Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 3/18/2011 10:50:31 PM   
Keunert

cool! any info on what you plan to pack into a big update?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 31
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 3/20/2011 11:44:52 PM   
Hexagon

Great news, the update sounds interesting, for me the only problem with game is on formations highlight (at army level, corps level and division level) and maybe a little with the non reinforcement for units, in a future if serie cover long battles or massive battles add a system to have stocks of replacements (soldiers, tanks, planes...) and a way to reinforce damage units (a good way to force player to retreat damage units because can recover then) could be a good way to increase the game deep.

Ummmm a new title... here i can say that prefer a title covering east front but maybe Vic prefer follow a time line for the serie... a title covering the "small" actions on Balcans (from Yugoslavia to Creta) is interesting but maybe more for a small level... battalion. Well, only can say good luck and wait for a good game for team play i prefer 2 armies and divide units play with nations... much better for games like AT.

PD: ATG is close... maybe this week???

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 32
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 4/6/2011 1:05:13 AM   
helm123456789

I'm one of those that like to kick the tires on anything I buy.  Tried Advanced Tactics and it wasn't my cup of tea.  Not a bad game but just didn't give me that feel.  And WtP has this card system and any war game that has a card system makes me a little hesitant.  All the reviews and AAR reports are nice but just don't give you the same ability as kicking the tires a few times to get the feel.

Remember the CM forums when SF came out and you had two camps.  One camp said it was the cat's meow and well umm the other crowd said different.  Even seemed like reviewer's that were part of the beta group praised it.  Just get the feeling that many times the ones writing AAR's and reviews have an impression of the game that is influenced by their involvement in raising the child.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 33
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 4/6/2011 10:23:59 AM   
Keunert

i am not involved into matrix or vic's company. but i have to say i love this game a lot. it is just the right amount of complexity, the right scale and enough historical accuracy for me.
it's less complex than what i read about WitE, so having with kids and family this is just the right game for me: i am able to play a pbem turn in about half an hour and i don't have to fiddle with supply / administration issues too much.

i don't see much discussion on the quality of this game. looks like almost all of the owners like what they got.

(in reply to helm123456789)
Post #: 34
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 4/7/2011 4:32:15 AM   
critter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keunert

i am not involved into matrix or vic's company. but i have to say i love this game a lot. it is just the right amount of complexity, the right scale and enough historical accuracy for me.
it's less complex than what i read about WitE, so having with kids and family this is just the right game for me: i am able to play a pbem turn in about half an hour and i don't have to fiddle with supply / administration issues too much.

i don't see much discussion on the quality of this game. looks like almost all of the owners like what they got.

I agree.
Between Rocketman and Vic my questions are answered and all thats left is to play the game.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 35
RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? - 4/7/2011 6:33:55 PM   
SlickWilhelm

Yep, count me as another satisfied customer. DC:W2P has, if you'll excuse the pun, a slick interface and is easy to get into. Strangely, I decided to play the Operation Sealion scenario as my first, since it's the smallest.

Like Keunert, I believe this game has the perfectly balanced mix of complexity and historical accuracy. The addition of the "playing cards" feature is brilliant. Vic is really earning himself a stellar reputation in the wargaming world. I can't wait to get my hands on AT: Gold.

(in reply to critter)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> RE: This looks like a swell game, Why no activity? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI