Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Industry question - No Scott1964

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Industry question - No Scott1964 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 10:56:26 AM   
VSWG

*smokescreen**smokescreen**smokescreen*

How long will the initial Japanese reservers of fuel/oil last without any conquests in the DEI and Burma (except Miri and Brunei, both 50% damaged)? Game date is June 1942. My opponent has been very active with his fleet, with most of his carriers permanently at sea, so fuel consumption by ships should be high, too. When will he have to shut down his industry in order to keep his fleet at sea?

Post #: 1
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 12:39:34 PM   
KenchiSulla

Without new sources, depending on scenario and his production habits - give or take in about another 6 months... but he should be completely screwed then as only drops are coming in to feed his industry. How did he fail to take the oil areas?

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 1/22/2011 12:40:28 PM >

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 2
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 2:34:12 PM   
VSWG

Thanks. So the Japanese economy can run for a full year without imports from DEI/Burma... Scen. 1, BTW.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

How did he fail to take the oil areas?

Many, many DEI invasion convoys sunk by ABDA surface combat TFs. A large Japanese army impaled itself with several shock attacks against lvl 5 forts at Clark Field. Singapore is still Allied, too. Japanese advance in Burma stalled at Moulmein.

He has no reserves, so he cannot force a decision in any of these theaters.

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 3
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 5:21:33 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Thanks. So the Japanese economy can run for a full year without imports from DEI/Burma... Scen. 1, BTW.

quote:

How did he fail to take the oil areas?

Many, many DEI invasion convoys sunk by ABDA surface combat TFs. A large Japanese army impaled itself with several shock attacks against lvl 5 forts at Clark Field. Singapore is still Allied, too. Japanese advance in Burma stalled at Moulmein.

He has no reserves, so he cannot force a decision in any of these theaters.

Ugh. He's in a bad spot. Singapore not fallen by June 1942? Oh man...

What's the status of Medan, Soerbaja, Balikpapan and-most importantly-Palembang?

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 4
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 5:23:42 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Ugh. He's in a bad spot. Singapore not fallen by June 1942? Oh man...

What's the status of Medan, Soerbaja, Balikpapan and-most importantly-Palembang?

+1

Pax

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 5:52:17 PM   
vonTirpitz

I agree with Cannonfodder. Unless your opponent can secure the SRA oil (and get it back to the HI) in the next six months they will have some nasty production problems to deal with starting in early 43. I would guess that, in that case, the allies have a good chance at containing the IJN by the end of 43. You will still be forced to wait until 44-45 to get sufficient men and material to conquer the HI but you might be able to squeeze out a VP win depending on how well your forces take advantage of the situation. Sounds like you've done pretty good thus far.

quote:

Without new sources, depending on scenario and his production habits - give or take in about another 6 months... but he should be completely screwed then as only drops are coming in to feed his industry. How did he fail to take the oil areas?

(in reply to KenchiSulla)
Post #: 6
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 6:08:53 PM   
VSWG

All still Allied.

Japanese bases in the yellow areas are neutralized by Allied LBA.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 7
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 6:12:44 PM   
VSWG

Right now AIF troops are streaming into Balikpapan and Kendari, which are lvl 5 air fields with 150+ AvSupport. Palembang will receive a CW Bde soon. The Dutch troops are dug in, are at 100 % TOE and have high morale and experience. The Dutch, British and US air forces are intact and have some reserves.

I was hoping to keep my opponent away from Java until his fuel runs out, but if this will take another 6 months, then I guess I better bring in the US boys, too...

The downside: I lost Lex and Sara while refueling near the Solomons in Jan 1942 (no loss to KB), and Formidable, Illustrious and Indomitable a couple of days ago in the DEI (in return 1 TT each into Hiyo, Junyo and Hosho).

< Message edited by VSWG -- 1/22/2011 6:16:08 PM >

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 8
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 6:21:21 PM   
Alfred

VSWG,

You are in an excllent position.

The quickest way to get Japan to exhaust its rapidly declining fuel levels is to use your US and perhaps even your AIF troops to lauch a counter offensive. You are not far from reopening the SLOCs to your remaining Filipino bases. Another axis to consider is moving against Marcus Island.

If I were you, I would give serious consideration to moving over to the offensive rather than digging in. Remember the Japanese amphibious bonus has ended.

Alfred

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 9
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 7:24:38 PM   
VSWG

I thought about a CentPac move, but I'm down 5 flattops now (2 US, 3 British) with only superficial damage to KB, so any invasion fleet not covered by LBA will get sunk. I retook Tarawa without losses when I knew that KB was in the DEI, though.

Besides reinforcing the DEI, I'm in the process of building-up some of the many bypassed bases in the Solomons and Guinea, like Milne Bay and Munda, thus cutting of the Japanese advanced bases at Port Moresby and Tulagi/Guadalcanal. I can also apply a lot of LBA pressure on the Marshall Islands from Wake and Tarawa.

...but then, why fight in the Pacific, when I (hopefully) can end the game in the DEI in 1942?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 10
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 7:36:32 PM   
Alfred

Agreed. I did not specify the first axis (the reopening of the SLOCs to the Phillippines) was via the DEI, having left it as being understood when I referred to the AIF and not digging in. Sorry, my mistake for allowing the misunderstanding by not being precise enough.

Alfred

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 11
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 9:08:19 PM   
BigBadWolf

Well, speaking from JFB point of view, he should be sharpening his sword by now.

No, wait, scratch that. He should commit suicide with a blunt one

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 12
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 11:23:46 PM   
Chickenboy

Yeah, no kidding. 

VSWG, you've got him on the ropes already in 1942, dude.  You're doing exactly the right thing.  Please consider reinforcing Java with LBA and LCUs to make it inpenetrable.  I wouldn't monkey about with any CentPac offensive for goodness sake.  He's given you an opportunity to crush him in the DEI, no sense ignoring this incredible opportunity in the DEI in favor of an unnecessary indulgence in the CentPac.

With neutralization of Brunei and Miri and a failure to capture Balikpapan, Medan and-especially-Palembang his war will be over soon.  Since you're already in June 1942, I expect a complete economic collapse before the new year.

Well done indeed!

Now finish him!

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 13
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/22/2011 11:25:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: VSWG
...but then, why fight in the Pacific, when I (hopefully) can end the game in the DEI in 1942?

Yer right!

(in reply to VSWG)
Post #: 14
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/23/2011 1:53:45 AM   
VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Agreed. I did not specify the first axis (the reopening of the SLOCs to the Phillippines) was via the DEI, having left it as being understood when I referred to the AIF and not digging in. Sorry, my mistake for allowing the misunderstanding by not being precise enough.

Alfred

Interesting idea. Trying to dicate the terms of battle despite enemy superiority. He'd be forced to fight my battles, not his.

Right now the eastern DEI is teeming with Japanese carriers, though. I could probably fake an invasion in CentPac, or against the Kuriles, and try to draw his carriers away, but I'm running out of time - Bataan should hold another month, maybe 6 weeks, but not more.

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 15
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/23/2011 2:00:44 AM   
VSWG

quote:

Yeah, no kidding. 

VSWG, you've got him on the ropes already in 1942, dude.  You're doing exactly the right thing.  Please consider reinforcing Java with LBA and LCUs to make it inpenetrable.  I wouldn't monkey about with any CentPac offensive for goodness sake.  He's given you an opportunity to crush him in the DEI, no sense ignoring this incredible opportunity in the DEI in favor of an unnecessary indulgence in the CentPac.

Agreed. The problem is AvSupport, though. I can easily throw another 200 British and 300 US planes into the fray at Java, but AvSupport is critical already in the DEI.

The other question is: do I continue to reinforce the perimeter (Palembang, Balikpapan, Makassar, Kendari), or do I stack everything on Java. Right now I'm leaning towards the former, with a reserve on Java (18th Div, probably). Anyway, time to move the Marines from the Pacific to the DEI, methinks...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 16
RE: Industry question - No Scott1964 - 1/23/2011 2:19:39 AM   
stuman

quote:

Yeah, no kidding. 

With neutralization of Brunei and Miri and a failure to capture Balikpapan, Medan and-especially-Palembang his war will be over soon.  Since you're already in June 1942, I expect a complete economic collapse before the new year.

Well done indeed!

Now finish him!

Damn you are a bloodthirsty guy !

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Industry question - No Scott1964 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI