the game only to find it doesnt work with these scenarios.

any help would be greatly appreciated. I have had a look through the many FAQ's available but they all leap into the deep end, use multiple acronymns and dont give really me this sort of basic info im after.

cheers
J

wow :-/ , don't think ill buy this game after all. Im more confused than when i asked the initial question about what databases to use. Seriously, im not really that much clearer on if i buy the game will i be getting any 'new' scenarios with it, and if not what databases should i use. Im gathering there is some HUGE level of previous discussion about database design and validity that im missing and by the sounds of it, really dont want to know.

cheers to all who tried to help
J

< Message edited by Jorm -- 1/12/2011 12:05:31 PM >

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 41
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 12:10:57 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

Darren,
I fully agree with you. I know that we disagree on many issues, but I agree that doing something for Harpoon is getting harder and harder. The "why" escapes me.

(I initially looked for "Lick where you spat" but unfortunately Google isn't helping.)

So Darren, next time he and Herman drag you (as part of AGSI's circle) through the mud on UN or any wargaming forum (approximately 12 minutes from now, judging from statistics), just remember one thing: They fully agree with you

quote:

Actually, you were acting as a disrupting herald for a group who actively despises the current iterations of Harpoon and is working on a competing game.

Herman is developing a new game? BRAVO!!!

Unless you meant anyone else, in which case:

Friends again, Vinnie?

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 42
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 12:38:19 PM   
Dimitris

Darren: Contrary to what you may been told (or whispered in your ear), the Red Pill crew does not harbor ill feelings towards the AGSI dev team, and does not view them as cut-throat competition. To suggest that this would be the case simply because we are developing a somewhat similar product, is ridiculous. (Try to picture e.g. Arjuna conspiring to sabotage all other dev teams so that his games have no competition.)

Our goal is to make the best possible simulation in our class, and succeed (or fail) purely on our own merits - not by virtue of being the only game in town. If pressure from RP or GCB makes AGSI improve Harpoon significantly, all the better - and I'll be a customer. This is not a zero-sum niche; everyone can win if his product is good enough.

If someone is trying to steer you to consider RP or GCB as existential threats to your work on Harpoon, ask yourself what _their_ stake is. You might be surprised.

Back to work...

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 43
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 12:46:36 PM   
JRyan

quote:

JRyan,remember what I told you? How it is easy to fumble? You thought you were on a Righteous Crusade. Actually, you were acting as a disrupting herald for a group who actively despises the current iterations of Harpoon and is working on a competing game

I didn't fumble, I just stated what I wanted to state. If it pissed people off then what can I say? I didn't commit the crime. Yeah Yeah Red Pill, I will state OPENLY I hope they succeed, as does GCB, as does Harpoon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo BerettaThis is why is important to always check facts and to form a personal opinion - which I'll then respect. You have my word on this.

You would not know facts if they bit you.... Your Word? That's funny!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vincenzo BerettaEverytime anyone has doubts about something he only needs to ask (possibly to all the involved parties): everyone in the community is always reachable. Only in this openess lies the way for a good future of the game.Friends again?

I would just rather you leave the thread, its all been covered.

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 44
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 1:32:20 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bucks

If you can't say something nice about somebody, STFU.

You all claim to have the best of intentions for Harpoon but here we are again, digging up something that doesn't matter anymore. You all make me sick and seriously, I'm considering if it's worth sinking time into a project where people just come in and start a flame war every time a serious post is made. I might suggest the "pill poppers" (sorry couldn't help that, you set 'em up and I'll smack 'em outta the ground) are here on a sabotage mission. Keep raising this rubbish here and cheese the Harpoon players off and the "Pill" get's a greater share of the naval Wargaming market...

Thanks to you all for attempting to kill off Harpoon and waste the last 4&1/2 years of work & my life I've sunk into this. Why don't you all take a very long walk on a very short pier or better yet go play in heavy traffic.

Get over it, it's done and dusted and IMHO you should p#ss off. If none of you have anything constructive to offer, go away. The Judge's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into, I'm over this crap and may very well approach Matrix to have any future threads like this disappear, it's pathetic and simply helps destroy this game.

Darren Buckley

I don't think threatening to quit or carrying on into a webforum has ever been particularly helpful either. Pretty dramatic really.

RP isn't a competing product yet and its no different than Tony's stratsim stuff or the many different kinds of game in the same genres here. You might also consider that we might ultimately pitch RP to matrix for publishing if we decide to go that route.

Right now my focus here is helping Harpoon and talking to some old friends. Remember most of us had 4.5 years in to this project as well so it might just be in our interest to see it succeed. I've very sorry you view me being here differently but will work to try and improve that opinion.

(in reply to Bucks)
Post #: 45
RE: Where to get scenarios ? - 1/12/2011 2:38:34 PM   
uncleharpoon

I'm going to ask nicely that we shut this down now.

1. It isn't contributing to naval sim's, in particular the sponsor of this board - Harpoon.
2. It isn't about Scenarios.
3. It doesn't build good will or better friendships.

Move on, do something positive.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> RE: Where to get scenarios ? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI