Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 9:43:46 PM   
SunDowner

I have B5N Kate DI-3 Daitai on board Zuikaku with ZERO A/C remaining, but the Air Group still exists on the CV and I cannot get rid of the Air Group to allow more A/C to transfer onboard CV. (I assume that 6 Air Groups are the limit beacuse I cannot transfer any more carrier trained/capable A/C to CV even though I have room for at least 9 more A/C). There are no remnants remaining and the OOB is greyed-out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by cward31548 -- 2/1/2011 10:33:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 10:07:36 PM   
Nomad

Is the CV docked? It will need to be docked to transfer it to the base you are docked at. There is only 1 pilot and he is in group reserve.

< Message edited by Nomad -- 2/1/2011 10:37:18 PM >

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 10:11:42 PM   
SunDowner

Nomad,
That was my first thought, but The Unit OOB is greyed-out and can't be clicked. I have searched all Ground/Naval Groups for fragments with no joy. I thought that the (0)1 next to ready pilots was the pilot and not the A/C itself. My TF is currently underway and unfourtunately I cannot dock at this time, but will try that when possible.

Thanks Nomad

< Message edited by cward31548 -- 2/1/2011 10:15:36 PM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 10:19:30 PM   
Mynok

It is the pilot. You will definitely have to be docked to get it off of there.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 4
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 10:32:35 PM   
SunDowner

The remaining pilot is the Group Commander. So I am assuming the Commanders presence represents the entire group, and therefore the group can't be removed without an operational A/C present. Seems a bit bogus, maybe there should be a "Seppuku Option" for Air Group Commanders with no operational aircraft to command. Too bad though, because 9 more strike A/C would sure be handy now in my current scenario.

Thanks a lot Mynok

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 5
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 10:54:53 PM   
inqistor

You can not disband CV unit, and you have to have a plane to fly it out. When your CV dock you can transfer unit to land, or give it planes, so it can fly out.
I think this unit will stay even, when there will be 0 planes, and 0 pilots. Actually you can transfer this pilot out. He is in group reserve, so just choose another group, and REQUEST VETERAN from DI-3, but empty group will stay on CV anyway.

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 6
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/1/2011 11:35:47 PM   
SunDowner

Thanks inqistor. I am going to try and transfer pilot out to another Air Group. But it sure seems like this might be an unexpected consequence of program code as 1 pilot would certainly not hold up the transfer of A/C to a CV in a real world scenario.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 7
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/2/2011 12:50:24 AM   
Local Yokel

You appear still to have the option of 'Request Veteran', which might get you an additional pilot, if that's what's preventing the transfer of the unit. Not sure what's going on here: are you saying that the only listed pilot is the unit commander Lt Yamagami, but that he's not present on ship, being still in Group Reserve status?

If you can't get the group off the ship by drawing a pilot, you may need to get the ship to a base at which you can draw an additional aircraft - off-ship transfer ought to be possible then.

I'm puzzled by the unit's identity. The code is for the 3rd unit of the DI hikokitai, which would be correct for Hiyo post-Midway, although by then I would expect it to be equipped with B5N2's rather than B5N1's. Before this the DI code was applied to Ryujo's airgroup, but she only embarked 2 squadrons rather than 3, suggesting that this unit did not originate from Ryujo. This suggests that the unit has been transferred into Zuikaku from another ship. I can't see any particular reason for this being relevant to your problem, but I wonder whether it might have something to do with it.

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 8
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/2/2011 8:33:25 AM   
LoBaron

CV air groups cannot be disbanded/withdrawn.

To transfer the squad you need at least 1 plane.

When the CV is docked next time simply klick "get pilot" (this adds the commander back to the active pilots) and
pull 1 plane from the reserves.
Dock the CV and transfer the squad to base. (alternatively you could wait until the plane is repaired and fly the squad off)

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 9
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/2/2011 5:06:15 PM   
inqistor

Actually, when you dock, you just should fill unit with planes, and pilots. That would be simplest solution. Pilots are automatically made active, when there are more planes, than active pilots.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 10
RE: Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group - 2/2/2011 8:29:04 PM   
CV2

quote:

ORIGINAL: cward31548

Thanks inqistor. I am going to try and transfer pilot out to another Air Group. But it sure seems like this might be an unexpected consequence of program code as 1 pilot would certainly not hold up the transfer of A/C to a CV in a real world scenario.

The pilot has nothing to do with it. You (as many people have said before) have to DOCK THE SHIP to transfer it out.

(in reply to SunDowner)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Cannot transfer, disband, or withdraw IJN CV Air Group Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI