Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 4/30/2011 2:30:53 AM   
drw61

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

Michael
Suggestion - To make managing device pools easier it would be nice to be able to sort this screen by nationality. (I could then select only the CW devices and turn them off)
Thanks for your excellent support!
Daryl

I was thinking of that (or adding nationality filter) myself but thought that it might not be as useful.

Oh, THREAD!!! yes!!! That would be fantastic!

I'm an Allied device managing geek at heart.

I would love this feature. However, I do not think it is possible. The device tab does not have a nationality field. It has a "side" field. So, you can filter on Japanese or Allied. But, the game already does this, since you can't see the other side's device pools.

Michael would have to add a field to the editor, then update all the OOB's for all the scenarios to add this feature. While I'd love it, I doubt it's on the top of the list. I could just be a pessimist.

Since I'm computer programming illiterate, I guarantee its very easy.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 511
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 - Replacement... - 4/30/2011 4:06:04 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

Replacement Pilots

So got suspicious about the replacement pilot pool, so I setup a test.  Modded so that I could pull a LOT of pilots. 

First I pulled all of the pilots out of the pool.  Ran a turn.  Then I pulled another +300 IJN pilots into training squadrons.  No change in pool numbers.  Ran the turn to see if any change.  None.

This picture is the from after the +300 pull, but the "before" screen is identical except that it is the 15 Jan 42.

Shouldn't the number of pilots have dropped? looks like I'm getting free pilots here ....

I ran this in K7, K8, and K9.

Michael: savegame available, but if you still have one of the saves I've sent you with a game date of before ~20Jan you can run this test. Look at Hiroshima squadrons and just fill them up. If you need another save, just let me know.

what was the experience rating of those pilots?

The incoming ones to the squadrons? ~20 exp which is what I would expect. So, I cannot tell if it is a reporting screen issue or not.

Bug.
Replacement pool number is not being checked before it grabs one. Number is reduced correctly if there are some, but the 'no pilot found' indicator is not being passed back to look at the 'trainee-pilot' pool.
If replacement pool (of trained replacements) is empty, it should be going down a level and pulling out the trainee pilots.
Added the missing line, and it will now go to the trainees. This will also mean that the pilots pulled from here will have a higher EXP than the current method (original method of 1/2 national experience) until the that pool (of exp 28) is exhausted. And so forth.
Fixing this bug might have some impact on players who are running their pools on empty.

Thanks

< Message edited by michaelm -- 4/30/2011 4:08:18 AM >

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 512
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 - Replacement... - 4/30/2011 4:10:27 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Replacement Pilots

So got suspicious about the replacement pilot pool, so I setup a test.  Modded so that I could pull a LOT of pilots. 

First I pulled all of the pilots out of the pool.  Ran a turn.  Then I pulled another +300 IJN pilots into training squadrons.  No change in pool numbers.  Ran the turn to see if any change.  None.

This picture is the from after the +300 pull, but the "before" screen is identical except that it is the 15 Jan 42.

Shouldn't the number of pilots have dropped? looks like I'm getting free pilots here ....

I ran this in K7, K8, and K9.

Michael: savegame available, but if you still have one of the saves I've sent you with a game date of before ~20Jan you can run this test. Look at Hiroshima squadrons and just fill them up. If you need another save, just let me know.

what was the experience rating of those pilots?

The incoming ones to the squadrons? ~20 exp which is what I would expect. So, I cannot tell if it is a reporting screen issue or not.

Bug.
Replacement pool number is not being checked before it grabs one. Number is reduced correctly if there are some, but the 'no pilot found' indicator is not being passed back to look at the 'trainee-pilot' pool.
If replacement pool (of trained replacements) is empty, it should be going down a level and pulling out the trainee pilots.
Added the missing line, and it will now go to the trainees. This will also mean that the pilots pulled from here will have a higher EXP than the current method (original method of 1/2 national experience) until the that pool (of exp 28) is exhausted. And so forth.
Fixing this bug might have some impact on players who are running their pools on empty.

Thanks

Michael,

Again, thanks for the great support!!!

Pax

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 513
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 4/30/2011 4:14:18 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I'm cap_and_gown's opponent. I had no idea that his Zero squadrons were restricted before. Maybe that was a bug and it's now gone? Dunno.

Witpqs,

I don't think so. In stock, the George is NOT a carrier capable aircraft so AFAIK it cannot be used in a "zero" squadron. What I have done in my personal mod (and I have read many others doing the same) to enable this upgrade is to mod the George so that it is carrier capable and then add a house rule that states the George can only be transported by CV, not operated off of them. I haven't read any other solution in the forums ...

Hmm. But if a squadron is upgraded to a non-carrier capable plane, it won't be able to operate from CVs then, right?

I beleive that the issue is that if the plane isn't carrier capable, then you can't upgrade to it if the air group is carrier trained or capable even with PDU on. I know in my personal mod, the only way that I can get the George to be able to go into ANY IJN fighter squadron is that I have to set it carrier capable in the editor. Otherwise it won't be available even if I set it up in the upgrade path.

Pax

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 514
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 4/30/2011 7:37:57 PM   
michaelm75au

A group with a carrier capable aircraft can show aircraft that are not carrier capable. I had not noticed this earlier.

However, with PDU on and the player wishes to upgrade to a non-capable aircraft, I don't see any issue. They will still have some problems if the new aircraft is operated from carriers.
If the group is a land-based one with a carrier capable aircraft, then there is no reason why they can't operate the non-carrier plane.

The next build should actually drop the non-carrier models from the list if the group is currently assigned to a carrier so as not to confuse things.

As a counter to the view that this benefitting the Japanese player, I will be adding a slight twist for Allied groups when PDU is on. Some Allied groups will be able to borrow aircraft from a related nationality.

CW groups will see Aus,NZ,Can and Brit planes; IND groups will sees Brit planes; USMC & USN groups will see planes from each other.
There will be a variable PP cost (based on aircraft type) to select the new plane from the related nationality if it is not one already in the upgrade path. Expired aircraft will cost less.

This is something that was tossed about during AE development.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 5/1/2011 6:05:34 AM >

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 515
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 4/30/2011 9:25:16 PM   
rjopel

quote:

As a counter to the view that this benefitting the Japanese player, I will be adding a slight twist for Allied groups when PDU is on. Some Allied groups will be able to borrow aircraft from a related nationality.

CW groups will see Aus,NZ,Can and Brit planes; IND groups will sees Brit planes; USMC & USN groups will see planes from each other.
There will be a 50 PP cost to select the new plane from the related nationality if it is not one already in the upgrade path.

That will be awesome. Have been quite fustrated with having virtually identical planes being in the pools but since its the wrong nationality not being able to use them.

Post #: 516
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 4/30/2011 10:48:28 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

A group with a carrier capable aircraft can show aircraft that are not carrier capable. I had not noticed this earlier.

However, with PDU on and the player wishes to upgrade to a non-capable aircraft, I don't see any issue. They will still have some problems if the new aircraft is operated from carriers.
If the group is a land-based one with a carrier capable aircraft, then there is no reason why they can't operate the non-carrier plane.

The next build should actually drop the non-carrier models from the list if the group is currently assigned to a carrier so as not to confuse things.

There will be a 50 PP cost to select the new plane from the related nationality if it is not one already in the upgrade path.

This is something that was tossed about during AE development.

I think this is a great change. Thanks!!

Pax

Post #: 517
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m - 5/1/2011 6:03:53 AM   
michaelm75au

Updated
[1108m]
Fixed Dropped airgroup dets from parent groups if not on map [MEM]
Added Indicate on base screen if Burma Road is open (on Ledo, Rangoon and Tsuyung) [MEM]
Added Right-click adds/subtracts 5000 supply from base additional needs - got tired of extra clicks :) [MEM]
Tweaked Lowered excess resource/oil threshold from 10 days to 5 days; has been 10 since start but think it is too high. Should flow to ports for use elsewhere [MEM]
Restored password change on email save - wrong variable used [MEM]
Tweaked Deleted more killed/captured pilots when at pilot max limit [MEM]
Tweaked TF list to standardize locations a bit more [MEM]
Fixed Trainee replacement pool not being reduced [MEM]
Tweaked Moved the combat and ops reports on the screen to the left to allow for longer lines [MEM]
Added Allied groups can see air upgrades from related nationalities if PDU is on: CW group sees Aus,NZ,Can,Brit; IND group sees Brit; USMC & USN can trade planes. Will be a PP cost to use other nationality [MEM]

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 518
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 5/1/2011 6:38:16 AM   
dbmsts

quote:

Added Allied groups can see air upgrades from related nationalities if PDU is on: CW group sees Aus,NZ,Can,Brit; IND group sees Brit; USMC & USN can trade planes. Will be a PP cost to use other nationality [MEM]

My question is, what is PDU?

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 519
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 5/1/2011 6:39:35 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: dbmsts

quote:

"Player defined upgrade" option

Michael

(in reply to dbmsts)
Post #: 520
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m - 5/1/2011 7:12:09 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Updated
[1108m]
Tweaked Lowered excess resource/oil threshold from 10 days to 5 days; has been 10 since start but think it is too high. Should flow to ports for use elsewhere [MEM]

Michael - have you looked at the flow on effects. Just ran 12 turns without any res pooling on and resources are going everywhere even to places where they are not needed. China now has more than Manchuria (it flowed there from Manchuria) and bases like Swatow which don't need them get 'em. I'm seeing 85k Res at small ports like Antung but only 32k at Port Arthur (up the road).

I tried Res pooling at Port Arthur and nothing changed. Maybe I don't understand the pooling apart from it keeping the level needed and not transferring that to other bases?? In which case all non - resource needing bases should have it set to off and those which do to on ... would this create a situation where the resources are stabilized into only those bases?

Anyway - changing the multiplier is going to have to be tested more cause at present I see it very hard for the Japanese player to draw enough to bases with ports large enough to supply Japan. Maybe some guys with more time than me can follow this up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 5/1/2011 7:13:09 AM >

Post #: 521
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m - 5/1/2011 8:12:18 AM   
Mac Linehan

michaelm -

With 1108m -

The 5 hot key - "supply values" is absolutely AWESOME! Really helps with supply planning - Affects just about everything. Thank You, thank you, Sir!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 522
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m - 5/1/2011 9:43:44 AM   
michaelm75au

I have noticed that the old limits are still in place on oil/resource.
The limits should have been port size based.

I'll be updating the EXE to m1 shortly.

Michael

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 523
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 5/1/2011 9:46:24 AM   
inqistor

quote:

Good idea. Also units already CARRIER TRAINED, should not have this option available, as this will cause loss of this ability.

quote:

There will be a variable PP cost (based on aircraft type) to select the new plane from the related nationality if it is not one already in the upgrade path. Expired aircraft will cost less.

Actually, PP cost should be probably based on unit size (like 2, or 3 times max planes), as basing it only on "type", will "force" players to choose largest units anyway.

Post #: 524
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m - 5/1/2011 12:21:58 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

I have noticed that the old limits are still in place on oil/resource.
The limits should have been port size based.

I'll be updating the EXE to m1 shortly.

Wow! Instant support!!

Thanks for all your efforts. Much appreciated!

Pax

Post #: 525
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m1 - 5/1/2011 12:37:22 PM   
michaelm75au

Updated to remove old resoure/oil limits and replaced by port size limits.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 526
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m1 - 5/1/2011 12:53:43 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

THANKS!!!

Testing today.

Pax

Post #: 527
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April - 5/1/2011 1:15:59 PM   
invernomuto

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flying Tiger

any word yet on when this patch will become 'official'??

Inquiring minds want to know

Michael You don't have to stop your incredible work. Just let the rest of us catch up!!!

+1
I am using the beta for my AI game, but I do not feel confident to use it in my PBEM.
The first beta was relased over two months ago. Any chance to have an official version soon?

Thanks,

(in reply to ckk)
Post #: 528
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m1 - 5/1/2011 1:33:37 PM   
n01487477

quote:

Just tested it a little and it looks really good Michael...Thanks again!

Post #: 529
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m1 - 5/1/2011 2:08:03 PM   
Sardaukar

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 530
Get New Pilot - 5/1/2011 3:25:47 PM   
PaxMondo

Feature Suggestion:
For Get new pilot we currently have a button to load the group up to normal pilot staffing.  This is a very useful lbutton.  

It would be nice to have another button that would load the group with max pilots.  IT would save a LOT of clicks.  In fact, if I had to choose between the two functions, I would rather have the button load the group up to max pilots.

Pax

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 531
Bug Report - pilot training pool - 5/1/2011 3:55:36 PM   
PaxMondo

Michael,

ignore.

Found out that the new patch points to Beta2 sub instead of Beta3. I had to change my desktop icon ...

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 5/1/2011 3:58:39 PM >

Pax

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 532
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/1/2011 4:28:26 PM   
inqistor

quote:

It would be nice to have another button that would load the group with max pilots.  IT would save a LOT of clicks.  In fact, if I had to choose between the two functions, I would rather have the button load the group up to max pilots.

Speaking of buttons, it would be nice for double-arrow buttons at air-units CAP etc. percentages, to give 50% (as in WITP), because 0, or 100% is not very useful.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 533
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/1/2011 6:33:52 PM   
DivePac88

Thank you michaelm, this is truly awesome support.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 534
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/1/2011 10:15:28 PM   
ny59giants

I have Tracker showing me my Vehicle production cut in half with k9. I don't know if its just me, so a PM has been sent already. Here is screenshot.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 535
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/1/2011 10:34:57 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

I have Tracker showing me my Vehicle production cut in half with k9. I don't know if its just me, so a PM has been sent already. Here is screenshot.

What does the first tab of the Industry section show? "Report" is the tab name

Pax

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 536
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 12:22:53 AM   
mjk428

quote:

Added Right-click adds/subtracts 5000 supply from base additional needs - got tired of extra clicks :)

Nice.

Death to extra clicks!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 537
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 12:51:56 AM   
dbmsts

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: dbmsts

quote:

"Player defined upgrade" option

How do I turn the PDU on/off?

(in reply to mjk428)
Post #: 538
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 1:25:39 AM   
witp1951

Select Realism Options on the Main Menu screen. Toggle Player Defined Upgrades to red for off, green for on.

< Message edited by witp1951 -- 5/2/2011 1:26:22 AM >

Baka wa shinanakya naoranai

Dog

(in reply to dbmsts)
Post #: 539
RE: Get New Pilot - 5/2/2011 5:49:47 AM   
BigDuke66

Was anything done to the leaders or the effects they have over the course of the patches & beta patches?
I just wonder if this table is still up-to-date:

Sorry I have to grab any straw as the manual has almost no info about leaders.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 5/2/2011 10:43:50 AM >

(in reply to witp1951)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k9 updated 24 April Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI