Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/10/2011 12:16:31 AM   
Platoon_Michael

Thanks Oddball,
But where do I get the graphics for the Total VL Control?

I don't even see the ones for the Battle Debrief Tab.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 31
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/10/2011 4:43:06 AM   
Andrew Williams

oh dear

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 32
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/10/2011 4:21:57 PM   
davidss

Hi,
Get a copy of the TLD Campaign.txt file, and then just go down the list and replace (copy and paste) all data specific to your WaR mod ... and then use this edited TLD file for your mod.
Remember to correct all number of days references ... must equal all the same as your mod.
You'll also have to add the correct number of days for all the differential support too.

You'll notice there is mention of Cohesion in the text ... I believe that is what enables overall cohesion levels to be shown in game
I just did this for converting WaR Utah 1.3 to TLD ... it worked for TLD anyway. I'm also using TLD screens.
Thanks RD_Oddball for mentioning the campaign txt thing earlier in this topic.

< Message edited by davidss -- 3/10/2011 9:37:08 PM >

Post #: 33
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 3:23:44 AM   
Platoon_Michael

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

oh dear

So you got one guy here who's showed more interest in the game than anyone else and you belittle him when he wants help?

What a P***k!

< Message edited by Platoon_Michael -- 3/11/2011 3:24:50 AM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 34
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 5:21:19 AM   
Andrew Williams

Plt Mic

You have been given all the information even if oddball mislead you a little... now it's up to you to actually look.

The answer you seek is in the pictures posted... i can't jump ,in a 747 and do it all for you.

Post #: 35
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 12:27:56 PM   
Platoon_Michael

Well when someones asking for help and even e-mails another for help,he is then in turn hoping for help.
When he gets belittled or smart arse one liners instead it has a tendency of pissing him off.

You don't want to help (regardless of how easy it is for you ) then just ignore the thread.

Post #: 36
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 1:54:17 PM   
Dundradal

Michael,

Just ignore him as well. You are doing well to ask questions because I'm kind of learning a bit here as well.

"To you, we are deeply grateful, and release what little hold we might, as Durandal, have had on your soul.
Go."
- Final Terminal Message Marathon Infinity

Post #: 37
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 3:22:38 PM   
RD Oddball

Michael, In the scrngadg the DBVICTORYIMAGE_000 through 008 are the graphics for the victory images. I learned the structure of the scrngadg and gamegadg files simply by scrolling through the images, through the entire list looking for the ones I wanted until I've just about got the entire thing memorized. Anyone who's delved into modding of any sort has followed the same path. Wish there was an easier answer for you bud but that's about it. Asking in the forums is good and you get lots of great help but often it's only part of the picture and you still need to fill in the blanks on your own at some point.

If you're not seeing those graphics appear I'd suggest that there's something about your installation that is not in order. Perhaps you'd done some modding to a file or files and forgot to change them back or something along those lines. If you can determine that you're
ABSOLUTELY certain you've got a clean install and you're still not seeing it please list the EXACT steps leading up to not seeing them starting from your installation process through launching the game right up to not seeing the graphics.

< Message edited by RD_Oddball -- 3/11/2011 3:25:33 PM >

(in reply to Dundradal)
Post #: 38
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/11/2011 8:50:54 PM   
Andrew Williams

quote:

regardless of how easy it is for you

Or how difficult!

Michael.... I've looked through your posts... no one is helping you any more than they can....

You need to do the work, just as Oddball has said.

Dundradal's post is particularly helpful though, so no need to bother me with emails or MSN's any more.

(in reply to RD Oddball)
Post #: 39
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 3/12/2011 11:29:57 AM   
Platoon_Michael

quote:

so no need to bother me with emails or MSN's any more.

Consider it done.

Post #: 40
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 4/10/2011 7:40:42 AM   
STIENER

LOL.....Andrew makes another friend.

Post #: 41
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 5/15/2011 8:01:12 PM   
huahuapro

Just got the patch on. Not 100%, but most of the Panzers (I only play the German side. So not sure if US tanks got the same issue...) ONLY use their AP rounds - no matter soft targets or just suppressing fire on the open field, the tanks fire the HE round only when they are out of AP rounds...

Anyone help me? Thanks!

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 42
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 5/16/2011 12:25:20 AM   
Tejszd

quote:

ORIGINAL: huahuapro

Just got the patch on. Not 100%, but most of the Panzers (I only play the German side. So not sure if US tanks got the same issue...) ONLY use their AP rounds - no matter soft targets or just suppressing fire on the open field, the tanks fire the HE round only when they are out of AP rounds...

Anyone help me? Thanks!

Just did some quick tests as the Germans.

Default shell type loaded seems to be AP.

- targeted a building, loaded AP shell fired and another AP shell loaded
- targeted the ground (area fire), loaded AP shell fired and HE shell loaded
- targeted infantry, loaded AP shell fired and HE shell loaded (though when the infantry go to ground and disappear from view or are killed an AP shell loaded)

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 5/16/2011 12:31:44 AM >

(in reply to huahuapro)
Post #: 43
RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available - 5/16/2011 1:39:08 AM   
twitter

Hi,

I have a question and it might be related to the latest beta patch so I am putting it here. When I had the game updated with the latest non-beta patch the game worked perfectly. Since I DL the beta patch I fire up the game and I get the black screen just before the Matrix logo appears (and my cursor turns to the white triangle) but then it just freezes. When I hit control-alt-delete I get a very brief glimpse of the main screen and the computer says the game is running fine, but it won't progress from that black screen. I do have ABTF mod DL that worked just fine as well with the latest non-beta patch. Might that be causing the game to not load? Everything used to work perfectly and I played many hours of the game, but now I cannot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have not upgraded my computer so I have no new video card, and as I stated my game worked just fine so I know the requirements are not the problem. Oh, I also have CoI and that game still runs perfectly - so needless to say I am not sure what is causing WaR to not run.

Sincerely,

Brian

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein >> RE: New Public Beta v4.50.14b Available Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI