Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using rail

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Using rail Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using rail - 2/21/2011 4:08:07 PM   
McHarg

Hey all,

New to war in East. I am doing the tutorial as Russians. I can't seem to get any units to use rail. I have gone into rail mode, select unit, right click and it should entrain; at least this is how I read the rules. When ever I do this, as soon as I right click, the unit is deselected. I have checked the following. Unit is not on a damaged rail (I am trying to move reinforcements up towards front rather than move across country). I have more rail capacity than the unit takes to move. I have tried this on both combat and command units, same response. Is rail "turned off somehow in tutorial? Does it work in the campaign games?

I tried searching the forums, but get zero hits. I am new to forums, so maybe I am doing the search wrong. Sorry to be a pain, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Grahcm
Post #: 1
RE: Using rail - 2/21/2011 4:27:52 PM   
2ndACR

Search takes some serious work. It has never worked right, but is low on priority list for fixing.

Make sure you have the setting on rail (the rail icon at top) select unit, right click on destination. That is all there is to it.

Best to post questions in the main game forum, we see it there faster.

(in reply to McHarg)
Post #: 2
RE: Using rail - 2/21/2011 7:19:14 PM   
Joel Billings

In the tutorial you have very little rail capacity (1100, shown in the top right corner of the screen when in rail mode). You may be trying to move a unit that requires more rail capacity (shown on the unit's detail screen). I was able to move a Soviet brigade, but not the larger units.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to McHarg)
Post #: 3
RE: Using rail - 2/21/2011 7:20:36 PM   
2ndACR

Ah, never played the tutorial.

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Using rail - 2/21/2011 9:25:20 PM   
Redmarkus5

Try moving the 3rd Shock Army HQ by rail in the tutorial. There is just enough capacity for that, but not for much else, because that scenario is so small that a rail move is irrelevant.

To play around with a lot more of the game functions, start a grand campaign as the Axis and just experiment, then close it down before the Soviet turn. You won't break it ;)

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Using rail Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI