Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/25/2011 12:40:20 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

Michael,

Some observations on purchasing back destroyed LCUs. (Using 1108k)

The 4th Marine Reg (5524, located at SF in the save) comes back without its withdraw date of 440801.

This is intentional. If you are going you reform the unit, it is a "new unit".
Forcing a withdraw could make rebuilding a unit totally meaningless as by the time it gets fully built, it goes 'poof' and get withdrawn.
Bring back destroyed units breaks the 'historical' withdrawn reason from my voew point.

Looks like a major potential loophole has been created.

Taking into account your concern, wouldn't a better solution be to not allow destroyed units to be eligible for resurrection if they were scheduled to go "poof".

Alfred

While looking at something else, I noticed that the withdraw date of LCUs was cleared sometimes, and not others, when it was destroyed.
This makes the discussion about retaining the withdrawal date of rebuilt destroyed units a bit moot, as it might be or might not be, there.

Firstly, I am making the withdraw information stay with destroyed LCUs for consistency.
Secondly, as it is there, if the destroyed LCU's withdraw type is permanent (ie goes poof), then it can't be reformed.
Of course, this only applies if 'Unit withdraw' option is on.

I think that the original issue here was that I allowed sub-units (/A/B/C) to be reformed from the list. Which meant that recombing the subunits into the parent unit could cause the parent to lose it's withdraw info and thus NOT be withdrawn as scheduled. So I carried over the withdraw date.
But as I have dropped the ability to reform sub-unit and allowed parent units to be rebuilt from the remaining subunits still in play, the parent no longer loses its withdraw date.

Michael

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 211
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108k5 March 26 - 3/26/2011 1:23:44 PM   
michaelm75au

Changed: LCU rebuild requires same Op Mode and March parameters for all subunits [MEM]
Changed: LCU withdraw date was being cleared in some cases and not others when killed; fixed so that destroyed LCUs can't be reformed if due to withdraw [MEM]

Having multiple op modes and march distances can cause loopholes and funny results with parent unit. If unsure if March is causing issue, just set a march command and then cancel the move. This will clear out the march distance and direction.
If withdraws is on, then units which have been marked for withdrawal wont be available for reforming. I was toying with the idea of only restricting this to permanently disbanded/withdrawn LCUs, but they all seem to be that way.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/26/2011 1:24:50 PM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 212
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/26/2011 5:50:51 PM   
BJStone

Hi Michael,

In regards to the patch you are working on - would games in previous versions (I'm currently using the "i" version) be able to patch up to it or would it require a restart to implemt changes in the final version of the 1108j patch?

I'm playing the AI and having a great time. I was thinking of doing a PBEM game but I'm more then willing to wait a month or three to start a game with all of the latest updates/fixes if that's what it takes.

Thanks again for all ofthe great support you provide. This is such a great game!

Regards,

BJ

Post #: 213
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/26/2011 8:21:26 PM   
Rexor

This is awesome. One question: What version should the game show after installing this?

WAIT! Scratch that. I just figured it out....

< Message edited by Rexor -- 3/26/2011 8:29:21 PM >

"Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe." (H.G. Wells)

(in reply to BJStone)
Post #: 214
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/26/2011 8:26:40 PM   
Cribtop

I second BJ Stone's question as Cuttlefish and I are anxiously awaiting the patch to start a PBEM.

(in reply to Rexor)
Post #: 215
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/27/2011 12:15:56 AM   
michaelm75au

This patch is just code so applying it does not need a restart.
There may be some things that might take affect after the patch.

The latest changes are an example.
If a sub-unit was moved at sometime before the patch, the march direction was never cleared once it reached its destination. Now it will be.
This means that earlier split units might not be able to combine due to different march directions. The workaround is to give them same marching orders and then cancel the move. The new code would clear the direction and allow the units to recombine.

Michael

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 216
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/27/2011 2:50:42 AM   
Cribtop

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work!

Post #: 217
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/27/2011 1:01:40 PM   
ny59giants

Maybe I missed it in the list of changes, but are we able to train for LowN if I have a air unit set at 2,000 feet rather than gaining experience in NavB?? I have multiple air units with their ASW experience near or at 70 and would like to get their LowN experience up so they can actually hit the subs when they find them.

Thanks michaelm

(in reply to Cribtop)
Post #: 218
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/27/2011 1:37:39 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Maybe I missed it in the list of changes, but are we able to train for LowN if I have a air unit set at 2,000 feet rather than gaining experience in NavB?? I have multiple air units with their ASW experience near or at 70 and would like to get their LowN experience up so they can actually hit the subs when they find them.

Thanks michaelm

Low level bomb training is 1000' with a Naval or Land bombing as the main training mission.
If you use 100' in training, it becomes a Strafe skill mission instead.
If an attack bomber, the low bombing training level is 1000' - 5000'.

IIRC, the altitudes for combat missions as I previously stated.

Michael

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 219
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/27/2011 2:50:10 PM   
ny59giants

quote:

Low level bomb training is 1000' with a Naval or Land bombing as the main training mission.
If you use 100' in training, it becomes a Strafe skill mission instead.
If an attack bomber, the low bombing training level is 1000' - 5000'.

IIRC, the altitudes for combat missions as I previously stated.

I know about the altitude setting of 100' for Strafing experience for my fighters.

If I am to use Helen Ia as Japan or a Kingfisher as the Allies for ASW Patrol, then I need to gain experience in ASW (to be able to find subs) and then I use LowN to actually attack them. Right??

Is LowN skill only applied if the aircraft is set for 1000'? Is there an upper range for LowN or stated another way, when does level bomber (or FP) go from using LowN to NavB skill when attacking??

I have been setting my ASW dedicated aircraft to 2000' and thought (maybe incorrectly) that they would use LowN skill to attack from this altitude.

Thanks for you assistance!!

Post #: 220
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 8:46:54 AM   
BigDuke66

@michaelm
Regarding "PLEASE DON'T USE THIS EXE FOR YOUR REAL ON-GOING GAMES AT THE MOMENT PENDING MY FINDINGS ON HOW SUITABLE THE NEW EXE IS.", how suitable is the exe by now?

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 221
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 9:55:04 AM   
michaelm75au

I think it is close.
I just want to try some more old saves on to see how the LCU device upgrade/replacemets work.

Michael

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 222
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 11:01:19 AM   
viberpol

quote:

I think it is close.
I just want to try some more old saves on to see how the LCU device upgrade/replacemets work.

Changed: LCU rebuild requires same Op Mode and March parameters for all subunits [MEM]

Hi Michael,
I just upgraded with k5 and it seems that now the units are unable to rebuild.

Attaching a save to help you.
See the following units (restricted location as this is an ongoing PBEM].

3192/3193 6/7th Guards Inf. Regiments at XXX --> all necessary parts are in place, no problem with devices, all in the same modes and yet the "rebuild" button is greyed out.

and

4174 - 4178 11-13th Indpt Infantry units at XXX --> the same, even the plan for is the same location, and yet the button is greyed out.

Attachment (1)

Przy lackim orle, przy koniu Kiejstuta Archanioł Rusi na proporcach błysł

Post #: 223
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 11:10:53 AM   
viberpol

If you can also please look at the SSXs in queue?

There's plenty of midget subs halted at 1 day before being ready,
but I cannot create any in ports (not even major ports such as Tokyo, Manila etc. or ports with naval HQ... none).

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 224
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 11:43:58 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: viberpol

quote:

I think it is close.

Hi Michael,
I just upgraded with k5 and it seems that now the units are unable to rebuild.

Attaching a save to help you.
See the following units (restricted location as this is an ongoing PBEM].

3192/3193 6/7th Guards Inf. Regiments at XXX --> all necessary parts are in place, no problem with devices, all in the same modes and yet the "rebuild" button is greyed out.

and

4174 - 4178 11-13th Indpt Infantry units at XXX --> the same, even the plan for is the same location, and yet the button is greyed out.

Having multiple op modes and march distances can cause loopholes and funny results with parent unit. If unsure if March is causing issue, just set a march command and then cancel the move. This will clear out the march distance and direction.

One or more had a "March Direction". Doing the above (setting a march and then cancelling it), corrected the problem and enabled the button.

{edit}
I am going to remove the March Direction check as it seems not to be really needed.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/28/2011 11:45:27 AM >

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 225
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 12:21:35 PM   
viberpol

quote:

One or more had a "March Direction". Doing the above (setting a march and then cancelling it), corrected the problem and enabled the button.

{edit}
I am going to remove the March Direction check as it seems not to be really needed.

OK. Thank you.
This magic incantation works.

quote:

Good move imho.
Because that must have been an "invisible march" -- none of the units was really moving.
Pointing direction and then cancelling the move enabled the button.

Post #: 226
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 12:58:54 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

Good move imho.
Because that must have been an "invisible march" -- none of the units was really moving.
Pointing direction and then cancelling the move enabled the button.

The problem is that the March Direction was never cleared. So if at any time the units moved, there would have been a value there. But not all units would have necessarily moved in the same direction.
The latest code clears the March Direction (if move cancelled or unit end it's march) so as not to have any issues in future.

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 227
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 12:59:56 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

If you can also please look at the SSXs in queue?

There's plenty of midget subs halted at 1 day before being ready,
but I cannot create any in ports (not even major ports such as Tokyo, Manila etc. or ports with naval HQ... none).

Which queue is this? Ship reinforcements??
Having trouble finding them.

The button is OFF as there are no available midget subs. There are some there but ship's class available date makes them unavailable.
Next available ships are in Jan 44.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/28/2011 1:21:39 PM >

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 228
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 1:51:52 PM   
dbmsts

Hi Micheal,

I'm playing with Version 1.00.84e. Will your patch work with it or do I have to get the latest patch before your beta one?

Post #: 229
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 2:10:55 PM   
viberpol

quote:

The button is OFF as there are no available midget subs. There are some there but ship's class available date makes them unavailable.

Hmmm... I meant these.
Now, when you said this, I know that Type D are available only later. My bad. But there are still some Ko Gata Type A that are halted and seem to be stuck (I am not 100% sure of it) at a certain delay. Have to check it in the next turn, because tracker shows no history of naval production and I loaded the newest turn already).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 230
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 2:58:52 PM   
viberpol

quote:

Hmmm... I meant these.
Now, when you said this, I know that Type D are available only later. My bad. But there are still some Ko Gata Type A that are halted and seem to be stuck (I am not 100% sure of it) at a certain delay. Have to check it in the next turn, because tracker shows no history of naval production and I loaded the newest turn already).

Yup. I confirm this.
Below please find a screen from a save a week earlier.
Those halted SSXs are stuck at the same delay of 15 days.

BTW: How many does a player have them?
I always thought they're respawned just like barges after some delay...

But there seem to be something wrong with the code because I also see a swarm of delayed/and halted and not producing LBs.
Those at a delay = 1 are readily available = 12 LBs. OK.
But take a look at LBs starting from ID1970. Those are also stuck at delay = 15.

Maybe that has sth to do with the respawning rule that had been modified in some former patch?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 231
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 6:54:20 PM   
m10bob

When applying any of these beta patches, should the "game version" comment on the scenario screen reflect the latest patch?..Mine still indicates the version from December?????....Thank you..

Post #: 232
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/28/2011 7:53:01 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

When applying any of these beta patches, should the "game version" comment on the scenario screen reflect the latest patch?..Mine still indicates the version from December?????....Thank you..

Bob, I'm a little unsure of what you are asking... The Beta has not changed any scenarios.

Are you remembering to run the Beta from the special Beta shortcut? As long as the software version in the upper left-hand corner of the screen has the right version number, you should be running the Beta OK.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 233
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/29/2011 11:20:36 AM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

Bob, I'm a little unsure of what you are asking... The Beta has not changed any scenarios.

Are you remembering to run the Beta from the special Beta shortcut? As long as the software version in the upper left-hand corner of the screen has the right version number, you should be running the Beta OK.

When you first enter the game, a screen comes on asking if you wish to play an existing game, etc..On that screen, near the top, right hand side, in small letters, is a display in black letters indicating which version of the game is on the computer. (I believe it is the 1st screen after the viseo presentation screen).

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 234
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/29/2011 12:32:37 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

Hmmm... I meant these.

I don't see any SSX in the game's ship reinforcement queue, at 1 day or 15 days.

Firstly, ships that can be bought by supply will sit a one day delay until they are so bought.
Respawning should give you the ability to keep re-using these "supply-generated" ships that get destroyed, unless the scenario respawn option is OFF.

I have found that the build rate on these ships has gone to '0', which gets deducted from the delay each turn.
So deducting 0 from the delay is not decreasing it.
BTW, build rate of 0 means HALTED which agrees with your screen shot of Tracker.

Can't see where it gets set to '0', though.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/29/2011 1:00:24 PM >

Michael

(in reply to viberpol)
Post #: 235
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/29/2011 1:07:58 PM   
viberpol

quote:

I don't see any SSX in the game's ship reinforcement queue, at 1 day or 15 days.
BTW, build rate of 0 means HALTED which agrees with your screen shot of Tracker.

SSXs nor LBs AFAIK were never visible ingame in the queue of ships being built.
That's why, when you see some of them halted in Tracker, you cannot 'unhalt' them manually. That's beyond player's decision and that's why I think there is some problem with code.

quote:

Firstly, ships that can be bought by supply will sit a one day delay until they are so bought.

This is clear. Those halted at day 1 can be bought for supplies. It works.
Some of them are produced and decrease their delay.
But those halted at 15 do not decrease their delay. See the below placed printscreen from two subsequent days.

quote:

Respawning should give you the ability to keep re-using these "supply-generated" ships that get destroyed, unless the scenario respawn option is OFF.

I noticed that IDs of those halted and not produced units of SSXs and LBs begin with small numbers (1970 - 72 etc.), so that's why my guess this has sth to do with respawning problem...
It just a guess.

[EDIT]
Ha! I think I found out what's happening...
Those are units that are returned to the pool by players.
If you return a small craft (SSxs or LBs) to the pool you get a message "will be available in 15 days"
But it gets stuck at 15 days delay and never decreases it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by viberpol -- 3/29/2011 1:21:23 PM >

Post #: 236
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/29/2011 5:41:01 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

When you first enter the game, a screen comes on asking if you wish to play an existing game, etc..On that screen, near the top, right hand side, in small letters, is a display in black letters indicating which version of the game is on the computer. (I believe it is the 1st screen after the viseo presentation screen).

I think you are starting up the Beta wrong. Michael had the Beta installer create a separate shortcut so that people have a choice about running their official install or the patch.

Look on your desktop for that new shortcut.

--> If you can't find it or need help, PM me and I can help you create one.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 237
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/29/2011 6:16:33 PM   
m10bob

Thank you..

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 238
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/30/2011 11:26:19 AM   
m10bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think you are starting up the Beta wrong. Michael had the Beta installer create a separate shortcut so that people have a choice about running their official install or the patch.

Look on your desktop for that new shortcut.

--> If you can't find it or need help, PM me and I can help you create one.

You were absolutely correct!..I was starting it using my original "shortcut icon" and the game was not getting the benefit of all the fixes!

This morning I started getting all those ressurected "killed" units and my "non-building" units started getting replacements like they were sponging up water!..WOW!!!!!

Thank you to michaelm and my buddy WITPQS

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 239
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) upda... - 3/30/2011 11:51:37 PM   
BigDuke66

This turn a strange meeting happened, this was only the second or third turn with the latest K5 so I'm not sure if it has something to do with it but just in case I have attached the pre-turn save(I also have the auto-save for that turn if needed).

Day Time Surface Combat, near Carnarvon at 41,130, Range 19,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
PB Takunan Maru #2, Shell hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Arima Maru, Shell hits 26, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CL Hobart

Japanese ground losses:
1401 casualties reported
Squads: 31 destroyed, 44 disabled
Non Combat: 36 destroyed, 17 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 10 (5 destroyed, 5 disabled)

The location is roughly some hexes west of Australia's North-West end, the Arima Maru starts the scenario near Samah(Hainan) and should run to Singora(Thailand) to drop off troops and the Takunan Maru #2 is based in Truk, all this leads to the question how did they end up in that corner???

Before upgrading to K5 I used this beta Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108c (build02).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 3/30/2011 11:59:59 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108j (build03) updated 27 Feb Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI