Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 - 4/12/2011 4:41:54 AM   
Buck Beach

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

Strangeish problem.

I run the install and it creates a folder called Beta2 within the main AE directory. It does NOT create a shortcut. That's fine though, i can create that myself. For testing though I just double click on the Executable in Beta2.

When I do that the game crashes and states "Error: Unable to find PW Data."

BTw the Beta2 directory contains the executable and pwsdll.dll

That's it. So, what am I missing?

My "shortcut" was deposited directly on the desktop with the install as others had reported. I hadn't recognized it because I had so many other WITPAE shortcuts already.

Buck

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 331
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 - 4/12/2011 5:16:03 AM   
mjk428

Michael,

I started a thread about supply massing in Madras. It seems that supply will move to the largest base or port first and foremost.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2780376

In case this is not WAD, here is a save.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 332
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/12/2011 2:26:17 PM   
PaxMondo

Been noticing this myself.  Used to be able to get Resources to flow to Fusan by simply pulling from there long enough.  But now, it seems that they will pool in Pt Arthur no matter and leave 19,000 resources in Fusan.  Supplies hang in PA as well, but you have your demand buttons to address that.   What I am trying to check is whether or not I am actually getting the full turn load of resources onto the ships at Fusan.  I am clearly loading more than 19,000 per turn.

One thing is now clear though; computer convoys (not CS, but computer) are not working for me with Fusan only being at 19,000.  When I start everything looks fine the furst run, it loads, runs to Fukuoka, unloads and returns.  But then it just sits at Fusan without loading again.   I suspect that the computer setting looks to see that there isn't enough resource and so won't start loading.  I'm having to run my convoys manually.

Fusan can only be built to size 8 port compared to PA's size 9.  I'm building up Fusan's air field to see if the combined total will make a difference..  Like mjk428, only reporting here.  Not sure if this is WAD or not.

Pax

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 333
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/12/2011 3:07:46 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

Been noticing this myself.  Used to be able to get Resources to flow to Fusan by simply pulling from there long enough.  But now, it seems that they will pool in Pt Arthur no matter and leave 19,000 resources in Fusan.  Supplies hang in PA as well, but you have your demand buttons to address that.   What I am trying to check is whether or not I am actually getting the full turn load of resources onto the ships at Fusan.  I am clearly loading more than 19,000 per turn.

One thing is now clear though; computer convoys (not CS, but computer) are not working for me with Fusan only being at 19,000.  When I start everything looks fine the furst run, it loads, runs to Fukuoka, unloads and returns.  But then it just sits at Fusan without loading again.   I suspect that the computer setting looks to see that there isn't enough resource and so won't start loading.  I'm having to run my convoys manually.

Fusan can only be built to size 8 port compared to PA's size 9.  I'm building up Fusan's air field to see if the combined total will make a difference..  Like mjk428, only reporting here.  Not sure if this is WAD or not.

Can you add a save with the situation in Fusan not loading?
Want to see if anything is being drawn to or from that port.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 334
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 - 4/12/2011 7:43:02 PM   
Nemo121

Thanks for the help guys....

I got it working both ways - with my own shortcut made as per the suggestions here and by scouring my screenspace for a shortcut ( which I found buried ).... I run two 1680 x 1050 monitors and the shortcut popped up on the subsidiary one I use for surfing etc.... Oops, thanks for the help though.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 335
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 12:43:10 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

Gonna have to run a couple of turns to create it. I've been manually loading and all of my recent saves have it that way. Try to have it for you tomorrow.

Pax

Post #: 336
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 8:51:44 AM   
aprezto

Hello Michael;

Great to see all this great work you're doing. I know the goal posts keep moving, but I've not noted this as a change in the wings, my apologies if you've covered it. To do with GUI around amphib TFs:

I'd like to be able to change the Opmode of a land unit when you're putting together an amphib TF. Currently the amphib window just informs you that a unit is not in combat mode (or strategic mode for that matter with a transport) TF. Presently you have to exit the TF, change Opmode of the units, and then return to the TF to load up - seems like an unnecessary requirement.

Another is to add the target preparation location of each LCU when choosing what to load on an amphib TF. At present I have to go to the land units, order by prep location, find the units I have set up for an amphib, write them down, and then add the units on the list when I go to the amphib screen. Maybe this has already been done, you seem to have covered a swag of informational stuff already.

Anyway, just thought I'd add the request.

Image courtesy of Divepac

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 337
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 12:21:21 PM   
m10bob

If I had a "wish list" item for a patch, I would like to have an option to include CVE's to ASW groups, for obvious reason.

U 505 was captured by USS Guadalcanal, a CVE, IIRC.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by m10bob -- 4/13/2011 12:24:45 PM >

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 338
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 1:26:18 PM   
Bradley7735

quote:

ORIGINAL: aprezto

Another is to add the target preparation location of each LCU when choosing what to load on an amphib TF. At present I have to go to the land units, order by prep location, find the units I have set up for an amphib, write them down, and then add the units on the list when I go to the amphib screen. Maybe this has already been done, you seem to have covered a swag of informational stuff already.

+1

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 339
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 3:00:35 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

Hello Michael;

Great to see all this great work you're doing. I know the goal posts keep moving, but I've not noted this as a change in the wings, my apologies if you've covered it. To do with GUI around amphib TFs:

I'd like to be able to change the Opmode of a land unit when you're putting together an amphib TF. Currently the amphib window just informs you that a unit is not in combat mode (or strategic mode for that matter with a transport) TF. Presently you have to exit the TF, change Opmode of the units, and then return to the TF to load up - seems like an unnecessary requirement.

Anyway, just thought I'd add the request.

I tried to add the LCU screen to the Loading screen, but it is more complicated than that. The screen locked up when returning to the loading screen.
I'll have to put this aside until later.

Michael

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 340
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 3:04:29 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gonna have to run a couple of turns to create it. I've been manually loading and all of my recent saves have it that way. Try to have it for you tomorrow.

Michael,

Here you go a save with a TF at Fusan not yet loading. I've been cycling cargo TF's here since about 20Dec, so about 14 turns or so. Note the large store yet at PA. Not sure if WAD or not. I can manually fill TF's. But on computer mode, they won't refill upon return. They just sit. I suspect because Fusan only show 19,000 or so resources and so it thinks it cannot fill.

Not sure if WAD or not. Appreciate you looking into it.

This is a mod based upon Andy's Ironman Allied and GC1. I don't think that matters though for this issue, but no doubt you will see some units that are not in the GC.

Attachment (1)

Pax

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 341
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/13/2011 3:04:32 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

I think that this is already been done.

The op mode and combat mode will be shown on the LCU screen when viewed.

Michael

(in reply to aprezto)
Post #: 342
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 4:16:50 PM   
michaelm75au

The next build will expand the stockpiling option to bases. The code had hooks for this (added in last patch) but I hadn't activated it.
You will be able to stockpile supply, fuel, resource and oil at bases. This means that bases will retain these and not allow other bases to access them.
Note that this applies only to supply&resource movement between bases, normal LCU and industry access is not affected.

Michael

Post #: 343
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 4:28:10 PM   
Sardaukar

quote:

The next build will expand the stockpiling option to bases. The code had hooks for this (added in last patch) but I hadn't activated it.
You will be able to stockpile supply, fuel, resource and oil at bases. This means that bases will retain these and not allow other bases to access them.
Note that this applies only to supply&resource movement between bases, normal LCU and industry access is not affected.

OMG! Can I now stuckpile fuel for ships for example in Brisbane and not have it being sucked to industry in other parts of Australia?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 344
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 4:28:16 PM   
michaelm75au

Okay.

Ships will only load supply/resoures if there are some available after deducting the base requirements from that stored.
I noticed something similar while testing stockpiling. There never was any spare oil to load at a base as the oil required equaled the oil stored, and the amount produced by the base equaled that being processed the same turn.
The ship sat there for several turns.

I turned off the industry in the base, and the next turn the ship loaded the oil that was in excess of needs. Which was basically the amount being produced at the base.

One thing I also noted was that stopping the industry in the base did not affect the base's needs for that resource (oil) used by the industry (refinery). This could be causing distribution issues as bases are holding onto resources that can't be used by that base at the present time. Freeing up the base requirement allowed the ship to load all the stored oil.

The next build will remove this limitation so that the un-used resources can be sent to bases that might neeed them.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 345
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 4:31:15 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

OMG! Can I now stuckpile fuel for ships for example in Brisbane and not have it being sucked to industry in other parts of Australia?

That's the theory.

No matter how smart the distribution method gets, there is always going to be some case where the PLAYER wants to keep huge stockpiles in one place determined by the player rather than the AI's ditribution net.

Michael

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 346
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 4:33:38 PM   
Sardaukar

Neat!

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

Post #: 347
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 5:12:28 PM   
ny59giants

Will there be a way to get the fuel out of an empty base?? When I play Japan and after I capture all of Luzon, I would like to get the fuel out of all the bases I'm not using rather than have 2000 fuel at various bases. Right now I would like it at Manila and Naga only.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 348
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 10:48:50 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Michael,

Here you go a save with a TF at Fusan not yet loading. I've been cycling cargo TF's here since about 20Dec, so about 14 turns or so. Note the large store yet at PA. Not sure if WAD or not. I can manually fill TF's. But on computer mode, they won't refill upon return. They just sit. I suspect because Fusan only show 19,000 or so resources and so it thinks it cannot fill.

This is a mod based upon Andy's Ironman Allied and GC1. I don't think that matters though for this issue, but no doubt you will see some units that are not in the GC.

The Fusan convoys seems to be an ordinary TF.
I routed it back to a Home Island port and made it a CS:Fusan with a return load of resources.

It started loading the resources once it unloaded its delivery. Not sure if this is something due to the overall tweaking of resource movement; not stockpiling as none set, and not from stopping the Fusan industry.
Will load up a K7 program and test same.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 349
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 10:49:31 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Will there be a way to get the fuel out of an empty base?? When I play Japan and after I capture all of Luzon, I would like to get the fuel out of all the bases I'm not using rather than have 2000 fuel at various bases. Right now I would like it at Manila and Naga only.

You'll still need to send ships ot to get it.

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 350
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 11:33:18 PM   
LeeChard

I read in another thread on the forum that the search arcs are fixed with this beta. Is this in solid or does it need testing? I volunteer if a tester is needed.

Post #: 351
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/14/2011 11:35:39 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

I read in another thread on the forum that the search arcs are fixed with this beta. Is this in solid or does it need testing? I volunteer if a tester is needed.

Search arcs work. Testing is always good, so jump on board! Of course, you will also get to enjoy all teh various massively good improvements, too.

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 352
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Resource Move... - 4/15/2011 5:12:29 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Michael,

The Fusan convoys seems to be an ordinary TF.
I routed it back to a Home Island port and made it a CS:Fusan with a return load of resources.

It started loading the resources once it unloaded its delivery. Not sure if this is something due to the overall tweaking of resource movement; not stockpiling as none set, and not from stopping the Fusan industry.
Will load up a K7 program and test same.

So, looks like K8 fixes this. Great!

THANKS!!!!

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 4/15/2011 5:19:11 AM >

Pax

Post #: 353
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/15/2011 11:23:16 AM   
LeeChard

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

Search arcs work. Testing is always good, so jump on board! Of course, you will also get to enjoy all teh various massively good improvements, too.

On it boss!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 354
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/15/2011 9:59:41 PM   
LeeChard

I've found an odd issue. After downloading the beta I have a new icon on my desktop. I assume I use that so I plug in my properties same as the original and start. So far so good, I Play the Guadalcanal Scenario as the Japanese and after my move I hit the end turn button and nothing happens. I've tried reloading and restarting 3 times same result. I then tried the same as the Americans and it works fine
I'm running Win7 64, Intel Quad, 8 meg memory, GeForce GTX550 Ti

The specs are from my own memory which is less then 8 meg anymore

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 355
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/16/2011 10:33:48 AM   
treespider

One small teensy weensy suggestion -

Change the Air Unit informational line "(Withdraw by xxxx xx, xxxx)" to "(Remove by xxxx xx, xxxx)"

At times when the only option is to "Disband" the group, the "Withdraw by" message has been a continual source of confusion for players.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 356
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/16/2011 11:44:04 AM   
michaelm75au

Can do so for the next round.

Michael

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 357
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/16/2011 12:53:13 PM   
viberpol

quote:

Tweaked Group stacking on base with AF 6+ gains a 1/3 lowering of the "Aircraft Stack Level" for 4E planes[MEM

Can you please elaborate a bit on this change?
Not being a native speaker, I just simply can't understand what you've tweaked.

The AFBs can now operate more 4E bombers from AF6+ without stacking penalties?
Or less?

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

Post #: 358
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/16/2011 1:18:13 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

quote:

Tweaked Group stacking on base with AF 6+ gains a 1/3 lowering of the "Aircraft Stack Level" for 4E planes[MEM

Can you please elaborate a bit on this change?
Not being a native speaker, I just simply can't understand what you've tweaked.

The AFBs can now operate more 4E bombers from AF6+ without stacking penalties?
Or less?

On a AF6+, instead of counting a 4E plane as 4 points towards stacking, it will only count as 2.67 points. You can still overload the AF but it requires more planes.
My logic here is that on "more developed" AFs there is usually more area to park planes that wont affect operating the groups. I have just drawn this line at 6+ size. If it becomes to contentious, I'll just drop it and revert back to same number overall.

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 359
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k8 Resource Move... - 4/16/2011 1:41:47 PM   
dbmsts

Michealm this was written in the change log for the 1108k8 patch

quote:

Tweaked Group stacking on base with AF 6+ gains a 1/3 lowering of the "Aircraft Stack Level" for 4E planes[MEM]

Could you please exlpain this in detail? Will AFs of size 9 and 10 also have overstacking now or is this about something else?

Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k7 Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI